John Still

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NBDag

Almost certain that I could see him in the stands today, by the directors box. I was standing in the sieve however. Anyone able to confirm whether I need to go and get my eyes tested?
Mikins

He was there, one of the stewards told me that they were chatting to one of the board after the game who said he's back in January. Didn't give any more details than that though.
Sorry about your damn luck!
BarkingRambo

He was there. He was sitting with Dave Andrews so I think some serious talks about coming back are happening, in what capacity who knows. To be honest we need Still for his telephone book as much as anything so even if he does just want to go on the board it's all useful
Diggerthedog

After watching that not sure why he would want too.
BarkingRambo

This will test if he loves the club as much as he claims he does.
ARNU

Peter Taylor was there as well.....again.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Tomthedagger

John Still as manager is a serious backward step. There are many many managers out there without work who will do more for the future of our club than John.

Someone mentioned we need John for his telephone book, that much I agree with!
ARNU

Tomthedagger wrote:John Still as manager is a serious backward step. There are many many managers out there without work who will do more for the future of our club than John.

Someone mentioned we need John for his telephone book, that much I agree with!
We need a new team as well as a manager.They were gutless today apart from Labadie and Dunne.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
NBDag

Undecided about whether I'd want John Still back. Lets not forget how bad we were when he left, and lets not forget how he left! Saying that- no other serious candidate for the job will be able to offer the resources that he can or will they actually have the experience he has.
Sagres

Let’s not forget as good as his record is for winning the league he has also lead Barnet back into the Conference!
NBDag

Mark Arber was at the game today and mentioned on his Facebook the "return of Mr Dagenham". Following his sightings at Cambridge and today's games, I think we can all agree that this is now a done deal.
DI Mike Dashwood

I am not against Stilly coming back, as now seems likely/done.

My only worry is where do we go in the future?? So John may stay until the end of the season, and we may or may not stay up. But then where?? The Club was very successful in Stilly's last spell, unbelievably so really but then when he went we have lacked direction, seemingly lacked spirit, caught between wanting to move on without Stilly but people constantly (conciously or sub-conciously) wanting things the way they used to be under John.

I think it is right move in short term, and it may get us out of the sh1t, which is the main thing in the here and now, but I wonder where we will look in the long-term.
davei

I posted previously that if you put all the resume's together of those currently looking in the lower divisions for managerial positions and blanked out the names, JS's resume based on results within his circle of expertise, would stand out as one of the better candidates. In fairness and with some concern, someone previously commented about his tenure (success/failure) at Luton, however, simply put, where were Luton when he took over in 2013 (Conference) and where were they when he left (League Two).

My initial thought would be for a 2-1/2 year deal (the remainder of this, then 2 more) to get the club back on track and more stable than we currently are. After that, who knows, but perhaps John's experience would also have grown to a level that he could handle the pressure of managing at a higher level with this team. And if what has been written previously in that he gave a team talk on Saturday is true, well, the right result follwed.
BarkingRambo

As much as some people would say he won't take us to much and all he is capable of is mid table mediocrity. I would love that about now. A bit of a few wins and a few losses would make me bloody happy. I agree towards he end of Stills last time and some of the footie wasn't pleasant but Burnetts footie wasn't fun for his entire reign no matter what the league position came at the end of it
Sagres

When can we expect an official announcement