Prediction - Who will stay and who will go?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Funny, whilst talking about Doe, that mcNulty has won a place in the League Two team of the year this season! Comfortably the least talented centre back I have seen play against us since we gained promotion from the Conference... incredible the plaudits Doey could have at a team challenging for promotion
ARNU

Luton are done now,fully expect them to blow out of steam and struggle next season.Bit like us under Still after relegation from league 1.Everyone new what to expect and we nearly went down again twice because he wouldn't change the tactics.All his old boys will have got a bit older too,how long can you keep wheeling out McNulty Benno and Griffiths ?? Id wager Dagenham will finish higher than Luton next season even if we both go down :lol:
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

You'd need some barrow to wheel Mcnulty out.
Diggerthedog

bearaab wrote:Once again, just saying Ogogo won't play there without any proof.
Burnett and currie have said in numerous interviews Abu no longer wants to play at right back.
Richie

Diggerthedog wrote:
Burnett and currie have said in numerous interviews Abu no longer wants to play at right back.
But he has been playing there! He may not want to, but he has been. Can't knock the guy for that.
leewilson

ARNU wrote:Luton are done now,fully expect them to blow out of steam and struggle next season.Bit like us under Still after relegation from league 1.Everyone new what to expect and we nearly went down again twice because he wouldn't change the tactics.All his old boys will have got a bit older too,how long can you keep wheeling out McNulty Benno and Griffiths ?? Id wager Dagenham will finish higher than Luton next season even if we both go down :lol:
I actually disagree Arnu. Still will be given the resources at Luton to improve the squad. For their first season in the football league, they retained most of the squad that went up last season and he will now be aware who isn't quite up to it. Considering they sold Andre Gray and had a ton of injuries, they've made a pretty good fist of it. I actually think it's a blessing in disguise that they don't make the play offs this season in terms of expectations next season.

I would bet on McNulty being more of a squad player next season and a new CB being bought to partner Wilkinson. Griffiths in all fairness is 29 and good at this level so no issues over him. Benson will also play a smaller part I reckon whilst Cullen and I imagine a new striker will play the majority of games. Nathan Doyle is one of the best midfielders in the league although they need to replace Guttridge who is becoming very injury prone. Pelly Ruddock is also a superb young player who has been hit with injuries and I expect him to burst onto the scene next season. They've got the makings of a good squad. If Still buys well, and I reckon he will, they'll be right up there, especially since I don't see Yeovil and Colchester doing much at all next season.
bearaab

Diggerthedog wrote:
Not wanting too and refusing are 2 different things.
Lcbdagger

Richie wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
But he has been playing there! He may not want to, but he has been. Can't knock the guy for that.
Presumably his only other option would be to not play at all?? Hardly something a professional footballer would do... shame we couldn't have just said to him "we have three or four decent central midfield players but you are probably the league's best RB"... never understood the issues around this decision... the best league player in his position should play there, no discussion
Diggerthedog

bearaab wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
Not wanting too and refusing are 2 different things.
At my work if my boss tells me to do something I should be doing it regardless of what I think, if I don't want to do it and sulk like I baby and would expect to be sacked. He is employed by the club as a professional footballer and should do what he is told to do. He has become far too big for his boots. He won't be here next season which will be no loss to our midfield as he offers very little other than running around like a headless chicken. We looked much better without him when he was injured.
bearaab

What I'm trying to say is, no one at any point has said he has refused, justhat he doesn't want to. I complain about stuff at work but get in with it. What's to say Wayne just isn't playing him rather than him refusing? I'm not sticking up for him, his don't want to judge him without proof.
Lcbdagger

Diggerthedog wrote:He won't be here next season which will be no loss to our midfield as he offers very little other than running around like a headless chicken. We looked much better without him when he was injured.
I think if we are in a tight game or 1-0 down he gives a bit of strength in the tackle and motivates the fans to get behind the players and push for a goal or two... technically however, he isn't the greatest midfielder and certainly doesn't have us losing too much when he doesn't play... Saying that, I think a midfield without Abs and Billy next season would be hard to make better over the summer
stanton101

At my work if my boss tells me to do something I should be doing it regardless of what I think, if I don't want to do it and sulk like I baby and would expect to be sacked. He is employed by the club as a professional footballer and should do what he is told to do. He has become far too big for his boots. He won't be here next season which will be no loss to our midfield as he offers very little other than running around like a headless chicken. We looked much better without him when he was injured.[/quote]

Agreed. If a manager tells you to do something, then despite you're feelings you get on with it regardless. Whether you think its right or wrong is immaterial. As much as I like Abs, no man is bigger than a club. If he does indeed leave us then he goes with my blessings, he has always given 100% but if he stays then he needs to understand that WB is the boss.
matt_drfc

But what bearaab and Richie are saying is, where is this proof he is sulking? Where is this proof he is refusing to play at right back? Where is this proof he isn't doing what the manager is asking? As far as I'm aware he has said he wants to play centre mid, but if the manager wants him to play RB he will do, what is the problem with that?

My thinking as to why he's not starting of late is because he may have said to WB he will be moving on at the end of the season, which he is entitled to do. So WB is giving Partridge games at RB and giving Raymond games in midfield, which he is also entitled to do. People always want someone to blame for things when it could be as simple as both parties agreeing what's best.
Richie

matt_drfc wrote:But what bearaab and Richie are saying is, where is this proof he is sulking? Where is this proof he is refusing to play at right back? Where is this proof he isn't doing what the manager is asking? As far as I'm aware he has said he wants to play centre mid, but if the manager wants him to play RB he will do, what is the problem with that?

My thinking as to why he's not starting of late is because he may have said to WB he will be moving on at the end of the season, which he is entitled to do. So WB is giving Partridge games at RB and giving Raymond games in midfield, which he is also entitled to do. People always want someone to blame for things when it could be as simple as both parties agreeing what's best.
What he said
Diggerthedog

matt_drfc wrote:But what bearaab and Richie are saying is, where is this proof he is sulking? Where is this proof he is refusing to play at right back? Where is this proof he isn't doing what the manager is asking? As far as I'm aware he has said he wants to play centre mid, but if the manager wants him to play RB he will do, what is the problem with that?

He has tried to undermine the manger, would he have tried that under Still? no. Where was all his requests to play in midfield under Still?

Abu needs to be told his best position is right back. To play in Midfield he might need to drop down to Conference.

He is off anyway so never mind.