Still no wins at home

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Ha ha yes mate... its all my fault :)

Anyway, just got back home - you can all sleep well tonight knowing you can be proud of your team... apparently :) :)

Ciao ciao
ARNU

Mark wrote:Ayo just watched the runner for their goal and made little effort to get back. Not good enough.
Connors shouted to Ayo "Inside Inside" Ayo stood there and there guy went inside then scored.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

Mike the Dagger wrote:Lovely dinner in the City. Much else happening?
I had a quiet evening in, catching up on some paperwork.

I listened to Wayne's post match interview.
'Their players are better than ours.... Their players are better than ours'

FFS. If everyone thought like that over the years we'd be languishing at the bottom of the Ryman league.
Every club has players better than each other; all those years we had those cup runs under Garry Hill, other clubs, football league clubs had players better than ours, we nearly beat Premier League Charlton FFS, who had a whole team of players better than ours, but we had spirit, we fought and we had managers who taught the players to raise their game, knew how to motivate a team, and play above their level of ability, not to lower themselves to the lowest possible common denominator. And we had managers who believed in the club, who built rapport with the supporters, and who never used radio interviews to slag us off.
Time to go Wayne, time to go.

BURNETT OUT.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

dagger4eva wrote:https://audioboom.com/boos/3634275-wayn ... -dag_redfc

Here ya go....

Love the bit that only 2 games ever have the players not given him everything. Stevenage at home and Barnet on Saturday.
Obviously forgotton about that "pathetic" 2-0 home WIN.

LOL
For ******'s sake, I've been to 4 games in the last year and 2 of those were those 2.
The Romford Dagger

Thought that after watching the Newport game, I wouldn't see a worse half of errr football? First half tonight was awful. Terrible.

Thought our best players were o brien, connors, dikamona, and also of course Jones (although he often turns around and then plays a loose pass) was a constant flairy threat.

Did anyone else see after about 15 minutes Connors sorta shh our fans when a few in the sieve booed ferdinand? A couple of guys in front noticed it as well. Whilst I agree it aint the most sensible idea probably booing a 20 year old when he touches the ball, connors wont be popular if he does that again in a different scenario.
lupins

If he did that then good on him though I don't expect the morons booing will take much notice

They are not supporters in my book but arsey juveniles

Ferdinand made a couple of errors tonight which could have been costly but not once did he hide and in fact I thought overall was one of our better players. A lot of what he does defensively especially goes unnoticed

I went to Barnet and I agree it was a dismal effort with nothing to recommend it but how quickly the supporters turned was an even worse performance in my opinion. You can talk all night about who should be motivating who. Is it supporters get the Team going or the other way round? I would argue there is a clue in the word supporter but with our lot, forget it.
SUSSEX DAGGER

lupins wrote:If he did that then good on him though I don't expect the morons booing will take much notice

Ferdinand made a couple of errors tonight which could have been costly but not once did he hide and in fact I thought overall was one of our better players. A lot of what he does defensively especially goes unnoticed

I went to Barnet and I agree it was a dismal effort with nothing to recommend it but how quickly the supporters turned was an even worse performance in my opinion. You can talk all night about who should be motivating who. Is it supporters get the Team going or the other way round? I would argue there is a clue in the word supporter but with our lot, forget it.
At least 300 did tonight and I dare say a lot of them had already paid, was late getting there myself and as I got off the Tube I still only took a leisurely stroll .

At the moment I am suffering from Man Flu but let me assure you it was nothing to do with my ailments that was making my eyes stream because that first half would have brought tears to a glass eye. If the first 10 minutes were anything like the next 35 then I doubt if I missed anything.

The first impression I got as I turned into Victoria Road was is there a game on such was the eerily silence, the whole place needs a lift and the whole thing is getting depressing.

A wonderful performance from the Goalkeeper saved us from another pasting tonight, well done and take a bow because in my opinion other then the goal that was the only bright light on a very dull Christmas tree.

