Line Up v Gateshead

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
A S dagger97

Somehow I dont feel this selection has the balance we need. Looks like we've focused on the centre of the pitch with fejiri as the only real winger starting and surprised to see Staunton on he bench again but may still be enough to win.
COYD!!!!
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
IanC

Well done the 175 daggers fans,fantastic turnout for such a journey,shame the team could not reward you.
stanton101

It seems to me that Staunton's probably said something that the fuhrer didn't agree with and as a consequence is resigned to keeping the bench warm. Funny how the Luton cripples can just waltz back in to the team at will though.
Well done to all that travelled, pity our team is imploding at a fair rate of knots and Pep still, is unable to stop it.
Save journey home lads.
NickMurphy

Yeah, really strange that someone like Guttridge, one of our most important players, can waltz back into the side when fit. Real head-scratcher.
NBDag

Really annoying that we aren't picking up points when Lincoln are dropping them. I know today wasn't the easiest of fixtures, but after the past few games this is all getting very tiresome. God knows what's wrong with us
mickeyblue

im still saying the midfield isnt right, its crying out for a luke howell type player in there. not got many options atm

id like to know where any would put stuanton.

i blame myself i got 20-1 for daggers to win the league when i noticed all of lincoln's games adding up and we not won since
but we finished 9th!
Adrian

NickMurphy wrote:Yeah, really strange that someone like Guttridge, one of our most important players, can waltz back into the side when fit. Real head-scratcher.
Weird isn't it?
And our back-up defender doesn't just get back in when the two first choice centre backs are fit.
stanton101

NickMurphy wrote:Yeah, really strange that someone like Guttridge, one of our most important players, can waltz back into the side when fit. Real head-scratcher.
He can't be an influence, from the treatment table.
Adrian

stanton101 wrote:It seems to me that Staunton's probably said something that the fuhrer didn't agree with and as a consequence is resigned to keeping the bench warm. Funny how the Luton cripples can just waltz back in to the team at will though.
Well done to all that travelled, pity our team is imploding at a fair rate of knots and Pep still, is unable to stop it.
Save journey home lads.
Maybe he complained about us making the wrong subs at 2-0 down, even though all the subs were made at 1-0 down.
This team that's imploding, is the one that run five games in a row not so long a go isn't it? You were strangely quiet during that run.
stanton101

Adrian wrote:
Weird isn't it?
And our back-up defender doesn't just get back in when the two first choice centre backs are fit.
****** me here it comes, the font of all things football!
No, but he can play anywhere at the back though. But why do that when Frankie Raymond can fill in at right back.
stanton101

So just for talks sake, ( and far be it that anyone dare question the messiahs tactics) could he not have played Doey at right back, put Staunton alongside Robson at centre back where they have played together before and moved Donnellan (primarily a midfielder, incidentally) up to partner Boucard in midfield?
Mind you that would mean no place for the midfield general that is guttridge ( the 15 game a season midfield genius) or the hugely ineffective Love child Frankie Raymond I suppose.
We could always play Williams at full back, oops!!!
Alan

Leo Donellan is a midfielder, but WBA say Shaun Donnellan is a defender.

I don't think Staunton is as good as Doe or Robson at centre half. I don't rate him at full back.
Diggerthedog

Abysmal performance today highlight was Robson who was playing defensive midfielder hitting the post. Other than that we barely threatened.

Well done to the 175 my man of the match.
Adrian

stanton101 wrote:So just for talks sake, ( and far be it that anyone dare question the messiahs tactics) could he not have played Doey at right back, put Staunton alongside Robson at centre back where they have played together before and moved Donnellan (primarily a midfielder, incidentally) up to partner Boucard in midfield?
Mind you that would mean no place for the midfield general that is guttridge ( the 15 game a season midfield genius) or the hugely ineffective Love child Frankie Raymond I suppose.
We could always play Williams at full back, oops!!!
How come you weren't so critical of Still when we were winning 5 in row?
Let's be honest you're utterly clueless. You dug out Guttridge earlier in the season for getting sent off when he wasn't. You complained about substitutions at 2-0 down when they'd all been made at 1-0.
Scott Doe has generally struggled at right back. Staunton played there earlier in the season a couple of times and also struggled. He's nothing like as good as you seem to want to make out.