TBS Stand

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger42

Next Season this should be a home stand. The Bury Road should be turned into away standing and a away seating should be Bury Road end of Carling stand.
Diggerthedog

Dagger42 wrote:Next Season this should be a home stand. The Bury Road should be turned into away standing and a away seating should be Bury Road end of Carling stand.
Segregation cant happen like that, stick all the away in the Barking College simple really.
Alan

Dagger42 wrote:Next Season this should be a home stand. The Bury Road should be turned into away standing and a away seating should be Bury Road end of Carling stand.
If you have it open you have to engage the full compliment of stewards required by the safety certificate, which is I think 14.

Next question is how many home supporters want to sit in it? TBS tickets weren't that popular. I wouldn't want to sit in it, I'd want to stay in the sieve. If I couldn't, I'd be more likely not to renew my season ticket and to pick and choose my games. So give people the option you say? Now we are back to the cost of stewarding the sieve and the tbs for a few hundred in each.
admin
Site Admin

I think we should just open the gate between the sieve and TBS and make the whole ground one ticket price. Doubt we'd sell out TBS so allocate half to away fans and they can use the regular TBS entrance. Also if you do it like this, home fans can have a half time pint as they would get the bar
Diggerthedog

admin wrote:I think we should just open the gate between the sieve and TBS and make the whole ground one ticket price. Doubt we'd sell out TBS so allocate half to away fans and they can use the regular TBS entrance. Also if you do it like this, home fans can have a half time pint as they would get the bar
Problem is that you will then have to charge same price for terrace and seating and we would end of losing out, also those in the Carling will want the same price.
admin
Site Admin

Diggerthedog wrote:
admin wrote:I think we should just open the gate between the sieve and TBS and make the whole ground one ticket price. Doubt we'd sell out TBS so allocate half to away fans and they can use the regular TBS entrance. Also if you do it like this, home fans can have a half time pint as they would get the bar
Problem is that you will then have to charge same price for terrace and seating and we would end of losing out, also those in the Carling will want the same price.
I did mention making the whole ground one ticket price for any area of the ground. To be honest, I think we charge a bit too much for what we've been serving up this season anyway (only exception being the early bird season tickets). Next season in the conference we will need to reduce our ticket prices, so personally I would take a gamble, charge £15 for any area of the ground and lay the ground out like I mentioned above. I would go that low and attempt to get more fans in. However if you don't want to take that risk you could charge something like £17 across the whole ground, I reckon that would be alright:
Diggerthedog

admin wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
I did mention making the whole ground one ticket price for any area of the ground. To be honest, I think we charge a bit too much for what we've been serving up this season anyway (only exception being the early bird season tickets). Next season in the conference we will need to reduce our ticket prices, so personally I would take a gamble, charge £15 for any area of the ground and lay the ground out like I mentioned above. I would go that low and attempt to get more fans in. However if you don't want to take that risk you could charge something like £17 across the whole ground, I reckon that would be alright:
You make a good point about prices £18 is far too much as are kids prices on the gate think its about £11 currently. I would charge £16 for adults across the whole ground with £5 for kids or £20 one adult one child. Anything more than it becomes unattractive.

Season tickets Adults £200 across the whole ground with kids £50 and any further siblings free.

Its a massive summer for us in this respect with the neighbours moving into an already sold out 52,000 capacity stadium and they have had approval to increase capacity to 60,000 already. What a bad time to get relegated another reason the change of manager should have happened alot sooner.
ARNU

With the attendances we are likely to get next season you could probably fit all home and away fans in there and shut the other three stands altogether. Having been a long-term advocate of letting the TBS stand go to the home fans even I realise that horse has now bolted. It's always seemed odd to me that we give the away fans the best seats the best acoustics and facilities and on top of that they normally win the game two. Funny that! It could've been done it's still can be done there is no will to do it that's the only reason . Probably cheaper to watch West Ham in the Olymplc stadium. I truly think Daggers have got a large problem when we get relegated.Im sure we'll survive . I'd shut the terracing unless it was needed.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

For our games left this season I would maximise games like Pompey and give them as much of the ground as possible/police allow. Lets make some money whilst we still can.
BarkingRambo

is there a requirement to segregate fans at all in the conference. If not then open up at least part of the TBS to everyone, certainly the part where we can get to the bar. The one thing I will need when we are losing to Alfreton is the ability to go for a pint.
durnzo

I definitely wouldn't want to sit, the need for a bar is high though! There's no reason something couldn't be thrown together out the back of the sieve, it's not in view of the pitch so in accordance with league rules. Also I think that when they do the tbs combo games it dilutes the crowd. I don't have any solution though!
Dagdale

If Grimsby Town don't get up they're the only side coming here that I'd reckon would almost take the whole stand, they took 700 down the A1 to Boreham Wood earlier this season. If its a Saturday Chester, Wrexham and local derby boys Braintree would bring a few down too, but other than that can't see no reason why if our fans prefer can't muscle in over TBS, I personally prefer the low down and shallow channel sieve and other than the right hand corner viewing (TBS) which sometimes can get a bit obscured think if only we could create a better sing song banter in there it would be fine. But it is real crazy that as the finest stand in the ground with the finest bar/refreshment facility is at most times fairly redundant and could set up a deck chair on it.