A question for the "Wayne in-ners"

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

I'd wager that quite a lot of them could coach a side to defend set plays and motivate them to give it 100% though.
ARNU

Mark wrote:I'd wager that quite a lot of them could coach a side to defend set plays and motivate them to give it 100% though.
And you seriously think Wayne doesn't ?? How many of Waynes current squad would he have left if he had the right money. I'd keep maybe 3.(2 of them are keepers)
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

Mark wrote:I'd wager that quite a lot of them could coach a side to defend set plays and motivate them to give it 100% though.
^^^^ this
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
And you seriously think Wayne doesn't ?? How many of Waynes current squad would he have left if he had the right money. I'd keep maybe 3.(2 of them are keepers)
Not so you can tell, no.

Go back and watch the Mansfield highlights. The defending is comical. Or the goal the Monkey Hangers scored. Either Luton goal. At least two of the three Accrington scored.

Nosworthy is ex Premier League, we know Ayo can defend, he did it last season well enough. They can defend, so either they are being told to do something wrong, or they can't be arsed.
Last edited by Mike the Dagger on Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dagger4eva

ARNU wrote:
results & defending to date would suggest not....
Mark

ARNU wrote:
I don't think he's capable. He seems unable to mould players into a functional team. He always seems to need players from higher division clubs on loan to get any kind of result.

I actually think we've got quite a few good players maybe as many as 9 permanent players worth having in the squad.

However if we're looking at why we don't have a good enough team of players again it is the manager's job to sign them. Who was the last player he signed from non league and turned into a FL player?
SUSSEX DAGGER

bearaab wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:The answer to your question however.

That the Players you recruited were not your first choice, prove me wrong that many of them would have been signed on a beggars can't be choosers basis.

Prove to me that you did not offer ABU, Scott and Billy vastly improved turns to stay.

Prove to me that Scott Doe would still not be here if he had not been pissed around by another Club , believing that was a done deal you had to act to fill a vast void.

Prove to me you not made efforts to recruit Players either on loan or as signings and have been turned down by any number of targets.

Only when it has been proved to me he is not managing with one hand tied behind his back and he has not been a victim of repeated circumstances will I even contemplate that the current situation is entirely his fault.
You don't even realise how ridiculous you sound.
probably don't but I live in the real world and not on Fantasy Island. Anything better then 22nd place finish then I am happy. When you support a team like Dagenham and Redbridge You don't have high expectations . It was always inevitable that one season the odds were going to be great. Let you into a little secret one year this Club will be relegated , it might not be this season but one season it will happen and that will happen weather Wayne Burnett, John Still or Alex Ferguson is on charge. Simple fact being that the finances will dictate it
ARNU

Cant argue with the stats Mark,maybe the players are just thick.

You'd have to agree Passley/Widdowson Ayo,Nosworthy and Hoyte on paper should be quite a force to be reckoned with.Alex Ferguson would start them if he was here.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Kevin

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Let you into a little secret one year this Club will be relegated , it might not be this season but one season it will happen..
I'll let you in on another little secret...one day we'll all be dead! :D

Always good to have something to look forward to eh! Might start making my way to the cemetery, save on a bit of time n all that..
mickeyblue

No no no
There is no reason our club SHOULD be relegated and being happy with that is idiotic not realistic.

reason why alot of us are piss ed off is barring a handful of teams the rest are on equal par so no reason why we should not be able to compete season after season.

Our budget is small granted but it's not as small as people are making out

Nosworthy hines hoyte Ferdinand do not come cheap and that's without settling with players like thug partridge

None of us expect us to compete with pompey orient etc for players but Boreham bloody wood I do.

Burnett doing a crap job and I can't see it improving. So change is needed

Burnett out
but we finished 9th!