New signing

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
A S dagger97

Well at least we have another type of striker now to give us more options which we've not had since we let Chris go. This also gives Hawkins a chance of a rest he's needed for a while now IMO so this could turn out to be a big signing come april.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
RampantDuke

A S dagger97 wrote:Well at least we have another type of striker now to give us more options which we've not had since we let Chris go. This also gives Hawkins a chance of a rest he's needed for a while now IMO so this could turn out to be a big signing come april.
Yep - I thought the Hawk looked lost and tired on Saturday. Clearly not enjoying his football at the moment and a rest is a very good idea at this juncture. Hopefully he will find his mojo again in time for the business end of the season.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
ARNU

No competition breeds complacency. Unless Johny hoof brings in another lanky forward or this new fella is mustard Hawks will pick himself every week whether he's on fire or not.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
lupins

I saw no complacency and don't you think the Johnny Hoof is the thing in need of rest no one has picked it up even though you keep flogging it
ARNU

Some people should just lighten up a little bit.
Johny hoof is my pet name for Mr Still, it's a term of endearment rather than an insult unless he goes on run of losses it'll stay just that. Were you one of the humourless people who objected to me calling Tamplin tampax ? Also nobody said Hawkins is getting complacent. But if you want complacency then not having a reasonable replacement for him will possibly encourage it. Competition for places is a good thing isn't it ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

The last couple of years were the first when we had competition for the goalkeepers and that didn't seem to do much good - they both tended to look nervous knowing that a mistake would mean they got dropped.
Neither ended up being consistent over the two years.
DaggerJoel11

Done deal for Bloomfield according to this. http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/new ... s_id=20261
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
RayleighDagger1986

Never heard of a dual registration. How does that work?
I thought only one club could hold a players registration at any one time! Wasn't Tevez co owned or something when at West Ham
Mark

It's quite common in non league and avoids the complexities of loans. He can play for either club without a problem.

I assume this move is just in case, in reality I reckon he'll just train with us and join in the summer.
Lcbdagger

Wasn't sure why we let Bloomfield go as we brought him on for a few minutes in one game then never heard from him again... if he's on the rise then welcome back
Sagres

Mason Bloomfield was a 90th min substitution who played all of 2/3 mins without touching the ball as I recall
Mark

I thought he touched it once from a throw. Anyone who can prove either way?
The Romford Dagger

Sagres wrote:Mason Bloomfield was a 90th min substitution who played all of 2/3 mins without touching the ball as I recall
I remember that

Nobody quite knew the point at the time as there was literally a couple of minutes injury time. If I remember rightly, Wayne said how he'd learn from that and it's good for him to get that experience