Scott Doe

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
bearaab

Football is a job at the end of the day, one with a limited lifespan. Why not make as much money as you can? Let's face it, he's never going to be a championship player. Ambition is one thing when you're taking home thousands of pounds a week and you have no money worries but when you're at this level you need to take what you can get rather than worry about what some fans may think. He might be think as mince for all we know and after he retires have no prospects whatsoever, in which case he needs to get some savings ASAP.
leewilson

ARNU wrote:Guaranteed start,probably better money,less pressure,no temperamental manager that drops him for giving away a penalty or tells him hes shit after a 3-1 home win,and hes got a few mates there. Good luck to him.Daggers legend.
Oh please, get the violins out.
ARNU

leewilson wrote:
ARNU wrote:Guaranteed start,probably better money,less pressure,no temperamental manager that drops him for giving away a penalty or tells him hes shit after a 3-1 home win,and hes got a few mates there. Good luck to him.Daggers legend.
Oh please, get the violins out.
I cant work out if you are annoyed at Doe leaving or whether I've wound you up before the seasons even started and I weren't even trying :lol:
Good luck to him.Hes been a great servant to the club,changed my point of view 180 degrees,you remember my "Clumsy Doe" posts a few seasons back surely. All joking aside he will probably not have suffered financially which is what its all about at this level.These guys have to get a proper job when they are thrown on the scrap heap like the rest of us afterall.
Im in the Burnett to stay camp again these days but he did lose the dressing room that day and it is funny that pretty much all of those players have ****** off at the first chance.Some we miss and some we don't. No biggy,looking forward to the new season.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Woodford Dagger

Could understand him taking the drop down to conference for money if he was like 33, 34 but hes only 26 and I believe he's good enough for league 2 at the very least. Hope the drop in league is worth it.
CrownDagger

Clearly motivated by money. I remember reading an interview with Doe saying he wasn't motivated by money he just wanted to be a Football League player that was clearly bullshit. Lost a lot of respect for him now.
ARNU

CrownDagger wrote:Clearly motivated by money. I remember reading an interview with Doe saying he wasn't motivated by money he just wanted to be a Football League player that was clearly bullshit. Lost a lot of respect for him now.
Bit harsh.He saw out his contract played his heart out and now you lose respect for him.Lose respect for his employer not paying him well enough to stay not him.Family to feed and all that.So do you turn down pay rises to please your mates ?? Bearing in mind he probably earns a pretty ordinary wage at best.It aint the premiership afterall.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ThatRoundThing

The Chairman at Boreham Wood must have some serious wonga to finance all his new signings.

Their average attendance last season (a promotion season) was 312, (71.3% up on the previous season) highest attendance was 592

Eastleigh in the Conference Premier had an increase of 157.5% on the previous season to reach an average of 1752. Many Conference average attendances were down.
It remains to be seen if BF can get such a huge increase in attendance unless the guy is minted.
bearaab

ARNU wrote:
CrownDagger wrote:Clearly motivated by money. I remember reading an interview with Doe saying he wasn't motivated by money he just wanted to be a Football League player that was clearly bullshit. Lost a lot of respect for him now.
Bit harsh.He saw out his contract played his heart out and now you lose respect for him.Lose respect for his employer not paying him well enough to stay not him.Family to feed and all that.So do you turn down pay rises to please your mates ?? Bearing in mind he probably earns a pretty ordinary wage at best.It aint the premiership afterall.
Worlds gone mad when you're the voice of reason haha
matt_drfc

ThatRoundThing wrote:The Chairman at Boreham Wood must have some serious wonga to finance all his new signings.

Their average attendance last season (a promotion season) was 312, (71.3% up on the previous season) highest attendance was 592

Eastleigh in the Conference Premier had an increase of 157.5% on the previous season to reach an average of 1752. Many Conference average attendances were down.
It remains to be seen if BF can get such a huge increase in attendance unless the guy is minted.
Maybe they're gambling on Women's football becoming much more popular after the World Cup, more attendances, more money...
ThatRoundThing

Bookies not sure about BW. I put a fiver on them for promotion at 66/1 Corals yesterday. Now dropped to 33/1 but you can still get 66/1 at Skybet and Boyles.
Dropped at all other bookies since I checked oddschecker yesterday.
Lcbdagger

To be fair to the bookies... Two Daggers will not convince many they are champions in waiting when they think we week go down every season
nomis

I got 200/1 Boreham Wood on Thursday afternoon with Coral....
At the time Ladbroke were only going 80/1 and Coral were well out of line
Worth a small each way bet
PaulHornchurch

Can't see anyway a part time team can finish in top 5 let along win or win play offs.
matt_drfc

Yeah no chance they'll get promoted. 2 places up for grabs, Tranmere, Grimsby, Eastleigh, FGR all better.