Glen Hoddle

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Dosent he talk some shite,no wonder his England team were useless,they probably didn't have a clue what he was on about with all his football bollocks he talks while commentating.Just listen to him 2nd half tonight,he makes them up as he goes along.So as a football expert obviously i know what hes getting at some of the time at least but Im sure had i have been 11 and watching i wouldnt have had a clue what he meant by it all.Some examples....

"Running from deep after the 2nd ball" "Running in behind" "He needs to come inside" "Deft touch" " Dink" "Deft dink" "Running off his man" "Playing the numbers game"

I'll add more,feel free to join in and translate.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

Apparently Danny Ings just "opened his body up" before shooting.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:Apparently Danny Ings just "opened his body up" before shooting.
Football coach speak. Pretty standard terminology that. Do you watch a lot of football?
DI Mike Dashwood

He does talk an awful lot of sh1t though Mike.

He is one of these people who has been described as intelligent by the media in the past so feels the need to try and live up to it by trying to hard to talk intelligently, and all that happens is he ends up talking nonsense and sounds stupid.

Puts on tin hat and waits for comeback from avid Spurs fans on the board................
ARNU

Mike the Dagger wrote:
ARNU wrote:Apparently Danny Ings just "opened his body up" before shooting.
Football coach speak. Pretty standard terminology that. Do you watch a lot of football?
Did you not read what I said ?

Specifically the main bit where I say "So as a football expert obviously i know what hes getting at some of the time at least but Im sure had i have been 11 and watching i wouldnt have had a clue what he meant by it all"

Hoddle talks incredible amounts of jargon that your average human would struggle to understand.Go on go and ask the old granny next door what "Dropping back then running in and dink it in the hole" means.Im sure she'll smile at least.
Kevin

Hoddle's timing to criticise Oxo-cube seconds after he'd just belted one in the top corner was slightly odd I thought..

Not a patch on Andy Townsend though..what with his "wee bit" here & a "wee bit" there... :D
Paul from Barking

ITV is shit
The Romford Dagger

My highlight was when he said 'he always finds his man sometimes'.

Good one glen
stanton101

I'd still have hoddle at Dagenham. Not as manager you fools, as captain!
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
Did you not read what I said ?
No.
bloke down the pub

We all know what Glen has done in football, What have you done ?
Don Beech 3

bloke down the pub wrote:We all know what Glen has done in football, What have you done ?
Your point being? Hoddle has done an awful lot in football, still speaks absolute nonsense. Michael Owen similar with a long list of achievements, still doesn't make his analysis any good.
bloke down the pub

You tell them "How we do it at Dagenham "
ARNU

I know he scored only 2 goals in 67 appearances for Swindon while he was there.So weren't that adept at finding "The Onion Bag" with his deft dinking and running off the ball bollocks :lol:
Heathwaydagger

ARNU wrote:Dosent he talk some shite,no wonder his England team were useless,they probably didn't have a clue what he was on about with all his football bollocks he talks while commentating.Just listen to him 2nd half tonight,he makes them up as he goes along.So as a football expert obviously i know what hes getting at some of the time at least but Im sure had i have been 11 and watching i wouldnt have had a clue what he meant by it all.Some examples....

"Running from deep after the 2nd ball" "Running in behind" "He needs to come inside" "Deft touch" " Dink" "Deft dink" "Running off his man" "Playing the numbers game"

I'll add more,feel free to join in and translate.

Hoddles England side was pretty good I think you'll find. Only the left wing loonies got him the sack for his beliefs