I believe the inevitable is getting nearer....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Its all about expectations,where could Dagenham finish this season and you be happy ?

Id have to say 22nd right now but what about next season bearing in mind it'll be a whole new team again and lets say you get your wish and Wayne goes whats the new bloke gonna have to do to please you ? 9th 15th what ?? What do you really expect ?? If the new bloke bumps around 18th 19th all season has he done well ??
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Chigwellian

Arnu, you are missing the point by a hundred miles...

There wouldn't be discontent if we were bottom of the league and falling out of the league, but we were playing with some fight, which we aren't - playing to some kind of gameplay, which we aren't. -

We are a 1/3 through the season, and I've heard people from the Carling stand hearing complete opposites being shouted out to the players on what they should be doing, for Christ sake.

When we do get a win, we are dealt with a total rant from the manager.

The 90 minutes are a total bore, when you are lucky enough to see one shot on goal.

I could go on and on, about how they, (management) abuse a long standing supporter for holding a banner which they didn't like.

How the race card is so flippantly thrown around by the very person who should know better.

So Arnu, it's not about being bottom of the league, it runs far deeper than that
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:Its all about expectations,where could Dagenham finish this season and you be happy ?

Id have to say 22nd right now but what about next season bearing in mind it'll be a whole new team again and lets say you get your wish and Wayne goes whats the new bloke gonna have to do to please you ? 9th 15th what ?? What do you really expect ?? If the new bloke bumps around 18th 19th all season has he done well ??
The new bloke just needs to round them up and point them in a consolidated direction with some kind of a clue, some effort and enthusiasm. Trying to get a smile back on the club's collective face would be nice too.

Given where he's starting from, survival is a bonus, and the later he gets appointed, the more of a bonus that is likely to be.
Last edited by Mike the Dagger on Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan

Arnu, do you think that the tactics have worked well so far?

Do you think that our organisation at set pieces is good enough - both defending and attacking set pieces?

I don't think either are right. We are passing it around the back 4 to little effect. Teams are dropping off and denying Cureton space in behind, which nullifies his main threat - look at how many of his goals last year were running on to balls over the top of the defence. We don't use our wingers, we don't use the channels. We don't score from corners. I'd expect a decent manager to be able to work out those issues and change things.
ARNU

I don't think you get clean sheets without effort and enthusiasm.One of my favourite games I ever saw at Daggers we lost to Brighton at home I think,but we battled hard and just couldn't get the points.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

Mike the Dagger wrote:
ARNU wrote:
I would have to accept that he might not be able to save us if that's the case.I doubt anyone else will do any better.Dont think I'll be making up bits of A4 or protesting though as the main thrust of my argument still would exist.No money=2nd rate players.
Well we have never had a massive budget, yet managed to sign some very good players in the past. Not FL journeymen though, we used to scout the good ones out of Non-League.

And right on cue... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34766249

Getting the ones we have to play to some kind of tactical plan shouldn't be beyond hope either.
I knos you folk tend to find it a little irritating but my example just happens to be them so here goes:

Theres a lad from Grays, about 18-19 I believe, thats scored something ridiculous, albeit at a lower level. Think it was almost a goal a game in the last year.

Anyway, him (and I imagine many non league players) are in a situation where they can actually join a league team right now - for free. I cant remember the specific rule but its something to do with part time footballers. Well ipswich are heavily linked with him. Willing to take a punt it seems as hes actually now on trial with us.

So many gems, as still says, out there. Just gotta do a little digging. Jack munns plays for cheltenham and doing well now. He was a free agent and cheap a while back. I knew of him as hes a family friend but that's not the point.

Daggers just gotta have a look about