Bye Bye Burnett

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Really do want to know where all this is going to end.

The poor bloke dont seem to be getting a fair crack of the whip.

If he had a full strength squad to choose from then he should rightfully come in for a bit of stick.

When you play a forward player at left back and a full back at Centre back then the likelyhood if a mistake is going to multplie.

It was good to see tgat those who were forced to play out of postition did very well but when was the last time anything posative was said on here.

The other posative is that we appear to have a Caprain who played loke a Captain. It also can not go unoticed that he has a repour with the fans.

The latest dig at him is that he was kind enough to offer a lift to a few fans who he stumbled across at the Station ,a journey that would have cost our supporters a good deal of money by Taxi. That in some quarters i noticed has been seized upon. Last week it was the Management were being distant from the fans.

Yesterday two players who have been stand out players over the past weeks made errors that lead to the goals we conceaded. That appears to be the Manages fault, it is a sad reality that in our market place we are going to have Players with mistakes in them, thats not the Managers fault it is the tools he has to work with.

Sadly this who situation to me is turning into a witch hunt
Agreed, good post Chris.
dagger4eva

Hold up lets get real for a sec.
My comments about the lift (and dont forget the pizza) were slightly tounge in cheek.

Of course I wasnt having a GENUINE dig at the bloke for that - they were decent gestures that epitomise the kind of manager/players/supporters bond of yesteryear.

That said, I cant overlook the atrocious start to the season just because of it.

You make good points about him having to fill round holes with square pegs but thats only 1 game from 12 weve had a number of players out injured

Also, u keep mentioning people laying tonnes of blame at O'Brien for the equaliser. I may of overlooked it but im yet to see a SINGLE comment of blame aimed at him.
I think his change in fortunes since last season is fantastic despite having any resemblance of defence infront of him for the majority.
The goal yesterday was unlucky in the extreme so no problem whatsoever.
ARNU

Wayne has his little isms like all of us.He has to do the best with the budget and tools he has and Im totally sure we aint getting relegated while hes in charge.Even if it feels like it sometimes.How can it be his fault if Dikamona decides to catch the ball and give away a penalty or O'Brian knocks the ball in to an opposing players back and it bounces in the goal?? If the club tasked him with finishing in the playoffs and gave him the money to do it then that would be a different story.Hes actually tasked with finishing 22nd,anything else is a bonus.Last season we may well have had a point but this year it feels just a bit unfair on the bloke.

My only worry,and so it should be of the club itself is..How long do they think tasking and funding the manager to finish 22nd will keep us all interested ? The being a struggling Lg2 team all the time is hardly box office is it ? Aim your anger at the right people at least.I honestly think another manager might do it different but would still finish 22nd if he was lucky with the same budget/people etc...
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

"Hes actually tasked with finishing 22nd,anything else is a bonus."

When asked where he thinks they'll finish on Saturday night, Accrington Stanley (much lesser crowds & budget than us) manager John Coleman replied "I think we can go up automatic, I really do. If you keep going into every season saying you're just trying to avoid relegation, eventually you're going to get what you expect".
Funny how the hard luck,sob stories are ok for us yet not accy!

"How long do they think tasking and funding the manager to finish 22nd will keep us all interested ?"

Therein I think lies a big part of the problem that a very large % of the hardcore fanbase are already losing it - hence Wayne receives the backlash. The fact he's managed only about 5 exciting/entertaining games in his 2 odd year spell might've contributed to it too....
ARNU

Are you saying the club are demanding anything more than 22nd from Wayne then D4E ? From last years fans forum i thought that was set in stone.You don't like Wayne ,thats fine,annoys us all at times.Maybe Accy having a smaller budget would explain why they have 2 out of the last 3 seasons finished lower than us.They are on a run right now good luck to them but I don't think their manager will be rocking up at the Vic anytime soon.
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: The poor bloke dont seem to be getting a fair crack of the whip.
Hold up a second here.

We are in the relegation places. We haven't won at home all season. We just let two goal leads slip in successive league games. And it all comes off the back of an awful 2014. Crowds are steadily dropping. This is not the first incident of our management having altercations with the fans at games.

How much of a crack of the whip does Burnett need?
SUSSEX DAGGER

When has Wayne Burnett ever said that he is happy to finish 22nd every year ?

Another myth is all this bollocks about Accrington Stanley and the start they have made, another load of tosh.

In most Sporting events you are judged on where you finish not where you start.

Last few seasons Morecambe always appear to make a good start yet more often then not we finish above them.

