Saturday v Scunthorpe

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggers No 2 Fan

If the foul your describing wih Hines going down is the one I think it was - near the halfway line in the first, then he was definitely fouled. He beat one player, but another player just grabbed his arm and pulled him down.
Dagdale

Doubt if were ever see a game like that again, slaughtered for almost an hour, mega substitutions by Wayne that changed the game, Rhys going ballistic walking to the tunnel (Be interesting the next few days) Two brilliant goals taken by Abu and Dickson, lightening, rain, gales,puddles temporary abandonment, well done my son to Luke for sending us home happy, and all the hundreds of Scunny fans applauding our boys off the field and oh from one bog to the other, our clubhouse toilets are now the works!
matt_drfc

I've noticed Murphy do it a few times this season so no big deal, probably more disappointed with his own performance than actually being substituted.
ARNU

D'Ath and Abs were immense.Saah had a bit of a wobbly game but his good outweighed his bad.Cant see how Connors is keeping out Femi.Medi was a bit lacklustre.Lewy had a good one apart from the 2nd goal.Murphy....sorry but offside too much glad he went off cos he wasn't having a good game at all.Zav's out of salts not really on any sort of form recently.Liked Norris and Shields should start a game or two now,looked dangerous.Well done Chris Dixon,he was definitely in the last chance saloon but pulled out a decent goal to maybe give himself another lease of life,I booed him on and cheered him off,like many many others.Cracking game well pleased with the point.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
NickMurphy

What an extraordinary day, as others mentioned we really weren't at the races for the entire first half, and we didn't really pick up until 30 minutes to go. In the end I think we deserved the draw, although Abu needs a talking to after the suicide backpass in injury time! :lol:
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:D'Ath and Abs were immense.Saah had a bit of a wobbly game but his good outweighed his bad.Cant see how Connors is keeping out Femi.Medi was a bit lacklustre.Lewy had a good one apart from the 2nd goal.Murphy....sorry but offside too much glad he went off cos he wasn't having a good game at all.Zav's out of salts not really on any sort of form recently.Liked Norris and Shields should start a game or two now,looked dangerous.Well done Chris Dixon,he was definitely in the last chance saloon but pulled out a decent goal to maybe give himself another lease of life,I booed him on and cheered him off,like many many others.Cracking game well pleased with the point.
Connors for teams that like to pass it, Femi for the physical games. That's how I see to be honest, it's fair enough because they are completely different players and have their own strengths, Burnett is doing a good job of rotating the two.

AND IT'S DICKSON :lol:
Mikins

NickMurphy wrote:What an extraordinary day, as others mentioned we really weren't at the races for the entire first half, and we didn't really pick up until 30 minutes to go. In the end I think we deserved the draw, although Abu needs a talking to after the suicide backpass in injury time! :lol:
I think that wasn't intentional. probably instinct to clear it back, I doubt anyone would have consciously have made that pass in those conditions, any other time it would have been fine, but if you saw attempted passes just past the half way line you'd realise there was more water than grass out there.
Sorry about your damn luck!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dagdale wrote:Doubt if were ever see a game like that again, slaughtered for almost an hour, mega substitutions by Wayne that changed the game, Rhys going ballistic walking to the tunnel (Be interesting the next few days) Two brilliant goals taken by Abu and Dickson, lightening, rain, gales,puddles temporary abandonment, well done my son to Luke for sending us home happy, and all the hundreds of Scunny fans applauding our boys off the field and oh from one bog to the other, our clubhouse toilets are now the works!
All the brushes have gone missing though Dagdale, last seen being used by the Scunthorpe Manager to shag his team with the rough end of them.

From the minute they took the lead to Abu stunning strike we were simply woeful and we never in it. How Scunthorpe managed to capitulate and lose a three goal lead to a team playing as poorly as we were beggar's belief.

Three nil down and going nowhere . No heart no desire, not a single player even being spoken to by the Ref let alone cautioned said all you needed to know. For some time we have accepted Medi could not tackle a Fish Supper but show some bollocks man will you.

We can congratulate ourselves on a remarkable last 20 minutes as much as we like but what went on for most of the previous 70 should not be forgotten either.

Say what you like about Dickson at least he showed a pair.

Today sums up this League there is not one standout team. Scunthorpe looked very good and well organised until they imploded and somehow gifted us a share of the points.
Dagdale

A couple of pointers that was very visible again yesterday can we now see a bit more of Sean Shields, he absolutely drove them spare yesterday especially with his runs down the right wing and has this guy been a 'missing jewel' whilst we've had injuries or riding along with a bad spell he maybe have been an answer to some of our problems. Also our defending was very dismal for a very large part of the game, Doey has been a rock this season, found it to backfire a bit yesterday with a different format, Brian definitely had an off day and Wilko was the more stronger. Lewy's two saves, the second in absolutely atrocious conditions saved our day, you can tan a player about passing like that where puddles are evident but its hard for a player to determine that in a split second. Shall we give Sarfend a three goal start!
HogansHeros

I noticed the scunny fans applauding the daggers too - fair play to them!
ronaldaggero

EPIC!!

3 nil , we were down and out , Scinthorpe must have upset the Gods , Abu's goal , blinder ! Kick started the come back of the season , mega subs , heavens opened up , Thors Hammer crashing down on Scunthorpe as we saw the Daggers spirit showing what is possible .
Just watched again the 3 goals we conceded , poor poor poor , putting hand up for offside when we should be closing down the player .
What drama what guts what a memory .

Thanks to to all the players that gave it their all and especially thanks to captain fantastic for leading by example , game after game after game
ronaldaggero

Just to add , well done Dickson , but he was free so no real pressure , he still needs to do more to win me over. Sorry but for me Femi should be starting .
USADAGGER nick

Am I the only one to see the highlights and see that puddle and think, I thought our drainage was better than that
Daggers No 2 Fan

Our drainage is very good but any drainage needs some time to work. The weather yesterday was ridiculous - there was a lot of rain in a fairly short period.
Chigwellian

Dion Burton was off the pitch after he scored the second goal....... Why did it take all of 5minutes for him to walk off ACROSS the pitch to get substituted especially as he was injured?

Was it a case of time wasting?