Set Pieces

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

We are creating very little from open play (despite what Wayne thinks). We have the third lowest average shots per game in League 2. Only 2 teams in League 2 have scored fewer goals than us.

So, in my view it is imperative that we make more of set pieces. We never threaten from corners - how many have we scored from under Burnett? I reckon less than 5.
stanton101

It would seem that Ayo has become the new Ronaldo at Victoria Road, I've yet to see him test the keeper, still we live in hope.
DI Mike Dashwood

Interesting, I watched from the sponsors seats yesterday (more of that elsewhere) and you do get a different perspective of various things.

One thing I did find interesting, and a bit frustrating, was that the players seemed to have to be told where to stand at set pieces throughout the game by the coaching staff. Throw ins, free kicks, and free kicks. Now, I am more realistic than most about what to expect at our level. If a bloke can do everything brilliantly he won't be playing for us on 500 a week, so I don't expect miracles. But I would have thought these things (set pieces) should be worked on in training through the week and we should be better prepared for them, both in the attacking and defensive sense??