Tommo's latest interview

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

Dagenham & Redbridge M/D Steve Thompson hopes things will turn around this season

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p034wlrc

Hope.
ARNU

What I was saying !! Over achieved last 2 seasons finishing 9th and 14th and an admittance that Wayne has to work with the restraints the board put on him.Anyone fed up with Wayne needs to direct their anger/frustration at the board not the manager.We need 40 something more points so should get behind him rather than all this digging him out unfairly.That don't mean we have to be elated at home losses and shit but maybe we should allow for the reality.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Voice of reason

ARNU wrote:What I was saying !! Over achieved last 2 seasons finishing 9th and 14th and an admittance that Wayne has to work with the restraints the board put on him.Anyone fed up with Wayne needs to direct their anger/frustration at the board not the manager.We need 40 something more points so should get behind him rather than all this digging him out unfairly.That don't mean we have to be elated at home losses and shit but maybe we should allow for the reality.
Seems pretty fair. Hope everyone gets behind the boys on the pitch tomorrow
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:What I was saying !! Over achieved last 2 seasons finishing 9th and 14th and an admittance that Wayne has to work with the restraints the board put on him.Anyone fed up with Wayne needs to direct their anger/frustration at the board not the manager.We need 40 something more points so should get behind him rather than all this digging him out unfairly.That don't mean we have to be elated at home losses and shit but maybe we should allow for the reality.
The board aren't tactically naive, Burnett is.
ARNU

When John Still finished 20th and 19th and contributed to the 22nd position in the year wayne took over would you have called him tactically naïve ?
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:When John Still finished 20th and 19th and contributed to the 22nd position in the year wayne took over would you have called him tactically naïve ?
He wasn't. Stilly always had clear tactics, and you'll see them when Luton come calling in a couple of weeks.

Tactically naive is observing that Mansfield have a couple of really tall guys that are a threat at set pieces and not doing anything about it and letting one of them have a free header to equalise in the 80th minute. It is having a decent shape that is working in the the first half at Yeovil and sending on the wrong substitute at half time due to injury and changing that shape and losing a 2 goal lead for the second week running. it is playing a munchkin up front in League Two and hammering the ball at him in the air over and over again. it is playing two in central midfield that can't tackle and exposing your centre halves time and time again.

How long have you got?
ARNU

Yes I think it was me who coined the phrase "Hoofing to midgets".I am as frustrated by that as anyone,taking off Doidge then hoofing away to Chambers and Cureton has never fired me up and I moan about it every time.Annoying though that is I think our problems lay in defense and having a totally inept midfield.We can score goals but cant defend them.John Still had seasons where we couldn't get a point,score or defend either.
mickeyblue

Why is still being mentioned on every thread arnu

This team has nothing to do with still so comparing or mentioning is pointless.
but we finished 9th!
Diggerthedog

mickeyblue wrote:Why is still being mentioned on every thread arnu

This team has nothing to do with still so comparing or mentioning is pointless.
The last few decent players that still acquired left in the summer and went some wat to ensuring we stayed up the last couple of seasons. we are left with all of Wayne's Players of which there is two or three that are of any use to us if we are to staying up. Another kid signed yesterday, how many players have we used this season? It's only October.

A league two team if you don't have much money need consistency and hard workers something not grasped by the manager for well over two years. It really is that simple.
ARNU

Although it was sad to lose Bingham,Abs,Doe and Howell lets not carried away,they were all an integral part of John Still and Waynes shitty attempts runs too.