Overheard on Saturday

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

The following was overheard on Saturday.

Glen Tamplin was at the game and telling people he had bought the club out.
Apparently he wanted to take his people round through old tunnel and sit them up in the seats, and the steward was heard telling him if they had tickets he could take them through.
Glen Tamplin was then overheard saying "I'll get get Steve or Dave Bennett down"
The steward replied "I am only doing my job"
Tamplin then replied "I'll own the club in a couple of weeks then I can do what I want."
CrownDagger

He sat in the Carling Stand in the first half before moving into a sponsors box for the second
Richie

Auntie Merge wrote:The following was overheard on Saturday.

Apparently he wanted to take his people round through old tunnel and sit them up in the seats, and the steward was heard telling him if they had tickets he could take them through.
Glen Tamplin was then overheard saying "I'll get get Steve or Dave Bennett down"
Tamplin then replied "I'll own the club in a couple of weeks then I can do what I want."
Change the record.
NBDag

Overheard by who? Hard to believe this without any proof. Everyone knows Tamplin can't get a controlling interest without members' approval. Why would he ever say what is being alleged in this? Especially after that email sent out. This story just doesn't make any sense...
TomMc

Wasn't the same person that told you this (http://www.theconferenceforum.co.uk/article/1007814) was it?
Diggerthedog

We know he is flash this does not surprise me.
Auntie Merge

NBDag wrote:Overheard by who? Hard to believe this without any proof. Everyone knows Tamplin can't get a controlling interest without members' approval. Why would he ever say what is being alleged in this? Especially after that email sent out. This story just doesn't make any sense...
The person wishes to remain anonymous but the comments are genuine.
NBDag

Auntie Merge wrote:
NBDag wrote:Overheard by who? Hard to believe this without any proof. Everyone knows Tamplin can't get a controlling interest without members' approval. Why would he ever say what is being alleged in this? Especially after that email sent out. This story just doesn't make any sense...
Ok then- so how do you expect anyone to take this seriously if there is no proof and the person who supposedly heard this won't even put their name to the story? Things like this just seem like desperate and childish attempts to make people kick off about Tamplin. If you want to stop him, give us something real and worthwhile to use against him.
lupins

Now I know what a barrel scraping sound is like
Auntie Merge

Don't shoot the messenger.
Lcbdagger

NBDag wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:
Ok then- so how do you expect anyone to take this seriously if there is no proof and the person who supposedly heard this won't even put their name to the story? Things like this just seem like desperate and childish attempts to make people kick off about Tamplin. If you want to stop him, give us something real and worthwhile to use against him.
As someone largely ambivalent about the whole takeover process, it's hard to disagree with the above. Anonymous negative comments won't get any traction if people are serious about putting a stop to the takeover process.
Diggerthedog

He said the same when he was about to takeover at Bishops Stortford so more likely true then not.

Forget the comments on here some people are taking action. The 50 or so that turned up for the protest were taking action. We now need to wait and see what the propsosal is for moving forward. If it can end up in a likely Tamplin majority sharehold then expect further action.
bearaab

I heard that a kid kicked a ball in his garden and he popped it with a knife.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

This just isn't true is it
bearaab

I heard he kicked his neighbours dog