Signings

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Thats also where my issue lies Sussex

No-one knows what form their investigation took
No-one knows what action they have taken
And no-one knows what conclusions they have come to ....

Because there hasnt been a single word uttered about it since the initial statement. Even a word to say they disagreed with the verdict and were backing their man could have given some kind of explanation.
Dagger83

There's a fan's forum soon isn't there? Perfect opportunity to ask.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Chigwellian

The management won't answer because as somebody said in the last forum. ..its like getting a straightforward answer out of North Korea. .
admin
Site Admin

If he did it, then he should be chucked out. Based on his track record I suspect he did. However I don't think anyone truly knows apart from the players themselves. I've watched the replay many times over and it doesn't look conclusive to me. All I would say for sure is Stevenage were very clearly making a lot of it.
Mike the Dagger

admin wrote:If he did it, then he should be chucked out. Based on his track record I suspect he did. However I don't think anyone truly knows apart from the players themselves. I've watched the replay many times over and it doesn't look conclusive to me. All I would say for sure is Stevenage were very clearly making a lot of it.
OK, I get that, but the FA have upheld the ban, and the club said they would review their position, then said nothing more since.

This is a player that signed with a cloud over him and has then been found guilty of repeating the offence that resulted in that cloud. I would presume that the club is savvy enough to insert clauses into the players it gives second chances too (a number that is increasing over time) so that they can be ditched at no cost if they re-offend. If not something is seriously wrong.

Now I personally dislike the whole Westley/Stevenage attitude immensely, and would believe that this was gamesmanship on their part (something with Westley that goes back right to his days managing Farnborough)), but the club has to be seen to be doing the right thing here or is in danger of becoming a pariah.
ARNU

He played his heart out that day,Stevenage are historically dirty bastards and were no different in that fixture.They had the ump all game on their molehill pitch and couldn't stand that we outplayed them on it.I don't think Labadie bit him at all,certainly didn't chomp off his whole thumb like they said and it did look like the Stevenage player poked/scratched Labadies eyes,id have bit him for that.He gets a pass from me on this occasion.Lets deal with the wife beaters drunk drivers and rapists before we get to minor incidents like this one.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

[quote="ARNU"]He played his heart out that day,Stevenage are historically dirty bastards and were no different in that fixture.They had the ump all game on their molehill pitch and couldn't stand that we outplayed them on it.I don't think Labadie bit him at all,certainly didn't chomp off his whole thumb like they said and it did look like the Stevenage player poked/scratched Labadies eyes,id have bit him for that.He gets a pass from me on this occasion.Lets deal with the wife beaters drunk drivers and rapists before we get to minor incidents like this one.

Nice post mate, definitely worth a thumbs up :D
Mike the Dagger

stanton101 wrote:
ARNU wrote:He played his heart out that day,Stevenage are historically dirty bastards and were no different in that fixture.They had the ump all game on their molehill pitch and couldn't stand that we outplayed them on it.I don't think Labadie bit him at all,certainly didn't chomp off his whole thumb like they said and it did look like the Stevenage player poked/scratched Labadies eyes,id have bit him for that.He gets a pass from me on this occasion.Lets deal with the wife beaters drunk drivers and rapists before we get to minor incidents like this one.
Nice post mate, definitely worth a thumbs up :D
Careful, in case someone bites that thumb while its up there.

The club left itself open here again. Poor. Should have said something about respecting the FA's decision while supporting the player involved blah blah, i.e. he's been found guilty but we don't believe he is. Obviously a bit of a minefield as you can't be seen to be undermining the disciplinary process, but saying nothing at all leaves a vacuum which gets filled by rumour and hearsay.
rebeldagger

For those at the games how did Ferdinand fare?

I was able to see Richards against Dulwich, I thought he fared well there. If we do manage to sign both these I'd be quite pleased.
stanton101

Ferdinand's done ok, but Richards is a class act at this level. I remember him being the stand out player in a very average Cheltenham team that played us last season. Good on the ball and can pick out a pass with the added bonus of getting stuck in when needed. According to WB we need two midfielders and a centre back, but he's not sure we'll be able to sign all three. Richards is a must for me, with a centre back, as I don't think nosworthy's all that tbh.
DaggerJoel11

The Charlton/Southend programme stated there would be a page about our signings in the Palace game, I assume this means we'll sign more players as our current additions does not constitute a whole page!
PaulHornchurch

Saturday is 1st August, so expect one or two signings then. It will be done Friday, but made public Saturday.
Lcbdagger

Richards for me is a must... Excellent signing for this level and gives the Thurgood/Gain aggression that gets fans on side when he's crunching in to a tackle.

Ferdinand looks good but with Boucard we need a creative midfielder as well as defensive ones who can play short, simple passes.

Def need an established CB if we can get one but I'd like to see Partridge get a run there rather than out at full back. Still worried about our ability to deal with cruises abs set pieces after the last two games which isn't great after two seasons under WB
matt_drfc

Doubt Ferdinand will happen, on trial at Yeovil tonight.
stanton101

matt_drfc wrote:Doubt Ferdinand will happen, on trial at Yeovil tonight.
I can definitely say he will not be signing for us.