A question for the "Wayne in-ners"

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

What, if anything is your threshold where even you will change camp & finally want him gone?

* If we get knocked out of both cups by Oxford & Morecambe

* If we've obtained the same number of points or less after the next 16 games (so 18 points from 32)

* If we haven't won another game by Christmas

* If we were to go the remainder of the season without picking up a single win in the league - you fully intend on backing him to the death.

* Other .....
SUSSEX DAGGER

Turn the question on its head what does he have to do to get you lot of his back and give him credit for what he has so far acheived.

As you are fond to remind People it's a results business but sadly it only appears one way
Mike the Dagger

This is what Wayne Burnett has achieved in the league this season to date:

8/8/2015 Portsmouth (A) Lost 0-3
15/8/2015 Leyton Orient (H) Lost 1-3
18/8/2015 Exeter City (H) Lost 1-2
22/8/2015 Wycombe Wanderers (A) Drew 1-1
29/8/2015 Stevenage (H) Drew 1-1
5/9/2015 Northampton Town (A) Won 2-1
12/9/2015 Carlisle United (A) Lost 1-2
19/9/2015 Newport County (H) Drew 0-0
26/9/2015 Barnet (A) Lost 1-3
29/9/2015 Notts County (H) Drew 1-1
3/10/2015 Mansfield Town (H) Lost 3-4
10/10/2015 Yeovil Town (A) Drew 2-2
17/10/2015 Hartlepool United (H) Lost 0-1
20/10/2015 York City (A) Drew 2-2
24/10/2015 Accrington Stanley (A) Lost 1-3
1/11/2015 Luton Town (H) Lost 0-2

Position 24th and bottom.

Played 16, Won 1, Drawn 6, Lost 9, Goals for 17, Goals against 31, Goal difference -14, Points 9

Points per game to date: 0.56, win percentage 6.25%

Points per game needed in the remaining games to hit the "magic 50": 1.37

Fellow strugglers (bottom 8) played to date: Barnet (A) lost, Hartlepool (H) lost, Stevenage (H) drew, York (A) drew, Newport (H) drew, Yeovil (A) drew - points won 4, no wins

Points lost from winning positions: 14

Current sequence: 10 games without a League win.
Mark

I'd love to know how much all these loans are costing. Clearly he's once again decided that his summer recruitment was a disaster and asked for more wage budget.

Even if we just about stay up I'd still want him out as he seems incapable of building a squad of our own. If you picked his favoured 11 it would include 5 permanent daggers, 1 non contact and 5 loans!

It is a results business but I'd be nowhere near as critical if we had shown some fight with a team we can call our own.
dagger4eva

Other than win every remaining game, without exception - each by a margin of 7 clear goals I will want rid.

Any chance you can answer the original question?
SUSSEX DAGGER

The answer to your question however.

That the Players you recruited were not your first choice, prove me wrong that many of them would have been signed on a beggars can't be choosers basis.

Prove to me that you did not offer ABU, Scott and Billy vastly improved turns to stay.

Prove to me that Scott Doe would still not be here if he had not been pissed around by another Club , believing that was a done deal you had to act to fill a vast void.

Prove to me you not made efforts to recruit Players either on loan or as signings and have been turned down by any number of targets.

Only when it has been proved to me he is not managing with one hand tied behind his back and he has not been a victim of repeated circumstances will I even contemplate that the current situation is entirely his fault.
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:Other than win every remaining game, without exception - each by a margin of 7 clear goals I will want rid.

Any chance you can answer the original question?
As I thought you live in the land of fairies .
dagger4eva

Ok - so in short you are behind him regardless.

You name me a single manager of Dagenham & Redbridge F.C. since 1992 that DIDNT have to manage the club with a hand tied behind his back & I will buy all your matchday beer and coffee for the remainder of this season.

Oh, i'd just like to change my previous answer to an 11 goal winning margin per match.
Cheers :)
nomis

I stopped going after the Exeter home game !!!

Reasons.........

Iv'e had enough of BURNETT

One thing I will say is that for the life of me SUSSEX , you can defend him all you want !

