Membership of Club

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Reply from Tommo in response to my request for details of how to join. I thought you had to be a season ticket holder for 2 years to apply, in which case their decision appears to be illogical - let as many supporters as possible join the debate and vote?

"Thank you for your e-mail requesting an application form for Full Membership of Dagenham & Redbridge FC Ltd.
I have copied our Secretary, Mark Southgate, in on this reply who will forward you an application form on return from his annual leave next week.

However I must advise that in accordance with the Club 's Articles of Association all applications for membership must first be accepted by the Board of Directors and that at a recent meeting of the Board it was agreed that no new applications will be considered whilst the future constitution of the Club is being discussed. Any applications received at this time will be deferred until our August Board meeting for consideration."
Auntie Merge

I came to post the very same thing.
Auntie Merge

One thing about 'full membership' of the club. Can anyone remember when full membership of the club has been sold or advertised to season ticket holders, or at least those who are eligible to purchase? I can't.
It feels very much a part of the 'North Korea' element that has crept into the club.
If it is £80 a year or something like that then the club has been potentially losing itself another source of income. It might not seem much but when you are running a tight ship every small pocket of additional income counts.
durnzo

I reckon a lot of people would happily pay it, one advantage a club like the daggers has over your prem clubs is that the fans can get closer and feel like they're part of the club rather than just customers. As you say they've missed a trick there in my opinion, every penny counts by the looks of it!!!
Mark

Disappointing news.
lupins

It's hardly been a secret
If you want you can join the 250 club, buy more golden goal tickets, a programme, use the club bar, donate money each month and leave something in your will
A quick win would be to buy up the left over stocks of Easter eggs I might even go halves with you
Richie

Makes no sense to let new people join as members at this point in time.

Highly likely that someone applying to join now would be bias in someway on the ownership situation.
Mike the Dagger

Surely those with an opinion are the ones you want to consult? Given the season ticket qualification they will be genuine fans after all.

Unless the board want to push something through that would be unpopular of course...
Alan

Clarified with Tommo. Any season ticket holder can apply to be a member. They do not want any camp to pack the voting.

I suggested that anyone who had a season ticket last year should be allowed to join, but don't let any new season ticket applicants join as they are not yet season ticket holders. This would allow fans who can show a connection to the club to vote. The board feels this would leave them open to challenge.