What a waste of money....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

7 appearances in almost 2 seasons - im so glad our hallowed ex manager re-signed this individual.

People talk about us wasting money paying off Burnett but id love to know how much each of the 7 appearances have cost our club.

Pftttt
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-03-13-12-10-22.png
Screenshot_2016-03-13-12-10-22.png (126.74 KiB) Viewed 11420 times
Adrian

I think you could easily add the resigning of Matt Partridge, Ian Gayle and Ade Yussuf at the beginning of the season to that waste.
dave seagull

I refer to my post back on 28th October.
He even makes Darren Anderton (Sicknote) look like an ever present!
Shocking, ******** shocking and an absolute disgrace!
ARNU

I didn't think he cost us anything unless he played.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:I didn't think he cost us anything unless he played.
Pitty we never had that arrangement with the rest of the squad.
dave seagull

Spot on Sussex....about as much use as a chocolate fireguard Mr Hines
dagger4eva

I believe he's on reduced wages whilst injured and it gets bumped up once fit and playing again.

If you imagine he's on a pitiful £200 a week (its probably more) - it would've cost us £2,500 per appearance. Its probably nearer to double that though.

Still, imagine what Arsenal lumped out on Abou Diaby over the years!! :)
The Romford Dagger

Adrian wrote:I think you could easily add the resigning of Matt Partridge, Ian Gayle and Ade Yussuf at the beginning of the season to that waste.
I maintain that Ade Yusseff was a good player. Every time he played he caused problems and fought for the ball. His desire to win it back and rt stuck in is what we've missed this season IMO
Adrian

The Romford Dagger wrote:
Adrian wrote:I think you could easily add the resigning of Matt Partridge, Ian Gayle and Ade Yussuf at the beginning of the season to that waste.
I maintain that Ade Yusseff was a good player. Every time he played he caused problems and fought for the ball. His desire to win it back and rt stuck in is what we've missed this season IMO
Didn't say he wasn't.
But he had a contract extension when there seemed.to be no real desire to play him- same as the other players I mentioned.
Alan

I agree with Adrian, it's baffling. Like Nathan Green and Damien Batt, players he signed and then got rid of before the season was out.
The Romford Dagger

Adrian wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:
Didn't say he wasn't.
But he had a contract extension when there seemed.to be no real desire to play him- same as the other players I mentioned.
Wasn't having a go. Just baffling isn't it?
ARNU

With respect Damian Batt and the other guy Green were both terrible. In fact thes were 2 signings that I'd have to agree were probably his worst. Surely you have to give the manager some praise for spotting his mistake. Batt easily gets into my Dagenham all-time worst five aside team along with Jamie day Kevin Mayer Gavin Tomlin and that iffy keeper Miles.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
BarkingRambo

Sadly I think Hines needs to leave us for his own good. I think Gowens physio abilities can only be compared to Sweeny Todd's success rate at haircuts. Look at the amount of times we have had a player out a week or two and he hasn't been back for months and most of our long term injuries never come back the same again.
dagger4eva

Leave for his OWN good??

Considering he fart arsed about in signing a new contract with us I think he should be counting his lucky stars he’s been able to “earn” any sort of living the last two years, given he's spent more time in rehab than Paul Gascoigne.

If he had any decency he would sign a 1 year extension for next season on basis of he only earns ANY money with each goal & assist.

Fat chance! :roll:
bearaab

dave seagull wrote:I refer to my post back on 28th October.
He even makes Darren Anderton (Sicknote) look like an ever present!
Shocking, ******** shocking and an absolute disgrace!
Anderton actually averaged 28 games a season while at spurs. I'd say Hines is better suited to a comparison of Abou Diaby.