Another signing

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/d ... 36795.aspx

And Scott Mitchell is in the squad for tomorrow.
admin
Site Admin

Have we got some form of agreement with QPR? We seem to making a few loan signings from them
Lcbdagger

Will this one actually get a league start?
SUSSEX DAGGER

admin wrote:Have we got some form of agreement with QPR? We seem to making a few loan signings from them
We have a Person with good connections who everybody wants to sack.

This Lad is very promising and I for one are proud that we give these kids a chance.
dagger4eva

These QPR / other teams' kids a chance you mean....

We constantly laud our amazing academy but who has been given a chance from it so far?

Jodi Jones - an exceptional talent

Connors - meh

Blackwood (I think was his name) - played about 10 mins at the end of a thrashing, never to be seen again.

Rightiooooo
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
admin wrote:Have we got some form of agreement with QPR? We seem to making a few loan signings from them

This Lad is very promising and I for one are proud that we give these kids a chance.
One win and now you want him to stay Sussex, fickle.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:

One win and now you want him to stay Sussex, fickle.

Please show me exactly where my previous post has changed my mind . In the In/out poll i voted in because of the success they have had in recent seasons.

Only voted that way because there was not a maybe option.

Think you should look up the definition of fickle, tomorrow i am driving down to Yeovil, today i have booked a hotel room for York because i will go on supporting the team regardless of who is in charge or who plays for it despite having reservations about both.

My support is unconditional unlike yours that might make me an idiot bit it dont make ne fickle.
OBD

Fan-tastic!
@OfficialBigDave
mickeyblue

Lol awesome

I also like the fact we blood youngsters but all managers at our club would tbh don't have much choice.

Burnett does get ok loan players tho I've give him credit there
but we finished 9th!
admin
Site Admin

Can never fault Sussex's dedication to the club, it's incredible considering he lives no where near Dagenham and has no original ties to the area.

However no offence Sussex but you appear to change your mind on Burnett a lot.
SUSSEX DAGGER

admin wrote:Can never fault Sussex's dedication to the club, it's incredible considering he lives no where near Dagenham and has no original ties to the area.

I would like Ferguson in charge and Messi in the team but I am never going to get it am I.

Somebody said earlier that it would cost 150K to sack the Manager and his Staff , if we had £150 k I don't think we would even be having this conversation because that money could have been invested in the team and it would not be as poor as it is both looking and performing.

That £150 k could have seen Doe , Abu and Billy staying by making them offers they would have to consider , we did not do it because we never had it
and if we never had it then we are dam as hell not going to have it now are we.

The harsh facts are these ,we do not have the resources to revisit a decision that was made in March/April last year. We are stuck with the Manager so I might as well put up with it and get behind the team .

We do not have the resources to change the Playing Staff that have been recruited so I might as well put up with it and get behind the team.

Am I happy at our current plight, obviously I am not

If we had the money to make these drastic decisions and could still have a bit left over for the wage budget to strengthen the team then I would say go ahead, but as I said if money like that was available this debate would not even be happening.

As me old Mum would say " when you make your bed then you have to sleep in it"

We made our bed a long time ago , we had one dart at it and it looks like we are struggling to hit the board let alone the bullseye.

All I can do is get behind the Manager and Team , if I had the option of changing both probably I would, but we don't because the economics don't allow it.
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
admin wrote:Can never fault Sussex's dedication to the club, it's incredible considering he lives no where near Dagenham and has no original ties to the area.

I would like Ferguson in charge and Messi in the team but I am never going to get it am I.

Somebody said earlier that it would cost 150K to sack the Manager and his Staff , if we had £150 k I don't think we would even be having this conversation because that money could have been invested in the team and it would not be as poor as it is both looking and performing.

That £150 k could have seen Doe , Abu and Billy staying by making them offers they would have to consider , we did not do it because we never had it
and if we never had it then we are dam as hell not going to have it now are we.

