Consortium

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

I understand it is highly important that us the fans and particularly the full/ life members embrace and back this new consortium.

There is lots going on behind the scenes but when it comes to the vote there will be two clear choices.

1. A team of people with ideas, money and genuine concern for the club. That will fully re-connect the club with its supporters and do everything in its power to safeguard its future.

2. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kcJKTKQ5kHM

A HUGE few weeks in store - make no mistake!
Mike the Dagger

Great that there will be at least a choice.

What needs to happen is for a few facts to be put out there about why this is happening at all and what the choices are going forward.

If the ownership of the club has to change for whatever reason, I certainly much prefer the idea of a group that have the club at heart take over than someone from outside with no skin in the game.

Time to hear from the football club.
mickeyblue

echo mike here. we need some imput from the club. not looked at youtube link yet but how does the average fan have a say who takes over?. i mean no offense but we dont have the most er educated fans myself included.

anyway get your butt down to vote in or out in referendum.
but we finished 9th!
NBDag

Apparently there is an AGM tonight so that's a good place to start making a fuss. But if someone could find out when this full/life members meeting is, people should definitely turn up to that to show what we want.
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:Apparently there is an AGM tonight so that's a good place to start making a fuss. But if someone could find out when this full/life members meeting is, people should definitely turn up to that to show what we want.
it is the Supporters Club AGM tonight, nothing to do with the club itself.
dagger4eva

The "average fan" doesn't get a say as such as like it or not this is a decision that will be made by life/full members only.

However, that's not to say that supporters cant strongly voice their backing for the consortium that has only the best interests of the club at heart.

Tonight is the supporters club AGM and definitely worth attending. About time the S.C. became a strong unit once more with a loud voice to represent the supporters. That process needs to get underway asap
ARNU

Whats all the fuss about ?

We need money or Im sure we'll go to the wall in the next few years anyway.
Someone/Some group want to put money in.

Sounds like a plan at least.

I blame the EU LOL!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:Whats all the fuss about ?

We need money or Im sure we'll go to the wall in the next few years anyway.
Someone/Some group want to put money in.

Sounds like a plan at least.

I blame the EU LOL!
I know you are fishing, but you can't half be a dick head sometimes.
Auntie Merge

What does someone who has already bought a season ticket have to do to be a full member of the club and get a vote?
Will the vote exclude people who have just joined as full members now? Will it be only people who were full members last season.
hockley dagger

Someone told me that you can become a member if you've held a season ticket for two consecutive years. I've looked for more information on line but haven't found any. I was considering becoming a member before all this cropped up so would be interested to see something definitive on here
dagger4eva

You need to be a season ticket holder for 2 seasons and pay a fee of £80 per year (I believe)
Phippo

There will be an "informal" meeting for members to meet the prospective investor and his vision for the future be laid out! This meeting is dependant on what evening England may be playing in the Euros (6th or 7th July).
Mike the Dagger

Phippo wrote:There will be an "informal" meeting for members to meet the prospective investor and his vision for the future be laid out! This meeting is dependant on what evening England may be playing in the Euros (6th or 7th July).
Will all offers be being considered or only the "Steel Magnate"?
Phippo

Mike, the meeting is for the "members" to meet the possible investor. It may well be that the Consortium materialised after the informal meeting was arranged.
Mike the Dagger

Phippo wrote:Mike, the meeting is for the "members" to meet the possible investor. It may well be that the Consortium materialised after the informal meeting was arranged.
Indeed. It could also be that the existence of an "investor" was being kept quiet for that very reason. If the club is open for offers then offers it should seek.

I trust that the Members will do what is right here and not what certain members of the board are pushing for.