The ultimate "MUST WIN" game

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

The formation on Saturday was 433 but the three in midfield were narrow with Jones wide left and two up front. This meant vassell and Labadie ha

He just has no idea how to set up a football team and even less idea when a battle is required. If he wants to play 433 just drop vassell he's done absolutely nothing anyway. If he wants to play 442 just drop Boucaud![/quote]

If Vasselll has done nothing please explain to me how we came to play Whitehawk Saturday.

I saw him win a penalty that got us back into the game at Morecambe.

I saw him score that penalty
I saw him with a bit of quick thinking get the important goal at Morecambe

I saw him run the Morecambe defence all over the place.

He ran his bollocks at Wimnledon

Sunday he got lost because he became another one of Wayne's Wide Boys, and played out of posistion.

But come on to say he has done nothing is plainly just a stupid comment
Alan

Mike the Dagger wrote:
DI Mike Dashwood wrote:
But a win next week is worth so much to the Club. I think Mike's gate and take estimate is a little conservative.
Whitehawk local rag are saying the game is worth £m to them.... http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/1413228 ... ref=twtrec
They would make £700k gross from the gate? Ignoring the costs of the game, and giving them 50% of the gate, that would require a sell out ie 40,221, with every seat priced at £34.80 each. Regardless of who gets through, I can't see that happening myself - Everton got 22,236 for West Ham in 3rd round FA Cup tie last season and 32,000 for QPR of championship in 3rd round season before. No great sign that there's an appetite to pay £35 a ticket to watch a div 4 or div 6 side there.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:
DI Mike Dashwood wrote:
But a win next week is worth so much to the Club. I think Mike's gate and take estimate is a little conservative.
Whitehawk local rag are saying the game is worth £m to them.... http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/1413228 ... ref=twtrec
They would make £700k gross from the gate? Ignoring the costs of the game, and giving them 50% of the gate, that would require a sell out ie 40,221, with every seat priced at £34.80 each. Regardless of who gets through, I can't see that happening myself - Everton got 22,236 for West Ham in 3rd round FA Cup tie last season and 32,000 for QPR of championship in 3rd round season before. No great sign that there's an appetite to pay £35 a ticket to watch a div 4 or div 6 side there.
Not forgetting the TAX that needs to be paid or they another southend and dont bother with that part until threatened.
Alan

To be fair, he did say gross.
Alan

In third round last year, against a premier league side Everton charged

season ticket holders:
Adults: £20.00
Over-65s and Under-21s: £10.00
Under-16s: £5.00

General sale
Adults: £25.00
Over-65s and Under-21s: £12.50
Under-16s: £5.00

So whether it's us or Whitehawk, nobody is getting anything like £700k from gate receipts.
Mike the Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:cut the sniping etc. towards Wayne & co until the replay is done & dusted.
Looks like the Post didn't get the memo!!!

http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... _1_4341958

Grand use of the word "despondent".
Mark

To be fair he did pretty much win us the morecambe game. Other than that I've been most unimpressed though.
Mike the Dagger

Mark wrote:I'd sack him now and hope for a bounce to get us past whitehawk.

The formation on Saturday was 433 but the three in midfield were narrow with Jones wide left and two up front. This meant vassell and Labadie had to cover the right side.
From the horses mouth (the match preview for the Crawley game at the official site.... http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/c ... 45951.aspx)

"Wayne Burnett slightly altered with the formation last time out against Whitehawk with Jones being the only recognised winger on the pitch and Labadie playing an advanced role behind the attack. In terms of personnel Obileye and O’Brien have been pushing Nosworthy and Cousins respectively for the CB and GK positions and it will be interesting to see who is selected tomorrow."

----------

it will be interesting to see who is selected tomorrow... no shit Sherlock!
Don Beech 3

Mike the Dagger wrote:
TV fees depend on the game being chosen for extended highlights/live (unlikely if its us TBH): Live £144,000, Live replay: £72,000 Highlights: £6,750
Looks like only possible highlights money for who ever gets through

The BBC's FA Cup third-round coverage will include live television coverage of Exeter v Liverpool on Friday 8 January at 19:55 GMT followed by Tottenham Hotspur's home match against Leicester City on Sunday 10th January at 16:00 GMT.

Both matches will be broadcast live BBC One and presented by Gary Lineker.

BBC Wales will broadcast live coverage of Oxford United vs Swansea City at 12:00 GMT on Sunday 10th January.

BT Sport will broadcast Wycombe Wanderers v Aston Villa (Saturday, 12:45 GMT), Manchester United v Sheffield United (Saturday, 17:30 GMT) and Chelsea v Leyton Orient or Scunthorpe United (Sunday, 14:00 GMT).
Alan

That £1m the bloke from Whitehawk's was predicting is getting nearer to the £300k mark!
RampantDuke

I just fancy a day out in Liverpool in January!
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
rebeldagger

How many more of the games are we going to have then?

It's a disgrace what is happening, yet the powers that be don't seem to care. Dare I ask why do we?
Paul from Barking

" "