What we need

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Voice of reason

Interesting to see in Dagenham Post article that Darren Ward is training with us. I've thought for a while that we need a big experience no-nonsense centre back
We have a pretty young team and I know Millwall fans rated him
http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... _1_4271247
Diggerthedog

Voice of reason wrote:Interesting to see in Dagenham Post article that Darren Ward is training with us. I've thought for a while that we need a big experience no-nonsense centre back
Another journeyman!
TheLion

Darren is NOT what we need. He is 37 years of age! We need hungry young players who can run all day. We should have enough experience in the squad already.

Darren has been a very good non Premiership footballer, but he should retire gracefully.
Voice of reason

Diggerthedog wrote:
Voice of reason wrote:Interesting to see in Dagenham Post article that Darren Ward is training with us. I've thought for a while that we need a big experience no-nonsense centre back
Another journeyman!
True
But maybe we need something like this short term to stop our young team being bullied by big battering ram forwards?
There isn't a great deal of leadership in our team on the pitch at the moment
Not saying Ward is the answer but perhaps a younger guy in the same mould on loan from a club in the top two divisons
Voice of reason

Deal Close: West Ham United man set to join League Two club on loan

As featured on NewsNow: Football NewsFootball News 24/7

Dagenham & Redbridge are set to sign West Ham United teenager Josh Pask on loan, according to HITC.

Burnett is set to add to his team

The 18-year old will arrive at Victoria Road as manager Wayne Burnett looks to bolster his defensive ranks and he sees the promising centre-back as a viable option, despite his lack of experience.

Pask is rated very highly at the London side and his coaches have decided that a loan move would be best for his development. The Daggers are seen as an ideal place for Pask to develop and take the next step.

New Hammers manager Slaven Bilic has previously stated that he wants to give youngsters the chance to impress in the first team, so Pask will be hoping that some strong performances in League Two will catch the eye of the Croatian

Read more at http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/deal-c ... apDibVi.99
Mike the Dagger

Voice of reason wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
Another journeyman!
True
But maybe we need something like this short term to stop our young team being bullied by big battering ram forwards?
There isn't a great deal of leadership in our team on the pitch at the moment
Not saying Ward is the answer but perhaps a younger guy in the same mould on loan from a club in the top two divisons
We have Premiership experience in Nosworthy, and a younger guy from the higher divisions in Abu Obileye.

What would be great is to have someone that was a Dagger through and through like Scott Doe maybe?
mickeyblue

or a midfielder or 2
but we finished 9th!
grumpy old git

Divine Guidance
SUSSEX DAGGER

at least another two wingers
Lcbdagger

Could do with a few players who can control the defence abs midfield and give everything for the cause... The four who left in the summer would be a great start