Morecambe

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
admin
Site Admin

Wasn't a great game today but I was lot prouder today than I have been recently. At least most of our team today looked up for it, more of the same please. Labidie and Dunne formed a good partnership and they are two players who aren't afraid of a tackle, they particularly impressed me. Far from the greatest daggers 11 you'll ever see but at least they showed character. Now feeling slightly better about Wednesday.

Another thing to mention, I may of been happier with the players but there's still a lot of work to do off the pitch. Not even 800 home fans is poor. That's conference south level crowds not league 2. Thompson needs to think about that, there's clearly 500+ fans who have had enough. Just proves how much Thompson has lost touch with the club and fans.
The Romford Dagger

admin wrote:Wasn't a great game today but I was lot prouder today than I have been recently. At least most of our team today looked up for it, more of the same please. Labidie and Dunne formed a good partnership and they are two players who aren't afraid of a tackle, they particularly impressed me. Far from the greatest daggers 11 you'll ever see but at least they showed character. Now feeling slightly better about Wednesday.

Another thing to mention, I may of been happier with the players but there's still a lot of work to do off the pitch. Not even 800 home fans is poor. That's conference south level crowds not league 2. Thompson needs to think about that, there's clearly 500+ fans who have had enough. Just proves how much Thompson has lost touch with the club and fans.

I wasnt at the game but see a huge difference between yours and the other post match post on here.
mickeyblue

other post match post?

the midfield 2 did ok, why its took to november to have 2 like that is reason we are bottom in 1st place. we still was not good enough but at least we competed which is a massive improvement.

i cannot remember there keeper saving anything but that might be down to defending rather than our attacking.

think 0-0 summed the game up well tbh.
but we finished 9th!
Pondfield Dagger

Not many clear chances today, but thought we had nicked it late on, when their keeper saved a long range shot and somehow our player (cureton i think?) put the rebound wide..FFS!!!
redboy

How can you be proud of that? It's the FA Cup, we're at home against what must be said was an average side and we have 2 shots on target (double last week if you want to be positive). Hemmings was AWOL as usual, there was no urgency, no drive and no quality. The subs came on far too late, our set pieces were dire....shall I go on?
The Romford Dagger

mickeyblue wrote:other post match post?

the midfield 2 did ok, why its took to november to have 2 like that is reason we are bottom in 1st place. we still was not good enough but at least we competed which is a massive improvement.

i cannot remember there keeper saving anything but that might be down to defending rather than our attacking.

think 0-0 summed the game up well tbh.
Yes daggertilidie's 'had enough' post
Don Beech 3

Didn't think it too bad a game although it felt more like a league game than any romance of the cup or all that stuff.
Think we finally, in November, have our centre midfield pairing that works. Morecambes best chance came when play had near enough stopped from both sides for a blatant handball that the ref didn't give, fortunately Cousins was alert to it and made a good save, apart from that most their chances where outside the area (stand to be corrected on that!)
Up front was poor although the new guy did ok. Certainly don't like all the quick free kicks we take from good attacking positions, having said that from most the corners we had that were put into good positions we didn't seem to have anyone close by and they were able to clear easily!
Feel there was some progress there, all probably happening a little too late though
Alan

Boring. Labadie and Dunne so much better than Ferdinand and Boucaud. Compete for everything.

However, no real threat from the wingers. Mulraney did nothing. I'd rather see Jones, our own player, getting experience. Cousins had to make several good saves, whereas we didn't really do much to work their keeper.

Special mention to the ref for stopping play for an injury to a Morecambe player when Cureton was through on goal 30 yards out.

Burnett's surly post match interview on BBC London was pathetic. If he was pleased with that, as he said he was, and thought we created enough, then he is deluded.

Finally, I cannot believe the caterers did not open the tea bar in the sieve.
admin
Site Admin

Alan wrote:Boring. Labadie and Dunne so much better than Ferdinand and Boucaud. Compete for everything.

However, no real threat from the wingers. Mulraney did nothing. I'd rather see Jones, our own player, getting experience. Cousins had to make several good saves, whereas we didn't really do much to work their keeper.

Special mention to the ref for stopping play for an injury to a Morecambe player when Cureton was through on goal 30 yards out.

Burnett's surly post match interview on BBC London was pathetic. If he was pleased with that, as he said he was, and thought we created enough, then he is deluded.

Finally, I cannot believe the caterers did not open the tea bar in the sieve.
Do you have the link to Burnett's post match interview? Could do with a laugh

Also with an attendance below 1000, do we really need two tea bars open in the terrace? They probably saved themselves a few quid.

Another thing I'd like to add, only two FA cup games had a lower attendance than us today, They are Northwich Victoria and Barwell. Even teams like Wealdstone, Dover and Accrington had a better crowd. Is that telling you something Mr. Thompson?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Finally, I cannot believe the caterers did not open the tea bar in the sieve.[/quote]

The Staff have joined the ranks of the A4ers and stayed away .
BarkingRambo

To be honest I'm a guy that's been a season ticket holder since the first year we have been promoted and with the FA cup today thought I do not want to pay extra to watch us play a team we play in the league. Think a different draw might have helped attendances. Part of it was to do with our form too. For the first time ever we have have had to have a league game called off because too many of our players are apparently international quality yet they produce this dross for us. I want to know what these international managers see.
Pondfield Dagger

funny how dagenham have never tried to get a game called off before when internationals matches are on....next league game 21 november...hmmmm... it keeps wayne in a job for another week, and gives the board more thinking time. and lets our fans calm down abit with the protests..lol
Alan

We haven't asked before because you need three players to be on international duty, which I do not think we have had before.
Diggerthedog

We are making do for this weeks JPT cup game with Oxford without the magnificent three but then again it gives Koko another excuse.
Alan

But the JPT doesn't have the same rule.