Pre-Season game

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
OBD

NickMurphy wrote:
Dover is the only pre-season away I've ever done, I wouldn't recommend.
I've had some good weekends on the piss down Dover
@OfficialBigDave
The Romford Dagger

NickMurphy wrote:It's not an exciting list, but it doesn't need to be. (Plus what exciting non-league teams do you want to play?)

The only thing people generally ask is one half decent home friendly, although for obvious reasons that's not always possible.
Im predicting Brentford at home..
admin
Site Admin

The Romford Dagger wrote:
NickMurphy wrote:It's not an exciting list, but it doesn't need to be. (Plus what exciting non-league teams do you want to play?)

The only thing people generally ask is one half decent home friendly, although for obvious reasons that's not always possible.
Im predicting Brentford at home..
I'm predicting Ipswich at home
DaggerJoel11

We usually have 2 home games , so I'm predicting Fulham & Millwall to travel.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
PaulHornchurch

I predict QPR and a non London Premier League Team with a London Managerial connection
matt_drfc

PaulHornchurch wrote:I predict QPR and a non London Premier League Team with a London Managerial connection
Villa?
stanton101

I reckon on watford and fulham.
matt_drfc

I reckon Charlton and Huddersfield
OBD

West Ham and Reading
@OfficialBigDave
matt_drfc

OBD wrote:West Ham and Reading
Doubt West Ham considering they refused to let us use one of their many local training facilities.
Dagdale

Wouldn't mind to see out a game with Conference South play off winners and Conference new boys Boreham Wood, have we ever met them? Only a bit down the A1 from Apex Corner and could draw in a fair few from good footballing territory.
Diggerthedog

Dagdale wrote:Wouldn't mind to see out a game with Conference South play off winners and Conference new boys Boreham Wood, have we ever met them? Only a bit down the A1 from Apex Corner and could draw in a fair few from good footballing territory.
Played them back in the Ryman when we went over 1000 minutes not conceding, that was the game we reached 1000 and I was there. We never even won the league that season! I remember a bloke taking his dog to that one too.
DaggerJoel11

The home games in pre-season will probably be on Saturday 25th & Tuesday 28th July.
What I've gathered from this thread is that the current schedule is:

Saturday 11th July - Away V Maidstone
Wednesd 15th July - Away v Billericay Town (19:30)
Tuesday 21st July - Away v Erith & Belvedere
Wednesd 22nd July- Away v East Thurrock
Wednesd 29th July - Away v Wealdstone

Bit confused why most are on a Wednesday, we usually delegate the Wednesday's to squad games which take place the day after the first team game.
Last edited by DaggerJoel11 on Tue May 19, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
BillyC94

Ah disappointed at the date of the Maidstone fixture, it's down the road from my Mum's síde and I was quite intrigued by the 4g pitch however I'm away on holiday. Had heard rumours Wayne & Tim Sherwood were mates (could be total bull) and Villa was a possibility. Would surely draw in 2,500 if Villa sent a few first teamers down which is possible with no major tournament this summer + doubt many Villa fans would have visited Daggers so may want to tick it off. West Ham would be a good money spinner however doubt they'd be willing to entertain us. Colchester the week before the season starts would be a suitable test.
It's a game of opinions. @BillyCove94