Morecambe Predictions

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Leopardman

Can anyone think of a reason the Hyam plays every week? Makes serious mistakes every game and was at fault for the goal again tonight.
stanton101

Leopardman wrote:Can anyone think of a reason the Hyam plays every week? Makes serious mistakes every game and was at fault for the goal again tonight.
It beats me, clevid can't be any worse. We also have a loanee Taylor from Bolton who hasn't kicked a ball yet and a new signing as well. If it wasn't for the consistency of Worrall we would be worse defensively, if that's possible! And for the life of me I can't understand why Passley was on the bench tonight. We may have won against a Morecambe team who first half had one eye on the beach but second half we were awful. Still should leave now, he is not the answer. FACT.
The Romford Dagger

stanton101 wrote:
Leopardman wrote:Can anyone think of a reason the Hyam plays every week? Makes serious mistakes every game and was at fault for the goal again tonight.
It beats me, clevid can't be any worse. We also have a loanee Taylor from Bolton who hasn't kicked a ball yet and a new signing as well. If it wasn't for the consistency of Worrall we would be worse defensively, if that's possible! And for the life of me I can't understand why Passley was on the bench tonight. We may have won against a Morecambe team who first half had one eye on the beach but second half we were awful. Still should leave now, he is not the answer. FACT.
On the day we gain only our second home win of the season. Ha.
DaggerJoel11

I'll never understand why Still encourages us to sit deep second half. It just invites pressure which you can only do if you have an accomplished defence which can soak up or deal with the pressure, and obviously we don't have that. Instead Morecambe grab an inevitable goal and what ensues is a completely unnecessary period of nervousness whereas we could've already killed the game off by the hour mark. I've lost count of the amount of times we've thrown away a commanding lead because of this.

Other than that, great performance which we haven't seen too often this season. Hopefully, if we are down as it seems, we can do it with a bit of fight and spirit as demonstrated by last night's display. Nice to see Jamie get his deserved and long-awaited goal, it just goes to show when you have players like Labadie creating those kind of chances Cureton can recapture the form of last season. I thought Labadie was excellent in the middle with a real 'captains performance', something missing since Ogogo left, and deserved the slice of luck which culminated in his goal. Let's see what we can do Saturday now when Pompey come to town.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
BarkingRambo

DaggerJoel11 wrote:I'll never understand why Still encourages us to sit deep second half. It just invites pressure which you can only do if you have an accomplished defence which can soak up or deal with the pressure, and obviously we don't have that. Instead Morecambe grab an inevitable goal and what ensues is a completely unnecessary period of nervousness whereas we could've already killed the game off by the hour mark. I've lost count of the amount of times we've thrown away a commanding lead because of this.

Other than that, great performance which we haven't seen too often this season. Hopefully, if we are down as it seems, we can do it with a bit of fight and spirit as demonstrated by last night's display. Nice to see Jamie get his deserved and long-awaited goal, it just goes to show when you have players like Labadie creating those kind of chances Cureton can recapture the form of last season. I thought Labadie was excellent in the middle with a real 'captains performance', something missing since Ogogo left, and deserved the slice of luck which culminated in his goal. Let's see what we can do Saturday now when Pompey come to town.

Have to agree about Labadie's performance being fantastic, closely followed by Cash who I think put in one of his best shifts I've seen since he arrived. Just a shame about Labadie's booking which I think had a real effect on his confidence to go in for some of them balls he was winning in the first half. Still should have made a change or two the moment Muldoon and him were both on bookings, part of the reason for the pressure we brought on ourselves was having an entire centre midfield that had to think twice about every challenge they made. Ah well, a win's a win and we played well enough to earn the result too. Got to keep the faith that we can do this.
Alan

DaggerJoel11 wrote:I'll never understand why Still encourages us to sit deep second half. It just invites pressure which you can only do if you have an accomplished defence which can soak up or deal with the pressure, and obviously we don't have that. Instead Morecambe grab an inevitable goal and what ensues is a completely unnecessary period of nervousness whereas we could've already killed the game off by the hour mark. I've lost count of the amount of times we've thrown away a commanding lead because of this.

He was telling them to get up the pitch. In post match interview said they dropped too deep and didn't use/keep the ball when we got it, how they missed Gutteridge or Richards who know where to pass the ball to get out of those situations.
Voice of reason

Alan's right. It was just a case of the players getting nervy when they should have been putting in challenges up the field.
Instead everyone was getting behind the ball inviting Morecambe further and further forward

Nice to see Jodi in the crowd supporting his team mates incidentally
ARNU

Well I wasn't gonna go but I was passing at 8pm and couldn't help myself so parked up and had a look,anyway as I went thru the turnstile we scored the 2nd.I missed it so I can honestly say I haven't seen us win at home this season.Ive been present at both games. I must say it was a good performance from what I saw,maybe knowing your down without a chance in hell makes you relax more and get into it.Too much hoof for me as usual but we did win so Doidge is obviously getting into Stills philosophy,i think he got his head on every hoof.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

Looks to me like Cousins should have called it, rather than left a kid facing the wrong way to clear it.

Seems odd to me that Hyam gets picked out, yet Widdowson has made plenty of mistakes but tends to get ignored.
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:Well I wasn't gonna go but I was passing at 8pm and couldn't help myself so parked up and had a look,anyway as I went thru the turnstile we scored the 2nd.I missed it so I can honestly say I haven't seen us win at home this season.Ive been present at both games. I must say it was a good performance from what I saw,maybe knowing your down without a chance in hell makes you relax more and get into it.Too much hoof for me as usual but we did win so Doidge is obviously getting into Stills philosophy,i think he got his head on every hoof.
At least hoofing to a big guy makes some sense if that's the plan.

Nothin worse than when we spent all that time aiming hoods to a loan striker that was cureton.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:
Looks to me like Cousins should have called it, rather than left a kid facing the wrong way to clear it.

Seems odd to me that Hyam gets picked out, yet Widdowson has made plenty of mistakes but tends to get ignored.
Certainly was Cousins Fault that one but he made a great save at 0-0 to keep us in it.

Widdowson is very poor should be ashamed that the 2 kids next to him are making him look Pathetic. How Connors is shipped out for him I do not know.