The harsh facts are these ,we do not have the resources to revisit a decision that was made in March/April last year. We are stuck with the Manager so I might as well put up with it and get behind the team .

We do not have the resources to change the Playing Staff that have been recruited so I might as well put up with it and get behind the team.

Am I happy at our current plight, obviously I am not

If we had the money to make these drastic decisions and could still have a bit left over for the wage budget to strengthen the team then I would say go ahead, but as I said if money like that was available this debate would not even be happening.

As me old Mum would say " when you make your bed then you have to sleep in it"

We made our bed a long time ago , we had one dart at it and it looks like we are struggling to hit the board let alone the bullseye.

All I can do is get behind the Manager and Team , if I had the option of changing both probably I would, but we don't because the economics don't allow it.
The sad thing is Sussex we are not a poor as people lead you to believe. Our budget is not amongst the bottom four or five. We had a budget of £1.5m in league one and a turnover of £2.5m so don't believe all this crap about budgets its excuses fed out by a manager who is simply just not good enough.
ARNU

It is both possible to find fault in the manager and be behind him.I certainly wanted him out most of last season but the way he put up with the stick(Not always very well I'll add) and got us out of danger when most would have folded showed character that previous to that I thought was lacking. Every year we get a new team,every year they start off shite while they gel and somewhere near the end of the season with a few tweaks we end up safe.Thats all the club are asking for from Burnett.They have no roght to ask anymore than that as they cannot and will not back him with an open ended chequebook.I don't like that either but there you have it.

The club ask Burnett to not get relegated,Burnett keeps us up what more can you realisticly ask of him without funding ? Maybe its well past time some people with unrealistic targets got off this ride and went and supported Barcelona or something.A right which all of us have by the way.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:It is both possible to find fault in the manager and be behind him.I certainly wanted him out most of last season but the way he put up with the stick(Not always very well I'll add) and got us out of danger when most would have folded showed character that previous to that I thought was lacking. Every year we get a new team,every year they start off shite while they gel and somewhere near the end of the season with a few tweaks we end up safe.Thats all the club are asking for from Burnett.They have no roght to ask anymore than that as they cannot and will not back him with an open ended chequebook.I don't like that either but there you have it.

The club ask Burnett to not get relegated,Burnett keeps us up what more can you realisticly ask of him without funding ? Maybe its well past time some people with unrealistic targets got off this ride and went and supported Barcelona or something.A right which all of us have by the way.
Johns Still lost half of his best team one season and yet that season we went up, it can be done but with the right man at the helm.

Listening to Thommo the full interview just now on BBC London was embarrassing his small budgets and were happy to stay up attitude is just wrong. If like he said Wayne got a new contract because we finished 9th and 13th the last two seasons then surely he should not sound so smug with our current predicament. He believes 100% we won't get relegated, oh dear.
leewilson

Diggerthedog wrote:
ARNU wrote:It is both possible to find fault in the manager and be behind him.I certainly wanted him out most of last season but the way he put up with the stick(Not always very well I'll add) and got us out of danger when most would have folded showed character that previous to that I thought was lacking. Every year we get a new team,every year they start off shite while they gel and somewhere near the end of the season with a few tweaks we end up safe.Thats all the club are asking for from Burnett.They have no roght to ask anymore than that as they cannot and will not back him with an open ended chequebook.I don't like that either but there you have it.

Johns Still lost half of his best team one season and yet that season we went up, it can be done but with the right man at the helm.

Listening to Thommo the full interview just now on BBC London was embarrassing his small budgets and were happy to stay up attitude is just wrong. If like he said Wayne got a new contract because we finished 9th and 13th the last two seasons then surely he should not sound so smug with our current predicament. He believes 100% we won't get relegated, oh dear.
We lost Foster, Strevens and Saunders (and Griffiths in November time). However, we retained Robbo, Arber, Benson and Gain which was the spine of our success. Still recruited well in the wide areas that Summer/Autumn along with Doe at CB. Wayne has lost Doe, Ogogo and Bingham all from the centre. That is a lot harder to replace.