Signings

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
speedy

Just my opinion but I don't think Connors should be anywhere near centre mid, completely out of his comfort zone on Saturday, fair play he took his goal well but even so. Personally I don't even rate him as a left back.
Montrose, didn't see anything to suggest he'd strengthen us in midfield. Just seemed a like for like stand in for labadie, who incidentally for those that don't know, he is suspended until October.
The one player I would like us to sign is Matt Richards, been impressed with what I've seen of him, very much in the Stuart thurgood mode.
dagger4eva

Richie wrote:
AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:Is Montrose the big centre mid from york? I thought he was Decent, not sure why we need him though, maybe a decision on Labadie is imminent
Spoke to Labadie in Eindhoven. Definitely staying by sounds of it, very nice guy.
I don't particularly care for how much of a nice guy he is. He was found guilty of biting the Stevenage player - banned, and apart from an initial statement by our club we have remained very tight lipped on the whole situation. A case of trying to brush it under the carpet perhaps?

I'd of got rid immediately on grounds of Gross Misconduct.
stanton101

I don't particularly care for how much of a nice guy he is. He was found guilty of biting the Stevenage player - banned, and apart from an initial statement by our club we have remained very tight lipped on the whole situation. A case of trying to brush it under the carpet perhaps?

I'd of got rid immediately on grounds of Gross Misconduct.[/quote]

Spot on. No way he should play for us again.
mickeyblue

Echo
Ladibie should not pull on the swords shirt this year.

He will tho which Imo is a shame. Management should of booted a day after being found guilty.
Not as if he been best player in fact pretty average
but we finished 9th!
Diggerthedog

I think it more to do with losing the other midfielders that he has stayed, Had they re-signed i'm sure he would have gone by now. Sacking people is not as easy as you might think.
Mikins

Diggerthedog wrote:I think it more to do with losing the other midfielders that he has stayed, Had they re-signed i'm sure he would have gone by now. Sacking people is not as easy as you might think.
You would think with his past history we would have included a gross misconduct release clause.

Although based on prior experience I dont always expect common sense from our club anymore.
Sorry about your damn luck!
The Romford Dagger

Its alright saying you dont want him now, but at the last home game for the lap of honour, the sieve sang the labadie song. From that the manager etc will assume the crowd want him to stay.
stanton101

Diggerthedog wrote:I think it more to do with losing the other midfielders that he has stayed, Had they re-signed i'm sure he would have gone by now. Sacking people is not as easy as you might think.
So now we're keeping because there's no one else, priceless. Might have been a different scenario had he been banged up.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Richie wrote:
AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:Is Montrose the big centre mid from york? I thought he was Decent, not sure why we need him though, maybe a decision on Labadie is imminent
Spoke to Labadie in Eindhoven. Definitely staying by sounds of it, very nice guy.
Intrigued by this, can you elaborate?
mickeyblue

If in breach of contract it's simple to sack someone.
but we finished 9th!
SUSSEX DAGGER

stanton101 wrote:
So now we're keeping because there's no one else, priceless. Might have been a different scenario had he been banged up.

He still maintains his innocence and was only found guilty in a process that does not meet the criteria of the law which would enable him to be banged up.

Still believe somebody was acting like a big girls bliouse over this, reports of fingers hanging off were always way off the mark. As if the Ref would have allowed any player to stay on the pitch with a finger hanging off.

Think somebody was exploiting his reputation and jumping on a bandwagon , before we sack anybody in fairness I would want proof that would satisfy a Court of Law, which this clearly did not.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
stanton101 wrote:

He still maintains his innocence and was only found guilty in a process that does not meet the criteria of the law which would enable him to be banged up.

Still believe somebody was acting like a big girls bliouse over this, reports of fingers hanging off were always way off the mark. As if the Ref would have allowed any player to stay on the pitch with a finger hanging off.

Think somebody was exploiting his reputation and jumping on a bandwagon , before we sack anybody in fairness I would want proof that would satisfy a Court of Law, which this clearly did not.
What a load of utter rubbish. The process does not need to meet any criteria of the law.
He was found guilty of misconduct by the body that regulates football, and the fact is that our family club has been disappointingly quiet about it.
If I was found guilty of misconduct by the body that regulates my profession, my employer would have no hesitation in getting shot of me, regardless of whether or not a court would have found differently.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Think somebody was exploiting his reputation and jumping on a bandwagon , before we sack anybody in fairness I would want proof that would satisfy a Court of Law, which this clearly did not.[/quote]

What a load of utter rubbish. The process does not need to meet any criteria of the law.
He was found guilty of misconduct by the body that regulates football, and the fact is that our family club has been disappointingly quiet about it.
If I was found guilty of misconduct by the body that regulates my profession, my employer would have no hesitation in getting shot of me, regardless of whether or not a court would have found differently.[/quote]

Blimey was only offering a reason why Club have not got rid, for all I know he may have a scandal involving the Club that he has threatened to sell to The Sunday Papers, but there must be a reason why the club have taken the stance they have.

Perhaps the case would have had more credibility if the injuries ,if there was one , had not been reported to over dramatised. Fingers hanging off you could not make it up but somebody did.
Adrian

And your offered reason is a load of utter rubbish.

I think the only person that has got hung up in the finger hanging off comment is you.
Westley being a test doesn't mean that Labadie isn't a thug that should be nowhere near a family club.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Adrian wrote:And your offered reason is a load of utter rubbish.

I think the only person that has got hung up in the finger hanging off comment is you.
Westley being a test doesn't mean that Labadie isn't a thug that should be nowhere near a family club.
Think the one with the hang up is you, I am indifferent to the whole matter just trying to offer a view that the Club have obviously taken.

The Club said they would hold an investigation , what form that took nobody knows but they have decided upon the action they have taken.

As I have confidence in those that run the Club I have accepted the conclusion they have come to and moved on, no hang up there.