Last night's meeting

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
len

At the end of the day people have decided to save their money and rely on others to become members as that suited them until now as it seems an important vote has come up. To say that were not aware or the club should have promoted this more is utter nonsence.
dagger4eva

diggerdagger1 wrote:Since this investment was muted Thompson has been telling everybody who would listen that he has been trying to drum members for years!!!!!! What a load of crap Thompson. It was nice to attend a meeting where it was not the Steve thompson show for once. My bet is on Thompson to be the first out of the door under tamplin's 3 strikes rule.
I also heard Tamplin referred last night to having a '3 strikes and out' rule - which seems a little odd given the 3 companies he managed to bust himself to the tune of over £2.25mil
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:I find it utter bollocks that people here are saying things along the lines of that they didn't know how to become a member, and that's why they did not become members.
So many constantly say that they were proud of our set up as a members club and then we go on to say how we all like the fact that at our club we see the board about and know them and can speak to them. So if someone wanted to become a member, it wouldn't be hard to drop Thommo an email of stop DTP in the bar after the game and speak to them to find out how to become one. If someone wasn't willing or smart enough to go out of their way to find out how to become something like a member, then they didn't really care that much about becoming one.
interestingly enough, when I enquired about becoming a Member, I got a form back that had no details what the cost was, or what the rules regarding becoming a Member were, and had nothing regarding what the benefits and responsibilities were. Do you know of the top of your head what the details are?

As I say, the last time anyone prompted me to become one was October 2004 (it was Dave Andrews) and at the time I didn't qualify (didn't have a season ticket).

No one is saying is that hard to get the detail, but on the other hand it hasn't exactly been encouraged or advertised.
Mike the Dagger

len wrote:At the end of the day people have decided to save their money and rely on others to become members as that suited them until now as it seems an important vote has come up. To say that were not aware or the club should have promoted this more is utter nonsence.
If you were for staying as we were, how would you have registered that in the vote?

Did you see the actual financial position presented?

Do you know how much actual money (cash not guarantees) Glenn Tamplin is investing?
NBDag

That form doesn't seem very good Mike, but you could have spoken to DTP or Thommo to find out more. I don't know all the details off the top of my head, but that's because I have no interest in becoming a member at my age. I simply could not commit to it and I have other things to focus on. But I think you have to have been a season ticket for the past 3 seasons and it's then £80 a year? Just what I think I've seen. I wouldn't qualify anyway in that instance.

And Stevo I wasn't picking on you. But what i'd say to you and Mike is- Do you really need to advertise something that everyone knows is there? Especially as everyone said they were proud of being a members club. So how could they claim to be proud of something if they didn't actually know anything about it? And if you didn't know much about it, it really isn't that hard to talk to one of the board members in person to get more details. Or you could even use this forum to find out about it. I'm sure Auntie Merge's undercover contact would have heard every single detail about it from somewhere and would be willing to share.
len

Mike the Dagger wrote:
len wrote:At the end of the day people have decided to save their money and rely on others to become members as that suited them until now as it seems an important vote has come up. To say that were not aware or the club should have promoted this more is utter nonsence.
If you were for staying as we were, how would you have registered that in the vote?

Did you see the actual financial position presented?

Do you know how much actual money (cash not guarantees) Glenn Tamplin is investing?
len

Mike, with all due respect as you are not a member and not present last night you do not need to know as you are not able to vote.I repeat that more than 75% voted in favour so that is what counts at this stage.
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:That form doesn't seem very good Mike, but you could have spoken to DTP or Thommo to find out more. I don't know all the details off the top of my head, but that's because I have no interest in becoming a member at my age. I simply could not commit to it and I have other things to focus on. But I think you have to have been a season ticket for the past 3 seasons and it's then £80 a year? Just what I think I've seen. I wouldn't qualify anyway in that instance.
I got the form from the club secretary after talking to Dave Bennett, which is when the subject came up and he encouraged me to become a member (although I would not have ahad a vote yesterday for obvious reasons).

When the form came through on email with no covering information whatsoever, I then had to go back to Dave to ask the obvious questions. Actually, the price and qualifications you give here are incorrect.

Case proven M'lud!
Diggerthedog

len wrote:Mike, with all due respect as you are not a member and not present last night you do not need to know as you are not able to vote.I repeat that more than 75% voted in favour so that is what counts at this stage.
One of the North Korean Lot or the tosser with the white jag.
Last edited by Diggerthedog on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike the Dagger

len wrote:Mike, with all due respect as you are not a member and not present last night you do not need to know as you are not able to vote.I repeat that more than 75% voted in favour so that is what counts at this stage.
i'm not asking what the answers are, I'm asking if you got them last night.
NBDag

Mike the Dagger wrote:
NBDag wrote:That form doesn't seem very good Mike, but you could have spoken to DTP or Thommo to find out more. I don't know all the details off the top of my head, but that's because I have no interest in becoming a member at my age. I simply could not commit to it and I have other things to focus on. But I think you have to have been a season ticket for the past 3 seasons and it's then £80 a year? Just what I think I've seen. I wouldn't qualify anyway in that instance.
I got the form from the club secretary after talking to Dave Bennett, which is when the subject came up and he encouraged me to become a member (although I would not have ahad a vote yesterday for obvious reasons).

When the form came through on email with no covering information whatsoever, I then had to go back to Dave to ask the obvious questions. Actually, the price and qualifications you give here are incorrect.

Case proven M'lud!
As I said- I have no interest in becoming a member and the criteria I quoted was just something I think I saw once. I wasn't claiming claiming to know an answer that I've never been looking for.

So are you saying that you did manage to get the information about becoming a member, without it being advertised or whatever, because you actually went out to ask the right people and talk to them? Because yeah if so- point is proven.
len

Hardly, I have been a supporter of the Daggers for more than 50 years of which most of those have been at non league level. At the start of this process I was very suspicious of the whole affair but have been to a few of the meetings and finding out a lot more information. I then made an informed decision based on this which seems to be far more than a number of people on here have done without being members.
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote: As I said- I have no interest in becoming a member and the criteria I quoted was just something I think I saw once. I wasn't claiming claiming to know an answer that I've never been looking for.

So are you saying that you did manage to get the information about becoming a member, without it being advertised or whatever, because you actually went out to ask the right people and talk to them? Because yeah if so- point is proven.
DiggerDagger.com 26/8/2016:

On Club Membership Dave agreed with us that it made sense, once the current process was complete, to try and expand the number of Full Members. "I have suggested in the past that this would be a good thing, to get some new blood involved in the club, and potentially raise some income. I am one of the younger ones on the Board which is a bit scary to be honest. Accepting new members right now before the vote isn't an option though."

DiggerDagger.com 29/10/2004:

Floor: Can you explain what a “full member is”?
Dave Andrews: To become a member you apply and pay £50 on top of a season ticket*. This gives you a vote at the club AGM. You can apply by writing to the Club Secretary and applications are then approved by the committee. It was unclear whether applications are accepted by default.

(* - its gone up since then)
diggerdagger1

Len......informed decision? Don't make me laugh! Tamplin or administration what a choice! Were you a member in 1992 because if you were it was deja vu for you. Were you not concerned with the answer given re the £200000 question and the lack of current financial position not made available to us members last night? Or are you one of thompson's mates?
len

I was a member in 92 and again was against any merger but as the alternative at the time was grim went along with it, however in hindsight we have not done too badly getting in the football league and then league 1 have we? Also I am not a mate of Steve Thompson.