Our coaching

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Which, if any, player or players have improved under our current coaches/former manager? I don't think any have.
NBDag

Would agree that none have. What's most annoying though is that even the "golden boy" Jodi Jones doesn't look any better to me compared to the start of the season. Don't know how he's meant to go for stupid amounts of money when he isn't even progressing here
dagger4eva

Im afraid to say Jodi Jones has every last ounce of confidence & ability squeezed out of the life of him.

We'd be lucky to get £2.50 and a Mars Bar for him right now....
Daggyjack

dagger4eva wrote:Im afraid to say Jodi Jones has every last ounce of confidence & ability squeezed out of the life of him.

We'd be lucky to get £2.50 and a Mars Bar for him right now....
JS will get Jodi playing again.
At least he will recognise the lads talent and play him regularly, which in turn will boost his confidence.
Mikins

Tbh we've obviously had no defensive coaching all season. From what I'm aware Currie works primarily on passing and both Hackett and Burnett were attack focused (I could well be wrong, and if I am it shows how useless said coach is)

As for JJ he's a kid, complaining that someone who is probably doing his A-levels isn't improving in leaps and bounds when hes barely been given a run and like everyone else gets dropped as soon as he make a mistake is no massive surprise.

Burnett was the kind of manager who would have dropped robbo after the mk Dons match in lg1 so it's hardly a surprise most of the players now lack confidence. A new manager is a good time for a whole squad to shop window themselves for a first team berth and atm the only guaranteed starter is Labadie...
Sorry about your damn luck!
stanton101

I especially miss the one where they stand circling the bloke in the middle who bounces the ball and they all turn round run away and jump in the air. I miss that one.
And the one where Currie throws the ball in the air and they volley it towards the makeshift goals, down in the corner by the sieve. That's a good one as well.
Otherwise it's total and utter bollocks, because they are clueless idiots and need to follow Wayne, out the door asap.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Such a clueless idiot agreed , since May 2009 when he joined the Club as John Still Assistant he had nothing to do with the following I suppose.

Promotion to Leage one within a year
Unlucky to get relegated back by one point

The disaster that was Danny Green
The hapless Billy Bingham
The useless Scott Doe
The pointless Abu Ogogo
That Dwight Gayle who could not hit a cows arse with a banjo
The excellent season that Romain Vincelot had in league one, nothing to do with him
Rhys Murphy who if he shot at John Lenon would still be alive today
Damion Mcrory another disaster, how is he playing for a team top of league one
Who remembers that other useless object Luke Wilkinson
Was I the only one to see the back of Luke Howell.
There was never really ever over two dozen scouts looking at Jodi Jones.

Jamie Cureton got over 20 goals last season would have been over 30 if he was not tottally Mis -managed.

Perhaps it is only me who think that the Goalkeepers have both massively since they have been here, one out of all regocnition this season.

Labadie is a far worse player then when he rocked up here.

Yes a massive mistake by John Still to have the clown anywhere near our Club let alone letting him
Be instrumental in him succeeding him, John Still words not mine
Diggerthedog

He has gone Sussex and rightly so. Move on with your life or you trying to get a another blowie kiss emoji of his wife. Sad.
mickeyblue

manage jamie lol

if burnett gave jamie advice on how to score goals id be shocked. the only thin burnett done for jamie would be select him to play!

i could and most will rip that post to pieces but ill give you 1 thing, yes burnett was a good coach but utter clueless to management.
but we finished 9th!
SUSSEX DAGGER

The question was asked and I responded to it, not me with the sad life .

Still be there, wherever I can supporting the Club . Not entirely happy with the Club going full circle,if the bookmakers view is proved right,but if that's the way it is that's the way it is. Won't ever see me boycotting or taking part in spiteful exchanges , I say how I see it and if that is not the popular view then again so be it.

The man always treated me with respect when ever I exchanged views with him and never once took offence when he heard something he might not like or disagreed with.

At the end of the day the fortunes of the Football team I choose to support pale into total insugnificance compare to other things I have in my life .

Tomorrow see's the a new chapter in the history of our Club, the new (old) regime will get my full support , it wont stop me expressing a view but unlike you my support is unconditional
SUSSEX DAGGER

mickeyblue wrote:manage jamie lol

if burnett gave jamie advice on how to score goals id be shocked. the only thin burnett done for jamie would be select him to play!

i could and most will rip that post to pieces but ill give you 1 thing, yes burnett was a good coach but utter clueless to management.
Did I ever suggest that he taught him to score goals , er no I don't think I did , I just suggested that the clueless Manager err Managed him rather well.

Also the Man who is returning , if the bookmakers odds are right, the King of Victoria Road recomended him to our board as his successor.

Heavens above don't tell me you think we are about to employ another clueless Manager
mickeyblue

where i say the next manager is clueless?

for the record i dont want still back either but if so, he get my backing

burnett deserves some credit of course but not as much as you give him or expect others to.

ill give my credit to the board for employing him on your logic
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

Will any of the anti Burnett brigade ever accept just a little bit at least that his job was a tiny bit difficult ?

John Still or whoever comes in will ,you'd think, need a bit of money to spend to sort this mess out.There is no way that the team that starts tomorrow is the team that plays on the last day if we stay up.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bloke down the pub

The only way these people could be football coaches is if we had all their teeth pulled out and replaced them with seats.
Alan

ARNU wrote:Will any of the anti Burnett brigade ever accept just a little bit at least that his job was a tiny bit difficult ?

John Still or whoever comes in will ,you'd think, need a bit of money to spend to sort this mess out.There is no way that the team that starts tomorrow is the team that plays on the last day if we stay up.
From the current evidence, he will not need that much money! 6 points from the 2 games in charge (albeit 1 unofficial) is 46% of the total that his predecessor had mustered in 22 league games. There will be ups and downs, but he's already got the team more organised and given them some belief and supporters some hope.