The thing they I find absolutely staggering is I look at the League table tonight and see that if we had held out against Wycombe and beaten two very poor teams in Stevenage and Newport we would be three points of a play off position tonight and they say the league don't lie.

Its only 3 goals that is preventing it from telling an absolute whooper.
leewilson

lupins wrote:If he did that then good on him though I don't expect the morons booing will take much notice

This. It's completely pathetic. He made a 'ssssh' gesture to one fan who was ripping into him and everyone takes offence. Whilst he was poor Saturday, there were 2-3 worse than him. He has actually done ok in his short time here and although it's not saying much, has been our best option in CM. A group of 'children' (and some babyish adults) booing him shouldn't bother him but it bothered me how petulant some people can be when actually we're in dire need of trying to spur the players on at the moment.
Richie

leewilson wrote:

This. It's completely pathetic. He made a 'ssssh' gesture to one fan who was ripping into him and everyone takes offence. Whilst he was poor Saturday, there were 2-3 worse than him. He has actually done ok in his short time here and although it's not saying much, has been our best option in CM. A group of 'children' (and some babyish adults) booing him shouldn't bother him but it bothered me how petulant some people can be when actually we're in dire need of trying to spur the players on at the moment.
Agreed. Was saying this last night. He's just the current scapegoat, nowhere near as bad as people make out.
DI Mike Dashwood

Morning Folks,

Well, make of that what you will.

Lets all be honest, it was an improvement on Saturday!! First half though was very poor. I genuinely can't remember anything happening. I spent most of the half chatting to people about glorious Tuesday nights of the past at the Vic, and analysing what went wrong in the cricket season as the football was so dull. County were not brilliant, but were by far the better side both technically and in terms of energy and urgency.

Second half, even before the goal, we were better, much better. Just in terms of energy and closing down players and upping the tempo it was a lot better. We got the goal, created one or two other half chances and Ash was unlucky with his effort. We should not forget though that they hit the post, had a pen saved and in the last 10 minutes looked far more likely to win it. BUT, it was an improvement, I think we can all admit??

I can't be bothered going through individual players, everyone has different views on that, but O'Brien was good again and I think Wayne has maybe got that call right, even though none of us thought it at the time??

And booing our own players is bad darts in my eyes. Very West Ham 1990s, not very Dagenham.
Lcbdagger

The fact we are genuinly debating Ferdinand being our 'best option in CM' suggests that we are two if not three players short in that department this season... makes a tackle here and there but offers nothing going forward which does nothing for team balance when we already have Boucard (presumably) in the team to play as a defensive minded midfielder.
OBD

1st half we weren't any worse than County.

2nd half we were the better side.

Much improvement on Saturday and plenty of reason for optimism for the weekend in my books.
@OfficialBigDave
stanton101

Personally I think Ferdinand has done no better or worse than most of our players this season. When the crowd got behind the team last night after the goal, we did perform better and some modicum of confidence came back to our players, sure enough we had Liam to thank for keeping us in it, but it was noticeable how players went looking for the ball rather than shy away from it when we got back on level terms. If we can take the last 20 minutes or so from last night in to Saturday's match against Mansfield we have a chance of earning our first home win of the season. Here's hoping.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Just another thing that needs explaining. We have on the field a young lad who scored a goal Saturday from a
free kick in and around the area that we won one last night.

Now instead of giving him his head the Centre half , who i have now seen take a few in the exact same position and failed to clear the wall on each occassion , appeared to pull rank as yoing Jodi clearly fancied it.

Another example of a stronger Captain needed in such situations.

Anybody else notice it as i found it a bit strange.
The Romford Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Just another thing that needs explaining. We have on the field a young lad who scored a goal Saturday from a
free kick in and around the area that we won one last night.

Now instead of giving him his head the Centre half , who i have now seen take a few in the exact same position and failed to clear the wall on each occassion , appeared to pull rank as yoing Jodi clearly fancied it.

Another example of a stronger Captain needed in such situations.

Anybody else notice it as i found it a bit strange.
I noticed this also Sussex. Jodi was clearly not amused either