Prediction v Pompey

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

Well it's finally come around, our first match versus Portsmouth is almost upon us. It's fair to say we go there as massive underdogs, as Pompey have spent quite a lot on their squad. That can work both ways, they'll either hit the ground running or it'll take them time to gel, hopefully!
I'm going for the latter, what say you?

Pompey 1 Daggers 2
Tubbs. JC, Hemmings

Att 17, 241
mickeyblue

Lose 4-3
Defense is pants our only chance is to go for goals
but we finished 9th!
ThatRoundThing

We are not known for winning an opening fixture so.... Pompey 2 Daggers 1
OBD

3-0 loss but a good day out
@OfficialBigDave
Diggerthedog

0-0 205 daggers in a home sell out.
Mikins

Different season same score, we'll go down 0-3.
Sorry about your damn luck!
bearaab

Mikins wrote:Different season same score, we'll go down 0-3.
A S dagger97

Pompey 3-1 Daggers
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
PaulHornchurch

Well all the pressure is on Portsmouth. One of the favs for promotion. New Manager, New Players, sell out home crowd against little old Dag & Red.

Our boys should be buzzing after Monday's effort and as Wayne said last night we have nothing to lose.

Gk on form, 2 good fb's, Nyron and a French U21 poss at CH. Andre and Matt midfield, shame Frankie and Zav are out, but choices with Jodi, Matt, 2 Ashley's, Jamie, Christian up top.

Gone Dag & Red win, both teams to score
Auntie Merge

I'm going to the game. Should be bringing my nephew.

Therefore the result will be Portsmouth 0 Daggers 6

Enjoy ;)
Dagdale

Really can't see us getting much here, Tubbs seems to be firing on all cylinders and with all the expectations of the home crowd and first one of the season packed to the rafters the chimes will probably be deafning but we should have, being a Saturday at last a pretty good away end and maybe just rise to it and sneak a point. Last season there first half we were bloody good and pretty unlucky not to take a good lead so it seems we've been waiting a bit now for things to change. Havn't managed a home friendly this term so anybody else going without a match ticket? hear its no probs on turnstile though.
Diggerthedog

Dagdale wrote:Really can't see us getting much here, Tubbs seems to be firing on all cylinders and with all the expectations of the home crowd and first one of the season packed to the rafters the chimes will probably be deafning but we should have, being a Saturday at last a pretty good away end and maybe just rise to it and sneak a point. Last season there first half we were bloody good and pretty unlucky not to take a good lead so it seems we've been waiting a bit now for things to change. Havn't managed a home friendly this term so anybody else going without a match ticket? hear its no probs on turnstile though.
Had to queue up for ages to get a ticket last time, you can't buy on gate have to go to the ticket office with all the Pompey fans. Given its almost a sell out in their end get one well before kick off.
ARNU

ThatRoundThing wrote:We are not known for winning an opening fixture so.... Pompey 2 Daggers 1
Crewe Alexandra away 1st game of season we went up is the only one I can remember.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Pondfield Dagger

i still remember the 6-0 opening day win at home to chester, what a free kick from Dom green......
Lcbdagger

The heart says a 1-1 draw after the last two friendlies... If I was putting money it though I'm concerned we get 'big team fever'like the last two years and don't turn up... Tubbs will be flying