Capital One Cup

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Away to Charlton - gotta be happy with that draw right??

I believe our record there (over 90 minutes) is played 2 drawn 2 .....
OBD

Underwhelmed
@OfficialBigDave
Dagger Steve

OBD wrote:Underwhelmed
Really?

Loving it, great start to the season. Hoping some of the old cup memories are stirred up. (Although guess the crowd size may leave a lot to be desired)
rebeldagger

I'm fairly happy with that. A simple journey for us to travel too, and let's hope the team can but in a good performance. Has been a while since we've played Charlton I believe.
dagger4eva

OBD wrote:Underwhelmed
Surprised .....

Guess how times change in just 14 years. Felt at the time like all Christmas' had come at once upon drawing Charlton in the FA Cup.

OK this, may not be quite on the same scale as an FA Cup 3rd Round tie but it's still a game against decent, local(ish), Championship opposition.

Bring it on I say!!
OBD

I live in Charlton territory so maybe I am slightly biased in this.

They are relatively small fry these days, a team competing to survive in the Championship and then get out of League One. Arguably a similar size club with similar ambitions to a Rotherham or Barnsley.

I would also have been underwhelmed with Rotherham or Barnsley.
@OfficialBigDave
stanton101

Should be a good night. Looking forward to it.
Dagger83

Considering we couldn't have got Rotherham or Barnsley that point is moot.

The only clubs I would have rather have got would have been Ipswich, QPR, Wolves or Birmingham I think. Good tie for me.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
NickMurphy

Quite happy with that, Valley is a great ground with great memories for us as a club, any chance to go back there for reduced entry (which is what it'll be), and I'd snap your hand off.
speedy

Not really a game I would have chosen. They might have a great stadium but what will the crowd be? Probably no more than 5000.
Personally I would have taken the worst team possible at home, get rid of the (I think) the only team in the football league never to have won a game in the competition, progress hopefully then draw a decent team and earn some money.
Mike the Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:Away to Charlton - gotta be happy with that draw right??

I believe our record there (over 90 minutes) is played 2 drawn 2 .....
Played 3, drawn 2, lost 1. Got beaten there in the Paint Pot in 2010.

Two weeks after the friendly.

Wayne is after a big cup run apparently. It'd be nice to just win a cup tie again sometime.

Still... memories are made of this-

EastLDN

Charlton away a lovely draw! Not too sure what pubs are like round that away though, wonder if they'll give us the whole away or just a section.
Dagdale

At this stage of Charlton Athletic's life its a winnable game for us, would have preferred some team like QPR at home to generate a bit more dosh and interest, can we break this voodoo now and get out of Round One at last? Good point, havn't been done this manor for years, boozers anyone?
Richie

Good draw, looking forward to it
Diggerthedog

Dagdale wrote:At this stage of Charlton Athletic's life its a winnable game for us, would have preferred some team like QPR at home to generate a bit more dosh and interest, can we break this voodoo now and get out of Round One at last? Good point, havn't been done this manor for years, boozers anyone?
Drink at the 02 then walk to the ground or if your working in the city London Bridge then Jump on train there.