v Woking

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Prediction for today

Daggers 2 Woking 2

And somehow York to win and stay up too.
Auntie Merge

Ps I really hope Garry Hill gets a warm welcome.

He is a Dagger after all.
NBDag

Very good to see Fejiri, Pennell and Robinson all starting today, alongside our loanees. Shame that Hawkins still isn't back but the line up is promising for the playoffs
SUSSEX DAGGER

Good to see that we appear to have everybody fit for the playoffs. Robinson and Parnell had tidy games I thought which Was good to see after so long out. Can't ask for much more then they gave . 90 minutes in their legs will bring them on a bundle.

Obvious we had mind on other matters throughout so it was never going to be a spectacle.

My biggest fear is that pitch and not the opposition on Thirsday.They have managed to take 1 point from three relegated teams over the past month but can't help worrying about what the game will be playedf on.

Now I am no agriculture expert but was it the greatest idea to have People stamp all over the drum with Thursday in mind after the conclusion of today's game!
ARNU

I wasn't expecting a lot today and that's exactly what I got. The game should help Jonny hoof to know who to let go in the summer. I thought Howells was awful, Ling very poor, Pennel clearly unfit and poor old Romaine didn't get a lot of service. I do like Heard though. He's not gonna play much higher up but he runs around like a nutter chases everything. Pleased he got the equaliser.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

Most of the squad are contracted aren't they, so won't be going anywhere unless we want to chuck the. Some money.
Not sure how you concluded that Howells or Ling needed mentioning above anyone else (other than that you wrote Howells off ages ago).
Both did their job and in a team with so many changes no one is going to do much.

In the end we changed pretty much an entire team and took a draw from steam that needed to get a draw, with their goal being a deflected free kick awarded by an inept referee when Ling was clearly fouled.
stanton101

Nice to see Robinson back and playing obviously not match fit but a useful 90 minutes under his belt and should at least make the bench again on Thursday. Pennell did ok as did pretty much all the back four and cousins pulled off a couple of decent saves to give still a headache for the keepers jersey on Thursday. Romain chased everything with no service at all.
Guttridge strolled around like he couldn't be arsed and as for Howells or Howell it's a toss up to see which one was worse, Howell getting motm was laughable.
Onward and upward, roll on fgr.
ARNU

Adrian wrote:Most of the squad are contracted aren't they, so won't be going anywhere unless we want to chuck the. Some money.
Not sure how you concluded that Howells or Ling needed mentioning above anyone else (other than that you wrote Howells off ages ago).
Both did their job and in a team with so many changes no one is going to do much.

In the end we changed pretty much an entire team and took a draw from steam that needed to get a draw, with their goal being a deflected free kick awarded by an inept referee when Ling was clearly fouled.
Howells,looks and is unfit,26 looks 36, gives the ball away too much fails to cross it, bag o shite ! He is no first team player and you know it.He dosent even get on your bench does he Adrian ?
Ling...How many times could he have made progress into the Woking half but instead just dithered ? Also gave the ball away a lot and when he needed to get back just has no speed.In his favour is that I did see him put a good shift in before but after today I doubt he'd make your bench either.Go on,tell me they would.

Neither player gets in my matchday squad on that showing.
Lcbdagger

Cracking early saving header from Ling after a cracking cross and under pressure... very little after that from him. Personally impressed with Pennell... not fully fit but looks comfortable on the ball.

Dreadful game all in all but expected nothing less in all honesty... onwards to the Rovers... fancy that we've got the best draw we could have had over the past month's matches... not sure Tranmere will be too pleased with Aldershot on their form
Adrian

ARNU wrote:
Adrian wrote:Most of the squad are contracted aren't they, so won't be going anywhere unless we want to chuck the. Some money.

Howells,looks and is unfit,26 looks 36, gives the ball away too much fails to cross it, bag o shite ! He is no first team player and you know it.He dosent even get on your bench does he Adrian ?
Ling...How many times could he have made progress into the Woking half but instead just dithered ? Also gave the ball away a lot and when he needed to get back just has no speed.In his favour is that I did see him put a good shift in before but after today I doubt he'd make your bench either.Go on,tell me they would.

Neither player gets in my matchday squad on that showing.
Ling didn't give the ball away lots at all at got forward plenty of times.
I've not seen enough of either player to judge and then write them off.
Mark

Ling played well. I'd struggle to understand how anyone could conclude he didn't unless they were at the wrong game.
Diggerthedog

Very much a pre season match yesterday both on and off the pitch. Our goal was very undeserved, man of the match was Cousins. Two brilliant saves at 1-0, kept us in it really.

Onto the real games.
ARNU

Did you miss that hideous throw cousins did ? He threw the ball out quickly to a crowd of Daggers players and found a Woking player amongst them who led an instant attack.
Diggerthedog

Yeah I saw that.

One thing I do worry about is our last two games a bobble has cost teams two goals, let's hope the Pitch does not decide this play off tie.
Don Beech 3

Howells was appalling, for him maybe not best to do flashy flick ons and give it straight to the oppo. Can only presume people round me thought that he had been given Man of the match as opposed to Luke Howell as people were very upset, disproportionately for what the game meant. When trying to think who it could have been instead maybe Cousins, think he is in now for the play offs? Few others played ok but didn't see a grave mis-carriage of justice.

PS the pitch, why do we pass it so much now (all season not just yesterday as only small player up top), would rather Still went back to the Hoof stuff on that be a lot easier