I believe the inevitable is getting nearer....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

I estimate we're just one more interview away from another rant spectacular!

Watch this space!! :) :)

https://audioboom.com/boos/3787497-reac ... up1stround
Chigwellian

:D ... Yeah I agree, also did you see the daggers player interview, WB doesn't give eye contact for a fair amount of time to Stuart Smith - a sign of a devious person!

On the subject of the attendance, I think SS missed the point of the low support, when he said we need to find more fans..... The point is, we need to keep the fans we have 'onside', which with the current regime, they are not doing.
Lcbdagger

"I don't know what game you" and 900 others were watching... Is what I think he meant to say
Alan

dagger4eva wrote:I estimate we're just one more interview away from another rant spectacular!

Watch this space!! :) :)

https://audioboom.com/boos/3787497-reac ... up1stround
When (or maybe if) we win a game BBC London will have to clear the schedule for the rest of the day for the ensuing rant.
IanC

Blimey he's starting to sound like the chavs boss!
Chigwellian

Who is the chavs boss?
ARNU

Though still a supporter of WB,I think he should stay away from interviews,always have since the Wycombe rant for no reason.You can tell he's tetchy about our/his obvious precarious position.It wasn't great football yesterday,although Id say we were better now Dunne and Labadie are bullying the midfield areas.Stu's questions were fair,it cant be good that only 800 Daggers fans were in the ground yesterday and it isn't good we have not won a home game all season.I cant blame anyone for staying away and he (Wayne) should get that quite clearly.You don't need banners or bits of paper to register dissatisfaction.As I've said all along Voting with your feet,peacefully in silence is the most effective form of protest.For those that want him gone,this is the only thing that will do it.

For me,the overwhelming negative at the club that might push me away,isnt WB or the poor results,its the fact that we have a board(rightly or wrongly)that only have survival as a target.This does,will and has, lead to pretty mundane football of the unwatchable variety.I know its difficult with the budgets but did you see the difference between the atmos at the Salford game and ours yesterday ? A small team punching above their weight beating a team that we couldn't.says it all.

Why did they close the t-bar,hardly a welcoming contribution.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
mickeyblue

Every time I read a post of yours arnu I'm expecting a Burnett out ending
Are you sure your in the in camp lol
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

mickeyblue wrote:Every time I read a post of yours arnu I'm expecting a Burnett out ending
Are you sure your in the in camp lol
I never said he was perfect,he clearly aint.But some are expecting too much from the man. When he finished 9th all the same people hated him.You've seen our squad where would stilly finish with them ? Bearing in mind his final 3 seasons here were awful if not worse than the last 3 and he had arguably much better players.

My previous post relates to nostalgia and pub teams.We aint a pub team anymore despite playing like one occasionally.
mickeyblue

I've never read or heard any fan asking anything other than a committed team with a game plan of winning a game of football with a team we are proud off.

Shocking football with no plan other than pass pass pass around the defense.
I also remember us not scoring a goal in December last year
For me everything adding up to we need a change and sooner the better
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

mickeyblue wrote:I've never read or heard any fan asking anything other than a committed team with a game plan of winning a game of football with a team we are proud off.

We had that in the first season we were in the league where we finished just above the drop and we were just happy to stay up.Expectations have changed.We want all that above,thats a given but when fans now aren't happy with finishing 9th what can this bloke ever do to please them ? Pretty football isn't whats kept us up ever,Johny hoofball bored us to death with the lumping and hoofing and now waynes doing it all passy passy.Its one or the other Im afraid.Both can be dire.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:
mickeyblue wrote:I've never read or heard any fan asking anything other than a committed team with a game plan of winning a game of football with a team we are proud off.

We had that in the first season we were in the league where we finished just above the drop and we were just happy to stay up.Expectations have changed.We want all that above,thats a given but when fans now aren't happy with finishing 9th what can this bloke ever do to please them ? Pretty football isn't whats kept us up ever,Johny hoofball bored us to death with the lumping and hoofing and now waynes doing it all passy passy.Its one or the other Im afraid.Both can be dire.
It's not about pretty football or direct football. It's about enjoyable football.
John Stills teams were largely enjoyable to watch for most of his time in charge.
Burnett teams have been enjoyable to watch for a small.part of his time.in charge.

Even during the poorer parts of Stills time I think you'd struggle to find home games where we had as few shots as have done recently.
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:

A lot of people when we finished 9th and 14th said he deserves to stay as manager. Now though it has glne too far imo. Time to go wayne.

BURNETT OUT
Lcbdagger

Why are we all so focused on finishing ninth??? This season we are bottom of the league
Alan

I believe that somebody on here used to point out that the season we finished 9th at one point that final afternoon we were set for 17th or something.

Football is a results game and the club is, as has been pointed out, a business. We finished 9th several years ago - that's gone. Look at us this season. We are bottom of the league with 9 points and gates are falling. From a business point of view, something has to change to get supporters back and to stay in the league. Getting relegated would be financially disastrous for the business.