Doidge Gone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Signed by FGR on a two year deal it seems
http://www.theconferenceforum.co.uk/thread/50266
Mikins

Well. That's shite, one of the few brighter points of last season.
Sorry about your damn luck!
bearaab

Hopefully Still has a replacement in mind already. A bit gutted he's gone really.
Diggerthedog

Semi gutted, but with the money they throw about no surprise and its closer to home for him. Sooner these clubs go bankrupt the better.
BarkingRambo

That's bloody annoying to hear but cant really blame him for wanting to be nearer home with (highly likely) more money.

http://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/news ... m-dagenham
lupins

Could never fault his effort, good in the air, committed, never gave up and got no service last year to prove himself

No real pace, couldn't trap a bag of cement, not a goalscorer
Mike the Dagger

Lets hope he's not a meat eater.
BarkingRambo

Christian Assombalonga has signed for us. Hopefully he can be a good replacement.
steeevooo

Slightly disappointing as he was one of the few players who you could never fault for commitment during the last season, but his leaving is not entirely unexpected. As mentioned above too, he'll no doubt be earning a lot more £££ at FGR as well as being nearer to home, and there was always the question as to whether he was going to be Stilly's first choice target man in the coming season. Let's hope that Hawkins can discover how to play football over the Summer...
NBDag

I think the reason we all liked Doidge was that he was one of the few who were willing to put a proper shift in. Not because he was amazingly good. Sad to see him go, but I'm sure he can be easily replaced.
lupins

Lets hope he can score goals for us like his tally for Waltham Forest last season but if not he does at least score 115 at Scrabble
leewilson

It's ashame because you can't question his commitment and attitude. However, I think we can do better quality wise. His hold up play was generally poor, as was his touch. He hassled but it was often messy and to succeed in this division, I think we need more. Teams in the upper part of the Conference are not mugs.

Benson as a target man with someone a bit nippier player off of him would suit.
Diggerthedog

Benson was a bit coy when I asked him Saturday about coming back, I don't think he will be signing.
Lcbdagger

With JC firing last season, Doidge would have been a massive loss this year as he supports play well and rubs his nuts off every game... Easy to see why he was a fan favourite.

Never a twenty goal a year man however. Pleased with what I've heard about Assombalonga.
mickeyblue

not a soul in the squad we would miss imo. ran his socks off but so would i,
bring on our new team!
but we finished 9th!