His record speaks for itself

Utter garbage

STEVE THOMPSON can keep saying .....we will not go down , just as he did this time nearly three years ago when Wayne was given the job and took Dagenham from comfortable mid table to last day survival .....on bloody goal difference above Barnet

That poor run was / is reminiscence of what is happening now

Tommo can spill whatever shit he wants but we aint gonna get ducky twice unless changes are made sooner rather than later

What I don't understand is that it's not just the loss of League 2 football but also all the hard work with the kids etc and the club will be ruined due to the board being stubborn, arrogant, whatever you want to call it ......bloddy stupid in my eyes

I for one said I will never return until there is a change of manager and I am sure I'm not alone

The football is no longer enjoyable and the atmosphere / feeling over Victoria Road STINKS

The one thing I have come to terms with is this ..........

BURNETT WILL NOT GET THE SACK ..............END OF

AND THERE IN LIES THE PROBLEM

A real shame for me personally as Iv'e been going since 1980 and this regime just don't get what;s going on !!!

Supporters like me who have been through good and bad will not be coming back

To summarise ........some supporters are in the Wayne IN camp , and some in the OUT camp

If Dagenham had a lot of clout financially behind them iv'e got no doubt that BURNETT would of been shown the exit door by now , but they haven't , and who is going to replace him ?
I would personally promote from within and swap them around

Wayne won't admit he aint good enough so that option aint gonna happen either
He can't take constructive criticism and therein lies another problem

Don't get me wrong !
I think Wayne is a good coach but his man management skills are sadly from the Glen Roeder school of management

Another good coach who couldn't hack it as a manager yet did the decent thing eventually

I also think that Wayne would rather fight to the death and take us down that admit defeat now as he would take it as a personal loss

Again, these are just my opinions but something needs to happen and unfortunately no matter what the supporters say or do don't matter one bit

And thats a big problem because at the end of the day they / we are the ones that make the club and without them /us there is no Dagenham & Redbridge

I could go on all day but I stop there as I'm fed up wasting my time any more on something that aint gonna happen

Good players leaving etc and loads of other stuff

To all Daggers fan I wish you the best of British and all that and I see you all again when Wayne's gone and were back playing in the Ryman again

Regards

Simon
ARNU

Right...hopefully short and sweet.

Mainly because of the reasons Sussex has listed in that his hands are tied tighter than anyone before him and because no credible alternative has been mentioned.Unless you give WB or the new bloke some dosh we're stuck with what we've got.Oh and he has finished 9th and 14th in the past so has proven to me he can do it with the right staff.

But.....I honestly think if the gates continue to fall and WB dosent get out of the bottom 2/3 by December he might well resign himself.This I fear wont be the answer though primarily as the club still believe in him(as I do) and as I cant see a queue of decent managers waiting to step in for a pittance will there be any change in our fortunes anytime soon.And all these journeymen managers that are sacked once a season who are proven to be shite, Ling comes to mind, hes had more jobs than Waynes had draws,are also not the answer.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:The answer to your question however.

That the Players you recruited were not your first choice, prove me wrong that many of them would have been signed on a beggars can't be choosers basis.

Prove to me that you did not offer ABU, Scott and Billy vastly improved turns to stay.

Prove to me that Scott Doe would still not be here if he had not been pissed around by another Club , believing that was a done deal you had to act to fill a vast void.

Prove to me you not made efforts to recruit Players either on loan or as signings and have been turned down by any number of targets.

Only when it has been proved to me he is not managing with one hand tied behind his back and he has not been a victim of repeated circumstances will I even contemplate that the current situation is entirely his fault.
You don't even realise how ridiculous you sound.
Kevin

I really felt for Wayne when he found himself in a situation where Andre Boucaud and Kane Ferdinand were the only players available on the entire planet - and within our budget - to play a non-tackling centre midfield during the pre-season and the opening quarter of this season.
mickeyblue

Kevin wrote:I really felt for Wayne when he found himself in a situation where Andre Boucaud and Kane Ferdinand were the only players available on the entire planet - and within our budget - to play a non-tackling centre midfield during the pre-season and the opening quarter of this season.
Like Howell

I'd like to ask another question
What does Wayne bring to our club that other managers do not
but we finished 9th!
Mike the Dagger

mickeyblue wrote:
Designer stubble?
ARNU

mickeyblue wrote:
Kevin wrote:I really felt for Wayne when he found himself in a situation where Andre Boucaud and Kane Ferdinand were the only players available on the entire planet - and within our budget - to play a non-tackling centre midfield during the pre-season and the opening quarter of this season.
Like Howell

You've hit it on the head there.He brings nothing less than other managers would.They'd all try hard and they'd all have difficulty with the budget and players on our books and the boo boys would hate them equally.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !