ARNU's Poll

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Who should be the first choice goalkeeper?

Mark Cousins
89%
Liam O'Brien
6%
Rotate
3%
Unsure
3%

Total votes: 36
admin
Site Admin

ARNU's poll
Sagres

Let's hope the new manager has the same opinion
ARNU

88% for Cousins, 6 % for O'Brien,6% unsure and none for rotating them so far.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

Looks like Mark Cousins is favourite with 86%,thats 24 of 28 voters.
RampantDuke

Anyone who witnessed the Gordon Banks save on Monday will know there is only one answer.

Mind you anyone who saw him faff around when Whitehawk equalised (incidentally the first time my kids have heard me use the 'C' word) might disagree!
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
dagger4eva

It's a little unfair on O'Brien (even though I voted for Cousins) as he's improved 5 fold from his 1st season.

Competition for the place is obviously a good thing but I fail to see how the almost constant chopping & changing between the two would've done more harm than good.

Another one straight out of the Wayne Burnett management manual for beginners.
ARNU

O'Brien is not a bad keeper.Better than lewy ever was,just that Cousins is slightly better.Not much in it.
Lcbdagger

Personally I think O'Brien has improved immeasurably from last season... certainly good enough for League 2 and will no doubt get better with age. Will never be convinced about his ability to control a box from set pieces and balls in the air in to the box, but in his defense the back four in front of him can't give any goalkeeper confidence in such a situation!

Cousins on the other hand will probably go down as one of our best keepers ever if he sticks around for a few more seasons... not the entertainment value or leadership or Roberts and probably doesn't has as many stand out moments across his career, but there are six or seven game changing saves from him in the last year that stood out massively. Certainly short of confidence early season (something must have happened to the likes if him and Hemmings over the summer) but the guy is a class act! To think he came in almost as a direct swap for Lewington is frightening.
daggersjeff

Can see O'Brien possibly leaving in January to get regular starts.
Totally agree with previous poster that chopping and changing because of one poor game does nothing for the player or the teams confidence.
daggersjeff

RampantDuke wrote:Anyone who witnessed the Gordon Banks save on Monday will know there is only one answer.
I wonder how many forumites are saying "Gordon who?"
:roll:
RampantDuke

daggersjeff wrote:
RampantDuke wrote:Anyone who witnessed the Gordon Banks save on Monday will know there is only one answer.
I wonder how many forumites are saying "Gordon who?"
:roll:
They need to look on that worldwide web information superhighway thing perhaps using a site such as 'You are a Tube' or 'FetusBook'.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!