Connors.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

I think the boy done good the other night.Id like to see him in midfield too.he played a game or two there in pre season and im told he did ok.Maybe Wayne can drop Ferdinand and give Jack a go.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

One thing about Connors is plenty of heart, not the most gifted of players but will always give 100% from what I've seen and that in itself is exactly what we need. I get the impression with him that if he was asked to play anywhere he'd have a go and your correct Arnu he did ok against County. I'd give him try.
SUSSEX DAGGER

He did do ok tge other night, judt our luck that we lose him again soon to international duty. So if there is a problem with Passley the Hoyre arrangement is handy
Phippo

Sorry, he is just not good enough.
mickeyblue

Phippo wrote:Sorry, he is just not good enough.
give reasons?

he was 1 that came out of tuesday night with a plus and was out of position. stilly had a saying, the player isnt ready, maybe he is ready this year?.
no way he gets in instead of widdowson tho as he been decent but he done more in 1 game than ive seen passley do all season.
but we finished 9th!
Phippo

mickeyblue wrote:
Phippo wrote:Sorry, he is just not good enough.
give reasons?

he was 1 that came out of tuesday night with a plus and was out of position. stilly had a saying, the player isnt ready, maybe he is ready this year?.
no way he gets in instead of widdowson tho as he been decent but he done more in 1 game than ive seen passley do all season.
I'm surprised you are inviting me to give reasons that are pretty obvious to see! If he improves significantly (if given games), then I will be happy to acknowledge the fact. Currently too hit and miss for my liking.
Lcbdagger

Yes he did ok the other day, but the comments in this thread thus far only highlight what deep dog doodoo we are in this season... even considering playing him out of position because others are performing so poorly?? Had bags of heart and determination the last two seasons... just very little skill and terribly low on confidence after he has missed a couple of tackles in a game. His heart has also lead to a sending off or two when he can't reign himself in after a yellow
mickeyblue

Conners is young and been playing pro footy maybe a year or 2 early

Before kick off on Tuesday all I was hearing was oh Conners in that's it we doomed and even did very well despite all the experts around me saying he was shit e.

I just don't think he deserves the crap he gets considering effort put in especially from people who clearly have never kicked a ball before.

1 game this season and he still some people's scapegoat Imo it's harsh
but we finished 9th!
Diggerthedog

Agree with Mickey here, Jack is still very young and has never let himself down effort wise like some of the socalled experienced players we currently have. He is thrown in and out the team and now in a different position. Would like to see him given a Prelonged chance in the team at left back. He is certainly no worse than Widdowson.