Suggestion Time

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Ok, so we’ve had a few days of ranting & raving (well, I have at least)
We’ve had a ‘petition’ / decently worded rant that has had the backing of over 200 people

Sussex’s last post got me thinking – dangerous that, I know.

The common theme of late seems to be, there is no enjoyment / entertainment anymore at games and there is a major disconnect between fans and players/staff.
Obviously, things will always mostly boil down to results on the pitch but that aside, how about some CONSTRUCTIVE ideas & suggestions you would put to the board, who as stated are decent, open minded people, in order to remedy some of the above.

I’ll get the ball rolling with a VERY simple, VERY easy to run suggestion that has been mentioned numerous times and never materialised.
An on the pitch, Half Time activity getting either the kids or adults involved.
Start printing a ‘lucky number’ on the back of each programme. Two numbers are drawn and those people compete with each other, doing something like circle round a chair 20 times before dribbling a ball up the pitch and scoring a goal. 1st to win get a £20 voucher to use in the club shop.
Or could have a penalty shootout with Digger the Dog in goal.

On the pitch, I'd definitely go along with Sussex's suggestion's that Boucard is removed as Captain and post-match interview duties are given to Currie with immediate effect.

Over to you…..
speedy

Great idea. Only trouble is I think half the players take part in the first bit but without the chair!
Diggerthedog

I say all of us Fans, Management, Players and board get together and have a good old knee's up in the large main hall and start all over again.
Auntie Merge

speedy wrote:Great idea. Only trouble is I think half the players take part in the first bit but without the chair!
Coffee on keyboard moment.
Chigwellian

Pin the tail on the donkey.... Any suggestions who the donkey can be?
Mike the Dagger

It really is as simple as the team showing some guts and effort, having some kind of tactical idea and maybe even, radically, winning the odd game at home.

Anything else is gimmicks and window dressing.
ARNU

I like the lucky number idea,but how can you make sure that the number is on one that is actually sold ?

I cant imagine a half time show would make any difference to peoples attitudes to constant losing,poor performance etc but it would liven up an otherwise rather boring 15 minutes.

Stick a roof over you know where and a few seats in the sieve as there is a lot of dead space over there these days.I upgrade quite regularly to the carling as Im too lazy to stand and fall asleep.

Wayne should move back into the home dugout though.Take the stick rather than bottle it to the one he's in now.That gesture alone I think was the single most disconnecting act of this current regime.

Dave the plumber,Im still mystified at his total anonymity and although I have great respect for Thommo it has been noticed he dosent do his walks like he used to.Dont blame him as things haven't been good for a while.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !