Attendance Tuesday

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

A lot of people yesterday saying they won't be bothering with Tuesday night and who can blame them. We took 330 fans to Barnet which is poor years ago it would have been minimum 500. Think the board have a massive decision to make regarding the manager because the can't keep covering up attendances with free tickets.

Talk of people gardening and making cakes instead of going should be a smack in the face wake up call for the board. Less than 1200 home fans Tuesday.....quick Thommo give out some freebies....
Mick

Feeling sad to even think it..........but Tuesdays match could well be the last game l see this season. :cry:
Mark

It isn't just the results keeping people away, it is the way we play and the increasing disconnect between the management / some of the players, and the fans.

There's no excitement on offer unless Jones plays. Maybe Zav can give us some too when he's back to 100%. Keeping the ball in our own half is my idea of an insomnia cure and I'm sure many others agree. I don't necessarily want us to bang it in the channels all day but there has to be a point to the passing. All we do is move the ball slowly and put ourselves under pressure resulting in a shanked clearance.

Some of the things that have gone on in the last couple of years don't help. Signing people with baggage like Labadie and Partridge, letting fans favourites like Femi and Howell leave, seeing people like Doe rather go and play for a bottom half conference side, the incidents with Hackett and now Ferdinand, Wayne being a tit in the press, signing idiots like Porter and others who don't put a shift in.

I can't see how we'll ever get back to 2000+ through the gate with this management team.
dagger4eva

Just dawned on me I wont be there myself but only as im on a free work jolly at the emirates for Arsenal/Olympiakos.

I cant say im overly be disappointed to be missing out though to tell the truth.

Not sure my stomach could take seeing that pillowcase again lol
Mick

It isn't just the results keeping people away, it is the way we play and the increasing disconnect between the management / some of the players, and the fans.

Yep....that says it all.
redboy

The fans sung yesterday 'we're not Dagenham anymore' which says it all. No fighting spirit, no ambition, no drive, no effort, no hope! I assume the board could here from the Directors box!
Adrian

Mark wrote:It isn't just the results keeping people away, it is the way we play and the increasing disconnect between the management / some of the players, and the fans.

There's no excitement on offer unless Jones plays. Maybe Zav can give us some too when he's back to 100%. Keeping the ball in our own half is my idea of an insomnia cure and I'm sure many others agree. I don't necessarily want us to bang it in the channels all day but there has to be a point to the passing. All we do is move the ball slowly and put ourselves under pressure resulting in a shanked clearance.

Some of the things that have gone on in the last couple of years don't help. Signing people with baggage like Labadie and Partridge, letting fans favourites like Femi and Howell leave, seeing people like Doe rather go and play for a bottom half conference side, the incidents with Hackett and now Ferdinand, Wayne being a tit in the press, signing idiots like Porter and others who don't put a shift in.

I can't see how we'll ever get back to 2000+ through the gate with this management team.
Very much this.I watched us relegated from the Conference and it was more enjoyable than most of he last couple of seasons have been.

I won't be there Tuesday. I can't do Tuesdays any more. Well I could do the second half but can't see much point.
ARNU

Anyone think changing dug outs at home was a bit like the team/management saying we cant bear to be near our fans on match days too ? Yes the connection between club and fan has all but gone now.Its like a loveless marriage.Even Thommo dosent seem to do his walk around anymore,always used to mingle with the fans.Last time I saw him in the sieve he was getting stick over Burnett last season.Same both ways though,well in my case anyway.I actually look forward to seeing Femi come back with York and made sure I had a quick chat with Medi last Saturday.Basically Im more pleased to see the ex daggers as they still acknowledge you and seem to appreciate us in some small way.You know full well if Robbo Doey or Benson walked towards you in the street they'd probably say hello first.This current shower would probably give you the middle finger.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

ARNU wrote:Anyone think changing dug outs at home was a bit like the team/management saying we cant bear to be near our fans on match days too ?
Most definitely this. Wayne was not getting any abuse from the supporters behind him when he moved.

Mick wrote:It isn't just the results keeping people away, it is the way we play and the increasing disconnect between the management / some of the players, and the fans.

Yep....that says it all.
This so much.

I am doubtful for Tuesday as I'm in the office that day. I'm not going to break my back to get to the ground. Yesterday I stayed at home at did housework. After last week v Newport, watching paint dry is more entertaining that watching us play. Barnet has always been an away game I've gone to but I'm am so turned off by my team.

This perpetual back passing from just by the half way line is pathetic instead of attack, attack, attack.

I actually looked at the Internet this morning hoping for one second I would see a press release from the club saying Wayne had gone. Why on EARTH did we give him a 2 year contract? He is not up to the job.
Auntie Merge

Am feeling even more depressed knowing that the attendance at Boreham Wood was 351 yesterday. Scott Doe would much rather play there than play for us.

BURNETT OUT.
Diggerthedog

Doey was offered same money to play part time it was his decision.

Just goes to show people already finding simple excuses to not go Tuesday, I'm washin my hair :lol:
Auntie Merge

Boreham Wood have recently gone full time.
http://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.u ... es-a-week/
OBD

All depends on work for me. I won't have an idea until Tuesday morning.

If I don't go then it will be the 1st home game (barring 1 or 2 ESC games) I would have missed since me and the missus started coming over Dagenham.

Frankly, I'm looking forward to working Tuesday more than football.
@OfficialBigDave