JUST IMAGINE .......

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Talking of crocks of shit ....... if we should happen to find ourselves in the fortunate position of having to find a new manager any time soon - this delightful man is now a free agent.

Mike the Dagger

I'd burn my season ticket.

The chances of him going anywhere that didn't have a pile of cash for him to use (in some manner) is less than zero.
Diggerthedog

Brentford manager also sacked.........C'mon Thommo pull the trigger :roll: :roll:
stanton101

That would be the final straw for me.
DaggerJoel11

I would be infuriated. It was bad enough signing criminals Joss Labadie & Partridge, but this would truly diminish our reputation.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Diggerthedog

This would never happen because the current one will never be sacked.
dagger4eva

I shouldn't worry - as much as we all hate him I think the feeling is probably mutual and doubt he'd want to manage us even if we were willing to up his current salary x10 :lol:
leewilson

The club would never appoint Evans. If they did, they would see crowds rapidly dwindle into 3 figures. I for one would not attend if Evans was manager of Dagenham.
ARNU

Innit funny how Im urged to forgive Footballing drunk drive murderers,footballers who are rapists and footballer thugs by the very same people who excuse all those things yet think a bloke who passed around a few brown envelopes is somehow the anti christ.Get some sense of proportion I say.We probably wouldnt be sniffing around bottom place every year if evans did get a go.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:Innit funny how Im urged to forgive Footballing drunk drive murderers,footballers who are rapists and footballer thugs by the very same people who excuse all those things yet think a bloke who passed around a few brown envelopes is somehow the anti christ.Get some sense of proportion I say.We probably wouldnt be sniffing around bottom place every year if evans did get a go.
Evans is overrated big time, he has had Millions to spend everywhere he has managed and that is is only reason for success pretty much the same as Jose Mourinho. Given no money they would fail big time no matter what level.

When your not around to witness what actually happened all them years ago you will never fully understand why he is so hated. There was much more to it then bunging.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:
ARNU wrote:Innit funny how Im urged to forgive Footballing drunk drive murderers,footballers who are rapists and footballer thugs by the very same people who excuse all those things yet think a bloke who passed around a few brown envelopes is somehow the anti christ.Get some sense of proportion I say.We probably wouldnt be sniffing around bottom place every year if evans did get a go.
Evans is overrated big time, he has had Millions to spend everywhere he has managed and that is is only reason for success pretty much the same as Jose Mourinho. Given no money they would fail big time no matter what level.

When your not around to witness what actually happened all them years ago you will never fully understand why he is so hated. There was much more to it then bunging.
Hated,really !!
So hated that if you or anyone else met him in the street you'd do what exactly ? Nothing,possibly call him a name.Theres hate for ya.What did he do again ? How old were you at the time when you built up all this hate ? I honestly cant believe anyone really hates him,or has let that episode ruin their lives forever and a day.Its all football bravado.Who's to say if that daggers team had gone up they'd have lasted as long as the one that went up.Your hatred should be aimed at the Fa and the authorities who allowed boston to go up rather than Evans.If it really is actual hate,which i doubt.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote: Evans is overrated big time, he has had Millions to spend everywhere he has managed and that is is only reason for success pretty much the same as Jose Mourinho. Given no money they would fail big time no matter what level.

Hated,really !!
So hated that if you or anyone else met him in the street you'd do what exactly ? Nothing,possibly call him a name.Theres hate for ya.What did he do again ? How old were you at the time when you built up all this hate ? I honestly cant believe anyone really hates him,or has let that episode ruin their lives forever and a day.Its all football bravado.Who's to say if that daggers team had gone up they'd have lasted as long as the one that went up.Your hatred should be aimed at the Fa and the authorities who allowed boston to go up rather than Evans.If it really is actual hate,which i doubt.
http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... id=8324597

Yep, hated. The only time since that he has been back to Victoria Road was one of the most toxic atmospheres ever at the club, and given we unexpectedly battered Rotherham that day, the feeling went from top to bottom of the club.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:

Hated,really !!
So hated that if you or anyone else met him in the street you'd do what exactly ? Nothing,possibly call him a name. Theres hate for ya.What did he do again ? How old were you at the time when you built up all this hate ? I honestly cant believe anyone really hates him,or has let that episode ruin their lives forever and a day.Its all football bravado.Who's to say if that daggers team had gone up they'd have lasted as long as the one that went up.Your hatred should be aimed at the Fa and the authorities who allowed boston to go up rather than Evans.If it really is actual hate,which i doubt.
Hated? yes of course he is, if I saw him the the street I would probably vomit. How old was I when this all happened? what has that go to do with it? i would have been about 21. He was hated by many fans of lower league football around that time not just daggers fans. It is Hate Arnu you just simply don't understand.
ARNU

I do understand but i doubt you actually hate him.Hate is quite an emotive word.Do you hate him as much as Ian Huntley or those pair of ***** that killed Lee Rigby ? Now maybe you do but if thats the case then id suggest you lack a sense of proportion.I asked your age because i have been called out on this before by people who were 10 years old at the time.Not sure of your age but 21 would suggest to me you were able to make an informed cecision at least.
OBD

I see this thread has taken a detour through pedants corner.

I love a lot of things in life.

I hate a lot of things in life.

Would I be happy to see Steve Evans as Dagenham manager? Not particularly.
@OfficialBigDave