With this logic I am off to have a chat with my bookie , the last two years the horse I backed has lead the Grand National after 2 miles.
dagger4eva

So you don’t agree it is refreshing for the manager of the least supported club in the entire Football League to say they aspire to more than just fighting against relegation each season and who’s aim is to gain promotion this season?

Will they achieve their aim? Possibly not – but it’s nice to tell the world you’re giving it a go!

As opposed to, we have no money, we have a billion injuries, we are only Dagenham & Redbridge, blah blah.
Only a few weeks more and you can also chuck in the old favourite ….. “we’ve had nowhere to train”
ARNU

dagger4eva wrote:So you don’t agree it is refreshing for the manager of the least supported club in the entire Football League to say they aspire to more than just fighting against relegation each season and who’s aim is to gain promotion this season?

Will they achieve their aim? Possibly not – but it’s nice to tell the world you’re giving it a go!

As opposed to, we have no money, we have a billion injuries, we are only Dagenham & Redbridge, blah blah.
Only a few weeks more and you can also chuck in the old favourite ….. “we’ve had nowhere to train”

I don't think Wayne is happy finishing 22nd,I think he wants the very best for all of us.Im just saying and I think Im right,the club have not being relegated as their main request of whoever manages them.That is totally understandable but while that is the bar we will always Im afraid be sitting at the arse end of the table unless we fluke a better position because their are worse clubs in the league.If the club seriously want wayne or whoever to achieve the playoffs they would have to fund it.They cant so we got what we got.You give the manager the money you will be able to demand more and you would probably get more.Catch 22 from what I can see and therefore a bit unfair on the manager.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
I don't think Wayne is happy finishing 22nd,I think he wants the very best for all of us.Im just saying and I think Im right,the club have not being relegated as their main request of whoever manages them.That is totally understandable but while that is the bar we will always Im afraid be sitting at the arse end of the table unless we fluke a better position because their are worse clubs in the league.If the club seriously want wayne or whoever to achieve the playoffs they would have to fund it.They cant so we got what we got.You give the manager the money you will be able to demand more and you would probably get more.Catch 22 from what I can see and therefore a bit unfair on the manager.
So when Stilly got us to 8th and then the Playoffs and League One (where we were a bit unlucky to go back down), did he had some magic pile of money to hand that funded that or did he just hire well and set the team up well tactically?

To be honest I don't really have ambitions to finish very high, just want to watch a committed team, with some kind of tactical plan, win a few games at home and entertain me.
Paul from Barking

ARNU wrote:
It won't be 22nd though, will it? It'll be 24th or put another way LAST. Enjoy the season, we're going down.
stanton101

Having been to most matches this season there's only two sides that have deserved to beat us Pompey and Orient, the rest have hardly set the world on fire! We've been our own worst enemy against most and let's face it some referees haven't helped us. We were missing at least five players on Saturday and still managed a draw! To apportion blame on one bloke is unfair, everyone at the club is to blame. The board for their constant lack of ambition, the manager and his staff and the players, have all helped to land us where we are. Even our own fans have let themselves down at times, I can understand frustrations boiling over we pay our money follow our team and have been let down, but chants of paedophiles and the hatred directed at certain people is unnecessary and quite frankly embarrassing. It's quite simple, if people are that pissed off with what's happening then don't go, they've had your money already so it doesn't matter in the great scheme of things. I'll be there on Saturday, and will continue to do so, it's what being a fan is all about.
ARNU

Paul from Barking wrote:
ARNU wrote:
It won't be 22nd though, will it? It'll be 24th or put another way LAST. Enjoy the season, we're going down.
I don't think we'll finish near the top but we wont be relegated, and whats more Burnett would have achieved the goal set for him yet again.I reckon 15th or 16th and that'll be quite respectable with this current squad.
Mark

I'm not sure how anyone can say we'll stay up just because we did it a couple of times before. You can't keep throwing away 6 months of the season and playing a get out of jail card. Eventually your luck will run out.

It doesn't take piles of money to create a fairly settled and organised side who battle for everything with players suited to the style and division.

Instead we are disorganised, with random team selections, poor tactics, and too many players who can't match up to the physical demands. Most of Wayne's tenure has been this way and boring to boot.
Mike the Dagger

Mark wrote:I'm not sure how anyone can say we'll stay up just because we did it a couple of times before. You can't keep throwing away 6 months of the season and playing a get out of jail card. Eventually your luck will run out.

It doesn't take piles of money to create a fairly settled and organised side who battle for everything with players suited to the style and division.

Instead we are disorganised, with random team selections, poor tactics, and too many players who can't match up to the physical demands. Most of Wayne's tenure has been this way and boring to boot.
^^^^^ this