Last night's meeting

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:
Chigwellian wrote:Now we are in the process of NOT being a members club anymore, becoming a member becomes irrelevant.
The members will still own 26.5% of the shares.

The Tamplin deal can still fall through in the next two months. Given that he has admitted he gets bored, and has already pulled out of at least one football club purchase, I wouldn't be surprised if he will pull out of another, particularly if he has to pay cash, rather than a 'guarantee'. Also all directors have to go through the FA fitness ownership tests. These still apply in the National League and are conducted by the FA, not the league.

As I understand it, had two people voted the other way, the club would not have been able to sell. So diggerdagger, your vote mattered a lot.

There will still be protests against Tamplin until the deal is completed.
DTD said only 20-30 peeps protested Monday merge. Dissapointed with the turnout?
lupins

Are you protesting about the individual?
Or are you wanting to remain a members club and if so why
Auntie Merge

The Romford Dagger wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:
Chigwellian wrote:Now we are in the process of NOT being a members club anymore, becoming a member becomes irrelevant.

The Tamplin deal can still fall through in the next two months. Given that he has admitted he gets bored, and has already pulled out of at least one football club purchase, I wouldn't be surprised if he will pull out of another, particularly if he has to pay cash, rather than a 'guarantee'. Also all directors have to go through the FA fitness ownership tests. These still apply in the National League and are conducted by the FA, not the league.

As I understand it, had two people voted the other way, the club would not have been able to sell. So diggerdagger, your vote mattered a lot.

DTD said only 20-30 peeps protested Monday merge. Dissapointed with the turnout?
No. The weather was terrible, that would have put many off. Plus a number of people were ill or caught up in traffic because of the weather.
I didn't have a head count, but there were quite a few there.
ARNU

I know you have the club at heart Merge, I don't doubt your passion for this subject but unfortunately you come across as very angry at Steve Thomson ( possibly with some understandable grievances) and anything he's at all involved in. You have a history of protest and the problem of seeming like a moaner can follow if thou do protest too much.I admire that at least you do something and back up your stance with actions (unlike others who ARE all mouth). But I feel that now you should leave it. Your protest is gathering no support and even vocal allies couldn't be bothered to turn out for you the other night. The weather would not matter if people gave the merest atom of a shit. If it all goes tits up you'll be able to claim the spoils.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:

No. The weather was terrible, that would have put many off. Plus a number of people were ill or caught up in traffic because of the weather.
I didn't have a head count, but there were quite a few there.[/quote]

How many do you think the weather affected?

I doubt it was too many. I admire you for standing up for what you believe in but I agree with Arnu
Diggerthedog

Why cant people just respect Merge, let her protest if she wants she is not doing anyone any harm. Its her right to do so.

What gives anyone the right to tell her to give it a rest or have a day off, just leave her be or you are the ones beginning to sound like moaners.
Auntie Merge

I will not shut up until these questions and more have been answered.
This is not a vendetta against Steve Thompson.

Personal attacks on me only allow others to take their eyes of the real matters.

According to the notes from the meeting, he is offering a 'guarantee'. When questioned about money he seems to get a little uptight. Read those comments from the meeting.
Are those 'guarantees' loans? What is being used as security? How much money has he already paid the club and how much money has been promised and not yet paid? He apparently has given us money to buy players, has this money been paid over? These are all serious questions that need to be answered.

And in what world do members vote on a serious financial situation without having full accounts drawn up especially for the meeting? None that I have ever heard of. Not even the accounts to the end of June 2016 were presented, and they are meant to be ready for an AGM next month.
The Romford Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:Why cant people just respect Merge, let her protest if she wants she is not doing anyone any harm. Its her right to do so.

What gives anyone the right to tell her to give it a rest or have a day off, just leave her be or you are the ones beginning to sound like moaners.

People have a right to an opinion.

It's of my opinion that she's made her point. I don't think the protest was necessary on Monday personally.
The Romford Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:I will not shut up until these questions and more have been answered.
This is not a vendetta against Steve Thompson.

Personal attacks on me only allow others to take their eyes of the real matters.

