AFC Milton Keynes

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Whos going tomorrow then?

Unless I'm mistaken, away fans are still housed directly behind the away dugout. Could get very interesting if its looks like were going to lose... again

Really don't fancy us to win this but I guess a point would at least take us off single figures!
mickeyblue

I usually go to this but can't think of any reason to spend roughly a 100 on the wrong side of the Thames on a Tuesday night. Far to cold both on and off the pitch.
but we finished 9th!
DaggerJoel11

Nope, not coming tomorrow. Last season I travelled by train & bus, both tediously long journeys, only to be compactly accommodated in a small stand - and witness a freezing dull defeat and much hostility. I envisage history will repeat itself tomorrow and we will lose - probably inevitably - in an uneventful encounter. If it were a weekend I'd consider it, but I'm not waiting 45 minutes for a flipping bus. Been there done that, but well done to the fans who will be present.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
ARNU

I sat behind the goal last time I saw us play there.Boring....but true.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
admin
Site Admin

It's not a great view of the pitch, it's going to be freezing and we're not playing great. But it's one of our nearest away games this season so really we should have at least 200 minimum there (although somehow I doubt that). I don't think AFC Wimbledon away is too much of a big ask. Easy and quick to get to, quite cheap be good to have as many daggers as possible there
Mike the Dagger

admin wrote:It's not a great view of the pitch, it's going to be freezing and we're not playing great. But it's one of our nearest away games this season so really we should have at least 200 minimum there (although somehow I doubt that). I don't think AFC Wimbledon away is too much of a big ask. Easy and quick to get to, quite cheap be good to have as many daggers as possible there
It'd be nice to have 11 Daggers on the pitch (or even in the squad).

Remember, "To be a Dagger is something special, it means you have something about you. Not just ability, you have got to have something that makes you want to work hard and fulfil your potential. Daggers never give up, never stop."
NickMurphy

We're due a bit of luck at Wimbledon, surely? Ayo's blocked shot that would have given us a draw last year, Rob Edmans' diving header in the first visit and that 2-2 game where we really should have won.

Managed to snap up a tenner return from Norwich to Liv. Street tomorrow evening so I'll be there.
Richie

DaggerJoel11 wrote:Nope, not coming tomorrow. Last season I travelled by train & bus, both tediously long journeys, only to be compactly accommodated in a small stand - and witness a freezing dull defeat and much hostility. I envisage history will repeat itself tomorrow and we will lose - probably inevitably - in an uneventful encounter. If it were a weekend I'd consider it, but I'm not waiting 45 minutes for a flipping bus. Been there done that, but well done to the fans who will be present.
Why do you need to get a bus? Easily walkable from Norbiton station.

I'll be there. My 14th match of the season, time to see a first win surely!
Mike the Dagger

Richie wrote:
Don't hold your breath!
Mark

It's close to where I live but a ballache to get back without a car as I'd have to go by train after work. Just not worth the hassle.
Diggerthedog

It's a stinker of a journey for a night game by public transport. Good luck to anyone going, chant for kingstonians as the Dons have agreed to leave them homeless once they build a new ground. Wankers.
DaggerJoel11

Richie wrote:
DaggerJoel11 wrote:Nope, not coming tomorrow. Last season I travelled by train & bus, both tediously long journeys, only to be compactly accommodated in a small stand - and witness a freezing dull defeat and much hostility. I envisage history will repeat itself tomorrow and we will lose - probably inevitably - in an uneventful encounter. If it were a weekend I'd consider it, but I'm not waiting 45 minutes for a flipping bus. Been there done that, but well done to the fans who will be present.
Why do you need to get a bus? Easily walkable from Norbiton station.

I made the mistake of getting off at Wimbledon on the district line before hopping a bus. There was no service between somewhere and somewhere as well meaning the c2c had to be incorporated into my journey too!
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
DI Mike Dashwood

Mike, I take it you have mislaid Mr Still's comments on being a Dagger of late as well then ;)

D the D, I think you should read up a little bit more on the ground situation, as your apparent assumptions are not really reflective of the actual situation.

I will be there. It's a game of football, in London, on a Tuesday night, where my Team are involved, and where I can see me mates and other like minded people, and therefore I will be in attendance.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:It's a stinker of a journey for a night game by public transport.
You aint going to the home games why would you go away anyway ?? :roll:
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:It's a stinker of a journey for a night game by public transport.
You aint going to the home games why would you go away anyway ?? :roll:

We have been known to score and even win away.