Player of the year.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Boucard.

I reckon whitely will get it though.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

Boucard will roll his studs over it and pass it backwards to one of the centre halves under pressure.

Lots of candidates, no real stand out due to various injuries cutting their impact on things. Probably Whitely or Okenabhirie for me, with an honourable mention to Hawkins, Robson and Scotty Doe.
NBDag

Would have voted Boucaud a few months ago but not now. Has to be Whitely surely, aside from his red card I think he's been fantastic this season. Would be nice to see Widdowson be up there too as I'm pretty sure he's played every game, maybe even minute, in the league.
Mark

Whitely has had a great first season. He gives us something extra and we miss him more than most when he doesn't play. Him and Boucaud are an obvious top 2 to me.

Injuries have kinda made it a contest of who was out the least. Robson has been good. Doe had a few dodgy games but largely reliable.
Adrian

I'd probably go for Whitely, with Guttridge not far behind.
Hawkins, Fejiri and Maguire-Drew deserve mentions as well. A lot of other good performers that have missed out through injury.

Boucard - too reliant on others around him and rarely actually makes anything happen.
Widdowson - not all that defensively and doesn't often add much going forward either.
lupins

It's all opinion but Boucard is the least reliant on others he always takes the ball under pressure and generally passes to a teammate rather than give it away
Adrian

[quote="lupins"]It's all opinion but Boucard is the least reliant on others he always takes the ball under pressure and generally passes to a teammate rather than give it away[/quote]

Your description there highlights perfectly why he is reliant on others.
Needs others to win the ball to give him and needs them to then do something with it when he gives it to them.
He often gives the ball to teammates in worse positions leaving them unable to do anything other than lose the ball.
Diggerthedog

Anyone know our record without Boucard? We're normally pretty crap without him and certainly struggle when he is not playing. He was superb on Saturday but I guess only 77 people would see that.
BarkingRambo

My top 3 are Whitley, Bouchard and Fejiri. Its hard to believe 2 of them were playing Ryman level football before moving here, they have settled into the league like they have been playing it for years and all 3 of them are missed when they are out of the squad.

Firm handshakes for Hawkins, Robson, Robinson, Doe, Guttridge, Justham and JMD. All have played some decent football and again we have looked worse when they are missing from the squads or having bad days at the office.

Possibly one of the hardest player of year votes in a long while, the whole squad has done well and a variety of different players have at points been outstanding. It would be easier to pick out our worst players.
stanton101

Whitely for me with Robson a very close second. Robinson would have probably won it, had it not been for his injury.
IanC

Agree with most whitely by mile for me,so explosive and scored goals,great 1st season at this level.Agree Robinson might have well got it had he played all season,and think we might well have still be involved at the top too.Boucs been great but bloody annoying keep shooting off round the world,JMD still so young but done a fab job.And lastly hawks should be in the running and should be still scoring,but he has had a few niggles.But worse for me imo he has been a miserable sod since the end January with his chin on the floor,and that suggests to me he had his head turned over a move,I might be wrong but eh oh.
A S dagger97

I'd say top 3 should be Corey, Boucaud and Hawks.

Then the group of Fejiri, JMD, Doe, Robson, Widdowson, Justham, Guttridge
On annother note Robinson and Williams when fit have been fantastic for us which just makes you wonder If only.

I can't really fault too many as there have been so many contributions this season producing important mroments like sheppards two wonder goals (not doing much else tbh) and tarique Hyde in December and Frankie vs York. I'm not sure we've ever had so many squad members actually getting game time.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
mickeyblue

just nice to have a choice
last year I voted Scott doe and Luke Howell as the rest was not worthy

Corey for me this year with bundles of others second
Hawkins scoring as many as he has and still getting moans on here us beyond me
but we finished 9th!