Exeter

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NBDag

A fantastic win. I think the biggest positive to take from this though is that we managed to hold a lead through 5 minutes of injury time!
Auntie Merge

NBDag wrote:A fantastic win. I think the biggest positive to take from this though is that we managed to hold a lead through 5 minutes of injury time!
THIS.

I was stressing for the final five minutes until the full time result came in.
ARNU

Great result,not folding when we conceded an equiliser.Really really pleased for Ashley Chambers.Always liked him,hes a tryer and with a bit of confidence could really kick on.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

Where was Chambers played today? Everyone seems to think he's a trier but when he's on the wing he literally never tracks back to defend. The less defensive responsibilities he has the better he will fare.
SUSSEX DAGGER

[quote="dagger4eva"]Absolutely fantastic win!

Not the greatest record down there but capitalised well on Exeters recent poor form.

If Lewington had not committed suicide down there two seasons ago today would have been our third win in
the last four visits. In fact the only game we lost in that period was the last game of last season when we were killed by Gayle passing the ball straight to their Centre Forward.

So there are far worse places then Exeter , in fact I would not mind playing Exeter or Stevenage alternative weeks.
ARNU

bearaab wrote:Where was Chambers played today? Everyone seems to think he's a trier but when he's on the wing he literally never tracks back to defend. The less defensive responsibilities he has the better he will fare.
He is a trier and you're right hes not a defender.Goal a game under the new regime,long may it continue.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
mickeyblue

bearaab wrote:Where was Chambers played today? Everyone seems to think he's a trier but when he's on the wing he literally never tracks back to defend. The less defensive responsibilities he has the better he will fare.
have you seen chambers play?

out of all our winger he is the best at defending and tracking back.
infact as a coach he is a godsend as your fullback goes on a mad run forward and he is prepared to hold back in full backs position. unfair criticism if you ask me.

granted he makes stupid decisions at times like passing when he should shoot but defensivly for a winger he is sound.

lager fueled response
but we finished 9th!
SUSSEX DAGGER

mickeyblue wrote:

infact as a coach he is a godsend as your fullback goes on a mad run forward and he is prepared to hold back in full backs position. unfair criticism if you ask me.

granted he makes stupid decisions at times like passing when he should shoot but defensivly for a winger he is sound.

lager fueled response
He played bloody well Monday there is no doubt about that , but he did half shirk a few 50/50's.
mickeyblue

thats about 15 of our squad aswell
but we finished 9th!
bearaab

mickeyblue wrote:

lager fueled response
I think you've been watching the wrong player. Maybe he's been doing it the last couple of games but its quite well documented that he is awful at tracking back. But if we're winning games and he's getting goals I'll let it slide for now.
Chigwellian

bearaab wrote:
mickeyblue wrote:

lager fueled response
I think you've been watching the wrong player. Maybe he's been doing it the last couple of games but its quite well documented that he is awful at tracking back. But if we're winning games and he's getting goals I'll let it slide for now.
The last couple of games had been under Johnny still, so possibly the poor sod didn't really know where to play. .. just saying:)
SUSSEX DAGGER

He had a good game against Stevenage in the JPT scoring and setting up Cureton for the goals .

Could be another Medi , another one who to me always looked a different player when played down the centre.
bearaab

Medi was so much better in his last season, mainly because he played like he actually have a shit and attempted a few tackles as well as the attacking parts.
Lcbdagger

The guy is a supporting attacking player who is best in the middle... Awful final ball means he will never be a winger
Dagdale

Just got back, nothing better doing a day or two stopover when on cloud 9 with a good win, met quite a few Grecians Saturday night and other than blaming their injury crisis and how Liverpool are going to stuff em thought our boys set about getting the job done well. Notice JS goes straight up to top stands and no doubt get's a great picture of it all at pitch side and really impressed how we are looking so much more solid all round now, Seemed a bit of a slow motion on our first goal and just seemed to sneak in and surprised as their goalie wasn't that far from his right hand corner to reach it. Put a downer on it a bit when they scored but what a way to win a game with that superb cross to Chambers. Exeter really came at us second period but with our defense now looking so much more solid felt more confident than a few weeks back that we wasn't this time giving two points away. All players put in a good shift but thought Hemmings at last is looking like his old self again and lost count of the times he came back to clear away a Exeter attack superbly. Hoytey too was very impressive. Funny enough feel this big Everton game may come as a bit of a distraction now, I feel best to keep plodding away at the league in this recent good run of form, just hope it keeps up for the next one, the Cobbler game.