Jodi Jones

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
JFJBENSTEAD

Gone to Coventry.

Question is: was he overlooked or too 'lightweight'?

I though he was talented but greedy. Not really sure why Hemmings is usually picked ahead of him though...
BarkingRambo

I think the club just prays that at some point the Hemmings of last season might turn up which sadly hasn't happened.

Fair play to Jodi for being able to get himself a move to a bigger side. With the way we have been playing this season I'm amazed any club is interested in anyone we have.
stanton101

BarkingRambo wrote:I think the club just prays that at some point the Hemmings of last season might turn up which sadly hasn't happened.

Fair play to Jodi for being able to get himself a move to a bigger side. With the way we have been playing this season I'm amazed any club is interested in anyone we have.
We'll need a manager that can motivate the players first, which unfortunately we don't have.
dagger4eva

Im more amazed that a club pushing for promotion to the championship is willing to sign a player on an emergency loan that management of a team doomed to relegation to the conference deems unworthy of a place in the team.

So it's either Coventry or us that dont quite know what they're doing.......
NBDag

Congratulations to Jodi, Cov are a huge team. However how is Jones not starting for us but can get a loan to a team in the league above? And a good team at that. Has left me very confused.

Think we should have whacked a wig on Chambers and sent him up there though. Would have been a result.
ARNU

I'm really pleased for Jodi Jones. Good luck to him. I think he needs a few dinners in him and to build up a bit of muscle. I am sure he has the talent to progress elsewhere but I standby the fact he did very little for us this season. He has hardly played a game Under stillyand this I think was the right decision. We needed hardened experienced pros to get out of the mess we now find ourselves in, this must have been an awful atmosphere for a young player to flourish. I hope you does well but I doubt he'll make the first team his own any time soon. I wonder what sort of Wonga we got for him?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

In a team full of creative players, scoring loads of goals he will do well... he's not the Messiah and isn't what a team at the bottom of any league needs at his age... efficient as fans expect miracles from him even when only playing ten minutes
stanton101

I thought under Still he may have gotten more games especially when Hemmings has been less and less effective as the seasons gone on and chambers can't play in that position. I thought the idea of consistently playing the giant Hawkins up front was to have wingers who could supply the crosses for him and Doidge to get on the end of. But still good luck to the kid, I hope he can regain some of his early season form which was destroyed by Wayne.
The Romford Dagger

It's obviously with a view to buy him in the summer
Alan

Agree with Arnu. The kid has talent, but he needs to stick on some muscle as Sam Saunders did when we went up and to get his belief back.

Doubt they're going to play him much, this is more about taking him now with the deal done for the transfer.
Mark

They've already said he's going in the u21s not the first team. He's not our solution.
Dagdale

Still very mystified what happened with this lad at our club this season, whether to do with coaches , the morale dropping on the field so badly effecting him or just simply his attitude its been like an episode of Peyton Place. Potential was definitely there and sadly regarding watching his wares and skills coming forward with the daggers will probably be lost now. Good luck son, you got a good future and really believe this club meant something to you.
stanton101

Dagdale wrote:Still very mystified what happened with this lad at our club this season, whether to do with coaches , the morale dropping on the field so badly effecting him or just simply his attitude its been like an episode of Peyton Place. Potential was definitely there and sadly regarding watching his wares and skills coming forward with the daggers will probably be lost now. Good luck son, you got a good future and really believe this club meant something to you.
Peyton Place, you're showing your age there mate.
DagenHammer87

I wish him well.

I think the way Coventry City have handled it is quite frankly a slap in the face to clubs in this country.

I don't recall the emergency loan system just being another window. To come out and say that he'll be part of the u21 setup is a bit ridiculous and makes it all a bit farcical.

However, if he impresses and we bring through another load of talent and make a few quid in the process then it's great for us.

Wonder if the fee will be dependent on the league we're in.
Adrian

The emergency loan is used all the time so clubs can sign players outside of standard transfer window. I'm fairly sure he isn't the first player to leave us on an emergency loan with a view to signing permanently.

If it sorts out the situation earlier then both clubs are better off.