Glen Hoddle

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Heathwaydagger wrote:
ARNU wrote:Dosent he talk some shite,no wonder his England team were useless,they probably didn't have a clue what he was on about with all his football bollocks he talks while commentating.Just listen to him 2nd half tonight,he makes them up as he goes along.So as a football expert obviously i know what hes getting at some of the time at least but Im sure had i have been 11 and watching i wouldnt have had a clue what he meant by it all.Some examples....

"Running from deep after the 2nd ball" "Running in behind" "He needs to come inside" "Deft touch" " Dink" "Deft dink" "Running off his man" "Playing the numbers game"

I'll add more,feel free to join in and translate.

Hoddles England side was pretty good I think you'll find. Only the left wing loonies got him the sack for his beliefs
Yeah but my point was he does talk some shite.Just listen to the bloke.Nothing to do with politics either,although if you want to discuss his weirdo religious methods I'll get the ball rolling with that was a load of old crap as well.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
mickeyblue

do any of the pundits talk anything other than crap?

hoddle played sweeper for swindon btw so no he wouldnt score goals from there. tbh

"Running from deep after the 2nd ball" "Running in behind" "He needs to come inside" "Deft touch" " Dink" "Deft dink" "Running off his man" "Playing the numbers game"

if any played football on here you would know what he waffling about.
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

mickeyblue wrote:do any of the pundits talk anything other than crap?

hoddle played sweeper for swindon btw so no he wouldnt score goals from there. tbh

if any played football on here you would know what he waffling about.
Lighten up,it was only a light hearted dig at Hoddles use of football jargon.Read my 1st post in the thread,if he was talking to a load of 11 year olds they'd just scratch their heads and think what the fark is he on about.Listen to the man,you'll see immediately what im on about.Im not doubting his ability as a player.I watched his England debut many moons ago at Wembley v Bulgaria in 1979(I was 13),he made one and scored 1.

Oh and Will Antwi scored 2 in 30 for daggers playing in defence that's nearly double Hoddles Swindon ratioo ;)
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
Lighten up,it was only a light hearted dig at Hoddles use of football jargon.Read my 1st post in the thread,if he was talking to a load of 11 year olds they'd just scratch their heads and think what the fark is he on about.Listen to the man,you'll see immediately what im on about.Im not doubting his ability as a player.I watched his England debut many moons ago at Wembley v Bulgaria in 1979(I was 13),he made one and scored 1.
Funnily enough, when my boy was 11 he was probably hearing this sort of stuff 20 times a week at school or club coaching sessions.

The granny watching probably won't get it as you say, but then again how many grannies watch England away matches on TV I wonder? My guess is that 80% of those watching the game knew full well what Hoddle was on about as they are regular football watchers.

Hoddle is a long way short of being the worst summeriser on TV, which is not saying much admittedly. Michael Owen probably takes the current biscuit for talking total bollocks in the role, either stating the bleeding obvious, repeating exactly what the commentator just said, or totally contradicting himself in the space of 10 words.

Honorable mentions to Niall Quinn, Robbie Savage and Mark Lawrenson in the talking bollocks category of summeriser.

The best summariser at the moment is Gary Neville. He's also a very, very good analyst on Monday Night Football.
TomMc

ARNU wrote:Oh and Will Antwi scored 2 in 30 for daggers playing in defence that's nearly double Hoddles Swindon ratioo ;)
You are aware that playing as a sweeper and playing as a centre back are two completely different roles, right?
ARNU

TomMc wrote:
ARNU wrote:Oh and Will Antwi scored 2 in 30 for daggers playing in defence that's nearly double Hoddles Swindon ratioo ;)
You are aware that playing as a sweeper and playing as a centre back are two completely different roles, right?
Pedants corner today this is......

Sweeper not allowed to score then ??

Try telling Franz Beckenbauer probably the worlds most famous sweeper,scored 83 in 572 club appearances and 14 times in 103 appearances for his country.Laters !!!
dagger4eva

With a
ARNU wrote:
TomMc wrote:

Sweeper not allowed to score then ??

Try telling Franz Beckenbauer probably the worlds most famous sweeper,scored 83 in 572 club appearances and 14 times in 103 appearances for his country.Laters !!!
With a goal ratio of around 1 in every 7 games that makes him more prolific than Jamie Reed, Gavin Tomlin & Chris Dickson combined??? :mrgreen:
OBD

dagger4eva wrote:With a
ARNU wrote:

With a goal ratio of around 1 in every 7 games that makes him more prolific than Jamie Reed, Gavin Tomlin & Chris Dickson combined??? :mrgreen:
*Jake Reed

*Leaves pedants corner*
@OfficialBigDave
bloke down the pub

To know what he's talking about you have to watch football. Going to Dagenham dont count !
TomMc

ARNU wrote:Franz Beckenbauer
Played as a modern libero rather than a conventional sweeper.

As for "laters!!!", are you in fact a 12 year old boy?
dave seagull

Magnificent player...shite pundit.

Howz about Sky, BT Sport get some real fans on to give an honest and forthright opinion. To much old school for my liking, kissing eachothers butts because they're all frightened to call it as it is and losing their 'cushy' jobs. Be honest or get out!
ARNU

TomMc wrote:
ARNU wrote:Franz Beckenbauer
Played as a modern libero rather than a conventional sweeper.

As for "laters!!!", are you in fact a 12 year old boy?
Think he was a sweeper and you got parred LOL!!