Will we make the play offs?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
A S dagger97

We've done well to be top 5 pretty much all season even with our crap middle/final third of the season and at times even looked at winning the league. I know it's hindsight but we'd undoubtably be nailed on play offs had Robinson not missed most of the campaign not to mention the rest of the absentees we've had but if we miss out now I am still going to be disappointed

There's enough quality here to get us over the line but it's gonna be difficult I don't think it matters what teams we've got to play anymore we can win or lose to anyone, It's down to the players to turn up which hasnt happened really since Guiseley. We will probably have to win half of our remaining games to secure it.

After last nights performance I'm about 60-40 towards us making play offs :?
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
stanton101

Diggerthedog wrote:No

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes I think we'll just make it, to a simple no.
Still it's been a wonderful season!!!! Yeah right O.
Anyone watching that shat tonight truly knows old man hoofs days as an inspirational manager are over big time.
An utter shambles from top to bottom.
You and that other thing were quick to tell me how staunton gets caught out at defending, perhaps you'd care to enlighten me on shepherds performances then?
Still it's been a good season and the footballs improved right?

Ps Nice to see Gutts involved at the warm up. :lol:
Diggerthedog

stanton101 wrote:

Anyone watching that shat tonight truly knows old man hoofs days as an inspirational manager are over big time.
You and that other thing were quick to tell me how staunton gets caught out at defending, perhaps you'd care to enlighten me on shepherds performances then?

Oh look he is back.

This has been a good season when you look at where we were a year ago to where we are now. It's not over yet.

Last night was crap, onto the next one.
steeevooo

Let's be honest here - do we even deserve to be in the playoffs? It is a measure of how poor this league is that we are still even discussing the playoffs when you consider that we have spend 4 months of the season (i.e. nearly half of it) playing pretty terribly:

- November & December: Playing terribly with a record of 3 wins from 11 (including Cup)

- February & March: Playing terribly with a (somewhat undeserved given the performances) record of 4 wins from 9 so far. Bearing in mind that those 4 wins include a get-out-of-jail vs Chester, a win over a terrible bottom-of-the-league Southport where we only turned up for 15 mins and an undeserved late victory vs Bromley, then things could have been so much worse.

Yes, I know that the league table doesn't lie etc, but does a team that has spent half of the season playing pretty average/badly really warrant a play-off spot? As I said at the start - it really does show how poor this league has been.
Mark

If you need any idea how bad the league is look at how many goals Doidge has!
bloke down the pub

If its possible J.S. will do it.
stanton101

Diggerthedog wrote:
stanton101 wrote:

Oh look he is back.

This has been a good season when you look at where we were a year ago to where we are now. It's not over yet.

Last night was crap, onto the next one.
Good season my arse, as others have mentioned an average team playing in a Terrible league, and old man hoofy laughing all the way to a new 2 year deal. You can't defend the indefensible you deluded fool.
stanton101

bloke down the pub wrote:If its possible J.S. will do it.
Funny how it's gone from probable to possible, more like laughable after last nights shit.
leewilson

stanton101 wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
stanton101 wrote:No

Good season my arse, as others have mentioned an average team playing in a Terrible league, and old man hoofy laughing all the way to a new 2 year deal. You can't defend the indefensible you deluded fool.
Average team. Have you forgotten how dire our team was last season? It was full of players grabbing a wage and nothing else. The 'old fool' as you call him has rebuilt us into a team. We have a very inexperienced squad with very little league experience. Yet, Still has brought in hungry young players who will improve given time. The likes of Hawkins, Whiteley, JMD, Fejiri and Robson will all have off days. They're still learning. However, they are also a big part of why we're currently sitting in a play off spot. So stop being a 'fickle fool' and just spewing negative bile when we have a tough patch. There's not been a Dagenham team in the many years that I've supported the club who didn't have a tough patch and the best ones have come through it and shone afterwards. What looks bad now, may well be forgotten in 8 weeks time, because as I remind you, we are STILL 4th. So stop being an arse, and support us.
stanton101

Average team. Have you forgotten how dire our team was last season? It was full of players grabbing a wage and nothing else. The 'old fool' as you call him has rebuilt us into a team. We have a very inexperienced squad with very little league experience. Yet, Still has brought in hungry young players who will improve given time. The likes of Hawkins, Whiteley, JMD, Fejiri and Robson will all have off days. They're still learning. However, they are also a big part of why we're currently sitting in a play off spot. So stop being a 'fickle fool' and just spewing negative bile when we have a tough patch. There's not been a Dagenham team in the many years that I've supported the club who didn't have a tough patch and the best ones have come through it and shone afterwards. What looks bad now, may well be forgotten in 8 weeks time, because as I remind you, we are STILL 4th. So stop being an arse, and support us.[/quote]

Yes absolutely bang average, in a very poor league. What I witnessed last night and many previous days/nights was no different to the dross served up last season. And spare me the support comment, I average well over 30 matches a season home and away. It would be more but sometimes Jonny hoof has to come 2nd with work commitments. I only wish they'd turned up last night like I and others did, they didn't and neither did the manager. Utter crap.
ARNU

Far be it for me to say anything controversial but Wayne's team last year wouldn't have been demoralised or disjointed had they been in this league this year. I think they'd have been 15 points clear at the top as they were far better than anything in this league. Who would not have labadie and passley in this team or hemmings or obileye in defence ? Muldoon and Marty cash, Woral and hyam ? Look where they are now. Even Ashley chambers. Your comparing apples with oranges.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Don't feed the trolls folks.
Richie

ARNU wrote:Who would not have labadie and passley in this team or hemmings or obileye in defence ? Muldoon and Marty cash, Woral and hyam ? Look where they are now. Even Ashley chambers. Your comparing apples with oranges.
off the top of my head...

Passley - Conference South
chambers - Conference North
Obilaye - Eastleigh (below us)
Labadie - L2 relegation zone

Stop talking nonsense.
Mark

JS signed a bunch of those listed too.

Trying to work out which name amused me most. Passley I think.
stanton101

Diggerthedog wrote:Don't feed the trolls folks.
The truth hurts don't it.