Hawkins

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
durnzo

To be fair, you get what you pay for in life and at this level we're not going to attract a brilliant physio and it's a gamble at best. Look at what arsenal must spend on a medical team and how busy their treatment room is. It's all well and good getting rid of him but who else is gonna come in and make a difference for what they must pay. I think it might be more down to the fact that most the other teams look like rugby teams, 6foot plus fullbacks and everything else, and our team is just more fragile.
Alan

We have had 4 fractures and an ACL this season. Not sure how the physio can be blamed. If we were getting repeated hamstring injuries, for example, one might look at the fitness coach and physio.

Not saying he's the best. Or the worst. I've never met or spoken with him. What I do think is that this feels like an online witch hunt based in the main on uninformed reckoning rather than any knowledge of the medical conditions he has been asked to diagnose and treat.
Diggerthedog

Not just this season though Zavon Hines...
Alan

The Zavon who injured his ACL and was re-injured in the ESC after he was played for longer than the manager was told he should play for? The one who was getting treated with input from St George's park? The fellow who has managed 4 sub appearances in 4 months for Southend? That one?
Diggerthedog

Yeah that one. Unfortunate of not under Gowens we have a record of players being close to fitness yet they are barely seen two months later. Something is not quite right, it maybe a lack of investment from the club on these matters.
Mike the Dagger

The club are at least listening to concerns.... http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/2 ... 61850.aspx.

Fair play to Gowans for fronting up.
Alan

Assume you will be taking up his offer of speaking to him to tell him then, digger?
NBDag

Mike the Dagger wrote:The club are at least listening to concerns.... http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/2 ... 61850.aspx.

Fair play to Gowans for fronting up.
Fair play to him for coming out and saying his side of things. On a slightly separate note, it's good to see that things like this that have been said on the forum and on Twitter are actually being addressed by the club. Especially after last season where it felt like we were being ignored far too often.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote:Assume you will be taking up his offer of speaking to him to tell him then, digger?
Nah I have my views and he probably has his. Seems all a bit desperate to me. Fair play to him for speaking up.
ARNU

What I said then !

I think you physiotherapy experts who slagged him off should go do it to his face. He's basically calling you out.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

I've arranged to meet John as I've been critical of him this season so I feel like I owe him the chance to explain. I'm not an expert but I can only go on the public perception of how these injuries appear from the outside view. If John can put me right, then fair play, I'll learn something maybe along the way as well.
ARNU

How are you , with no physiotherapy qualification going to be anything other than handed your arse in a hat ?

I think we are all on safer ground on football issues when the team is 23rd in the league without a win in months. Unless you're gonna take a medically trained expert with evidence of malpractice I'd just apologise to him now mate.
leewilson

ARNU wrote:How are you , with no physiotherapy qualification going to be anything other than handed your arse in a hat ?

I think we are all on safer ground on football issues when the team is 23rd in the league without a win in months. Unless you're gonna take a medically trained expert with evidence of malpractice I'd just apologise to him now mate.
Because I want to learn and understand. Therefore, I'd like to meet him and hear what he has to say.
ARNU

Well I certainly admire your spirit. Fair play to you.
leewilson

ARNU wrote:Well I certainly admire your spirit. Fair play to you.
And if I am 'handed my arse in a hat', as you say, it'll be far closer to a hat than you ever were and should have been. ;)