According to the notes from the meeting, he is offering a 'guarantee'. When questioned about money he seems to get a little uptight. Read those comments from the meeting.
Are those 'guarantees' loans? What is being used as security? How much money has he already paid the club and how much money has been promised and not yet paid? He apparently has given us money to buy players, has this money been paid over? These are all serious questions that need to be answered.

And in what world do members vote on a serious financial situation without having full accounts drawn up especially for the meeting? None that I have ever heard of. Not even the accounts to the end of June 2016 were presented, and they are meant to be ready for an AGM next month.
I agree with you on the last bit. 100% poor for the members to not be shown the financial aspects in full.
Diggerthedog

Diggerthedog wrote:Why cant people just respect Merge, let her protest if she wants she is not doing anyone any harm. Its her right to do so.

People have a right to an opinion.

It's of my opinion that she's made her point. I don't think the protest was necessary on Monday personally.
Tell people to give it a rest or have a day off is not an opinion.
ARNU

It is absolutely Auntie Merges right to protest and if you read my last post I think it was respectful and praising of her passion.

She of course dosent have to give it a rest but with an overwhelming vote in favour of the new bloke and at best apathy from everyone else I think she has very little chance of any meaningfull result that would please her. Also what part of "37 votes for ,11 abstaining and all the rest not being bothered to vote either way" does she not get ?

Surely if the choice was Yes or Abstain thered be 48 abstain votes today with the rest not bothering if the memebers were that bothered.

Lastly if the vote had gone that way would she still be protesting ?

NB: Id have not been bothered either way as long as we still got a team to watch,take the mans money seems a good idea to me.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:It is absolutely Auntie Merges right to protest and if you read my last post I think it was respectful and praising of her passion.

She of course dosent have to give it a rest but with an overwhelming vote in favour of the new bloke and at best apathy from everyone else I think she has very little chance of any meaningfull result that would please her. Also what part of "37 votes for ,11 abstaining and all the rest not being bothered to vote either way" does she not get ?

Surely if the choice was Yes or Abstain thered be 48 abstain votes today with the rest not bothering if the memebers were that bothered.

NB: Id have not been bothered either way as long as we still got a team to watch,take the mans money seems a good idea to me.
Cant disagree with any of that apart from the last bit. When it comes to the money he seems a little shy for someone so wealthy and having your accountant be your shadow is somewhat strange.

Like Merge said serious questions still need to be answered.
NBDag

Auntie Merge wrote: According to the notes from the meeting, he is offering a 'guarantee'. When questioned about money he seems to get a little uptight. Read those comments from the meeting.
I don't have a clue what his guarantee means, but I'd assume that maybe it's contractual. But lets just go with your fantasy that his guarantee is if he can't pay he'll take out a loan. The club doesn't own the ground and the only real assets I can think of the club having are the players, which can't be used as a security. So if it is through a loan I'd guess that any security required would either be his own personal assets, or maybe those of AGP. Not too dissimilar to when Thommo had his own house up as a security against the club's liabilities.

Also the money he gave us before his takeover must have been paid. As a chunk of it was already used on Benno, Corey, Ling etc. and seeing as apparently the bank aren't giving us an overdraft anymore (something that was constantly said at the start of this) we simply wouldn't be able to do this without his capital. Unless we had a secret stash of cash somewhere.

Not claiming this is gospel by any means- but if I was to take an educated guess it would be this.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:
ARNU wrote:It is absolutely Auntie Merges right to protest and if you read my last post I think it was respectful and praising of her passion.

Cant disagree with any of that apart from the last bit. When it comes to the money he seems a little shy for someone so wealthy and having your accountant be your shadow is somewhat strange.

I'm not so bothered about that.In business it makes sense to have a financial advisor or accountant,possibly even a solicitor act for you.In fact id be more weary if such a well off individual didn't have representation.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:

I'm not so bothered about that.In business it makes sense to have a financial advisor or accountant,possibly even a solicitor act for you.In fact id be more weary if such a well off individual didn't have representation.
Obviously they act for him i understand that but not being able to answer the most normal of questions is some what bemusing.