Give Us Some Hope

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DI Mike Dashwood

So, although last night's performance was better, it was still not great was it?? But what was more striking was the crowd/atmosphere. There was barely any of either!!

Things are flat, and without being overly critical of those at the Club, they are only going to get worse in the short term. The chances of a sub 1,000 crowd at some stage must be shortening.

Other threads have said we need to do something to liven things up and create some atmosphere and positivity, and I agree.

So, if Wayne leaves (which I am not saying he should or shouldn't in this thread), then I would urge the board to appoint Hope Powell as the new boss.

I can see people laughing, rolling eyes or looking annoyed, but I am being serious. Back in the days of our cup exploits we got media coverage (TV and written press), we attracted more local people to the Club through this, and we built up a sense of uniqueness and excitement. Bringing in someone like Hope Powell would do this. Not only this, but I reckon technically and tactically she would be just as good as our current set up, and just as good as a number of other people who would be candidates.

Now, she would not have experience in areas such as the transfer market, but someone could be appointed on a part time/consultancy basis to assist with this side of things (Peter Taylor maybe) while she builds up this knowledge.

The Club used to do innovative things to move forward and develop, but in recent Years this has stopped, and this is why we are sliding towards sub 1,000 crowds and the Conference at a fair rate of knots.

What would we have to lose from such a move??
Mark

Don't really fancy her tbh. I watched a lot of England under her watch and felt she often picked favourites over better players, didn't have much tactical nous, and made some ill advised comments in the press. The last two could easily be applied to our current boss!
Mike the Dagger

Mark wrote:Don't really fancy her tbh. I watched a lot of England under her watch and felt she often picked favourites over better players, didn't have much tactical nous, and made some ill advised comments in the press. The last two could easily be applied to our current boss!
Sounds like no change at all then ;)
Lcbdagger

Mark wrote:Don't really fancy her tbh. I watched a lot of England under her watch and felt she often picked favourites over better players, didn't have much tactical nous, and made some ill advised comments in the press. The last two could easily be applied to our current boss!
Did she ignore defeats against poor sides and then lay in to the girls as hopeless wastes of space after a decent win??