Wycombe, Jodi and Barnet.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Cockney Byrites

My latest Daggers post.
I hope you enjoy the read and thanks in advance as always.
Up the Daggers!!

http://wp.me/p6kGbE-j1
mickeyblue

decent read

im glad you put the nonsense conners had to listen 2 aswell. shouting your shit etc helps only the other team. with kids like them 2 its beyond anoying.

put it this way my son is signing up for daggers college scheme, if he ever made it near 1st team and i heard that nonsense i think ill end up with lifeban from footy grounds.

most ive heard shouting my son would run rings round and have never kicked a ball in there life. let alone comment on conners/jones etc.
but we finished 9th!
admin
Site Admin

I'd also like to add something in regards to the comments about Jones. I think a lot of what you said in your blog was accurate. He is only 18 and its a huge responsibility at that age. I'm only 21 and personally think I have areas where I need to mature a bit so I couldn't imagine being an 18 year old and a professional football player with a lot hanging over his head. When you think of it in that context it shows the pressure he is under.

A few times during the first half and I noticed him doing things to show that he's lacking confidence. There was 1 or 2 opportunities he had to get shot away and he was very hesitant same with his crossing. I personally think he's better off having a go even if it ends up in row z.

As for the fans getting on his back, no they shouldn't do that and they do need to think before shouting out "your shit". However in their slight defence, it has been a frustrating season for us and fans will get a bit agitated and say something stupid. Let's be honest, who amongst us hasn't said or done something stupid at football before. All you can do is learn for next time and be more supportive of the lad.
ARNU

Ok so I am not Jody jones greatest fan.Firstly.....I've never shouted you're shit or anything like it at him,I am however guilty of maybe saying something similar online.Useless comes to mind.

That said....

He is not useless,he does have a talent and im sure with the right direction he'll go far.

But...

You have to question successive managers playing him in such an important relegation battle when he has so far done nothing to suggest he should be a first choice on the team sheet and also when others with more experience are available.I'm not seeing this boy as anything better or worse than a fair few before him who were arguably better but also didn't go far.He needs to do something,make an impact,score a goal,frighten the opposition defence and put in a decent tackle or two if he wants my praise.Largely hes been anonymous this season.A wonder goal in the Essex senior cup is no right of passage.I scored many myself younger and I was shit.

As for Connors.....bit clumsy still but id never shout abuse at him.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Corinthian

No player should get abuse from their own fans . Jodi has had some bright moments over the season and has some talent. He would not be in my starting line up at the moment as I think we need to dig out results and often he seems to be bullied out of the game. A lot of hype and expectation has been heaped on the lad. Stating the bleeding obvious but we haven't got an natural goal scorer other than Jamie C who has not hit the form of last season. I would still like to see him play off Doidge .
SUSSEX DAGGER

Those shouting abuse were probably the same idiots who reckon that anything less then a million for him only six months ago was some sort of betrayal.

A spell out on loan getting game time so the lad can rediscover himself looks the best call to me.
Diggerthedog

I think Jones like most of our current squad suffered from Burnetts reign in and out the team every week. Play him every week and he would have improved. Look at the lad for posh the other night same age and plays every week.

Consistency is the key at this level and showed by Wycombe the other night pretty much same 11 all season for them and they are 6th. Doubt we have started the same team 3 times in a row and have used about 40 different players (probably a slight exaggeration).

Tomorrow is a must win for survival and for the players to give something back to us fans who have witnessed 17 games without a solitary victory.
mickeyblue

another pop at still arnu nice 1

looking at the wingers we have i'd rather a shit jody jones than chambers/hemmings or err err err,.

if we do go down jody, conners, raymond will have a big role next season and for me id rather all 3 in team than the ferdinands,boucards and co.
but we finished 9th!
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Those shouting abuse were probably the same idiots who reckon that anything less then a million for him only six months ago was some sort of betrayal.

A spell out on loan getting game time so the lad can rediscover himself looks the best call to me.
Just out of interest, who are all the people yelling abuse at Jones, and how many are we talking about here? It seems to be taken that there is some large group of Daggers giving him shit all the time, when personally, I have only ever heard encouragement to him.

It's obviously not you as you are a lovely man.
mickeyblue

if its 1 person its 1 to many
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

mickeyblue wrote:another pop at still arnu nice 1

looking at the wingers we have i'd rather a shit jody jones than chambers/hemmings or err err err,.

if we do go down jody, conners, raymond will have a big role next season and for me id rather all 3 in team than the ferdinands,boucards and co.
Unlike Wayne Burnett,Johhny hoofball Judas can more than handle a bit of stick or criticism or whatever.His most endearing quality for me is that whatever I say on a little read internet forum he'll just follow his own philosophy and wouldn't give a monkeys what I say whether it be good or bad.You saying you never gave burnett any stick ?? Even I did that.Football is all about opinions,banter,criticism and praise,why you'd be quite so delicate over my dislike of Stills hoofball when we are losing back to back games with it I will never know.
mickeyblue

delicate? hoofball?

mate read your post you commenting on him selecting jones bugger all to do with hoofball.

i think you did well to get your dig into still when all he did was select him.

he prob smashing it in training and is head and shoulders above the rest of our wingers so deserves a go.
but we finished 9th!
Mike the Dagger

mickeyblue wrote:if its 1 person its 1 to many
I agree 100%. However, the article that started this thread seems to imply that the criticism is widespread.
ARNU

mickeyblue wrote:delicate? hoofball?

mate read your post you commenting on him selecting jones bugger all to do with hoofball.

i think you did well to get your dig into still when all he did was select him.

he prob smashing it in training and is head and shoulders above the rest of our wingers so deserves a go.
Now Jones may well be as ineffective as whatever other wingers we have,none of them are doing the business now or all season to be fair.Apart from a wonder goal in an Essex cup match and 1 goal I saw him score for the 1st team this season I really haven't even seen anything particularly average from him let alone inspired or fantastic.I don't pick the team lets see what happens.Ebbsfleet or Palace ? Whos more likely right now to swoop for him ? I must re iterate I have never yelled anything out to him other than encouragement.
Grimsweeper

I think Jodi would improve for a spell out on loan.

We all want him to take games by the scruff of the neck and dominate the opposition but he just isnt ready.

we cannot afford the luxury of letting him find his feet in our remaining league games.