Hawkins

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

Does anyone know the extent of the injury picked up Monday night? Is it a broken or sprained arm. Is he out for the season or back soon?
BarkingRambo

He has said on his twitter he has broken a bone in his arm and needs surgery on it. Sadly his season is over.
Mike the Dagger

nah, shove some cold spray on it and send him back on.... oh!

Daggers will be looking for a new physio in the summer I think.
The Romford Dagger

BarkingRambo wrote:He has said on his twitter he has broken a bone in his arm and needs surgery on it. Sadly his season is over.
In that case, Gowens should be seriously looked at.
TommyD&R

It was even obvious watching on the tv that he wasn't good enough to go back on. You could see he was in some real pain
BarkingRambo

If I remember rightly Fey could barely walk after the tackle that led to his bad leg injury and was told to see if he could run it off. Look at the amount of injuries where they are suppose to be off for just a few weeks and end up spending months out of the game if they are ever seen again. The amount of times a player has an incident in training and is suddenly back to square 1 where Gowens makes them do too much too soon and it makes the problem worse. If its anything worse than a rub with the magic sponge or a bandaged cut then Gowens is incapable of spotting it.

At times I feel the club would be better off with Harold Shipman in the fitness team and Sweeney Todd as a barber, I certainly rate the players chances of making it higher.
NBDag

BarkingRambo wrote:If I remember rightly Fey could barely walk after the tackle that led to his bad leg injury and was told to see if he could run it off. Look at the amount of injuries where they are suppose to be off for just a few weeks and end up spending months out of the game if they are ever seen again. The amount of times a player has an incident in training and is suddenly back to square 1 where Gowens makes them do too much too soon and it makes the problem worse. If its anything worse than a rub with the magic sponge or a bandaged cut then Gowens is incapable of spotting it.

At times I feel the club would be better off with Harold Shipman in the fitness team and Sweeney Todd as a barber, I certainly rate the players chances of making it higher.
Completely agree with this. Still can't get over earlier this season when Robinson was told to try hopping and it immediately put him back to square one because apparently he had a fracture or something. Stuff like this just seems easily avoidable. Don't like calling for the head of someone like a physio at this level, but something definitely need to be done.
stanton101

No, really! :lol:

Christ, it's taken this long for some to realise the man's an incompetent oaf.
And while I wish Hawkins a speedy recovery, I actually think this increases our chances of reaching the play offs.
Diggerthedog

stanton101 wrote:No, really! :lol:

And while I wish Hawkins a speedy recovery, I actually think this increases our chances of reaching the play offs.
Yeah most teams have a better chance of succeeding when their top goalscorer is out injured.
stanton101

Diggerthedog wrote:
stanton101 wrote:No, really! :lol:

Yeah most teams have a better chance of succeeding when their top goalscorer is out injured.
4 goals in 3 months, yeah he's a proper Shearer right enough. :lol:
Alan

What if Gowan told Hawkins to come off and radioed to the bench to take him off but Hawkins wanted to try to carry on?
Mike the Dagger

Alan wrote:What if Gowan told Hawkins to come off and radioed to the bench to take him off but Hawkins wanted to try to carry on?
It's the same as concussion when the player wants to carry on but the docs say no surely. If Gowan considered Ollie not fit to continue, he has a duty to stop him from going back on and possibly making the injury worse.
Alan

No. Because head injuries can impair the decision making of the player and the fear is a bleed into what is a closed box (the skull) causing compression of brain tissue and thereby stopping the flow of blood to part of the brain. A player trying to run off an injury which turns out to be a fracture does happen - Stuart Pearce is celebrated for doing so whilst at West Ham and I don't recall the physio ever getting criticised.
ARNU

I was at the West Ham game where Pearce broke his leg ( v Watford I think)right in front of me. I was also in earshot of the row he was having saying he wanted to play on. They bought on xavier Margas after much debate. The player wanted to continue. Sometimes players are their own worst enemies. Look at Arber playing crocked that aeason, something despite rowing with me about he now readily admits. I admire the passion but someone has to take responsibility. I'd guess Hawks was reluctant to come off at first so I think you's are being harsh on Gowans here.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

Gowen's record speaks for itself. I don't think anyone is being harsh.